E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Official BMW Performance Exhaust for 320D out now!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Thanks for sound clips Carlsson. How does it compared with stock when you are on the road? Does it cause any drone noise?

Has anyone else in UK bought one?

I'm thinking to order one soon for my 320d as I want to get rid of the single exhaust tip and keep everything OEM.
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
smacg
Smacg
 
smacg's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 320d Msport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chedixon View Post
Hate to think how much it is lol, can't see there being much of a difference bar aesthetics but I'd be interested to see one
+1
smacg is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #25
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Ok I've placed an order yesterday
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #26
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Ok i've installed the PE exhaust for my 320d today, the fitting is perfect! absolutely love it, here is a quick pic:
Attached Images
 
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #27
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamalexxx View Post
Verry nice, it's posible to upload a video whith sound and more pictures? because I want it this change, I have the same engine. Thank's
Sorry, haven't had a chance to upload the video yet, but it is very similar to this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...rmance+exhaust

Here are a few more photos:
Attached Images
   
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
rich1068
has left the building
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 3,363
iTrader: (0)

That looks really well.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #29
adamalexxx
New Member
 
Drives: E92 320D
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Romania

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Perfect

adamalexxx is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #30
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Thanks. I'm very happy with the purchase, the car also feels more responsive at lower RPM and doesn't sound too loud at all in the cabin and no drone whatsoever.

A very subtle mod given it is a diesel!
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Looks great Ninjaoz. Would you mind posting some more pictures of it in perspective with the car on the ground?

I'm looking to do this pretty soon so this will help sell it to me. Can you hear any turbo spooling noise at all. Some performance/aftermarket exhausts on diesels let out a howling noise which i'd like to avoid if possible.
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #32
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 925
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Will post more photos when I get home tonight. In terms of turbo spooling noise, don't expect a major improvement over the stock exhaust as it is a diesel 4 cylinders afterall.

It does make little more noise but not as deep throaty sound you would expect from a petrol engine.

Maybe it is worthwhile to have a look at Eisenmann if the exhaust note is your major concern.

Last edited by Ninjaoz; 09-05-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #33
tazg101
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newcastle

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
Thanks. I'm very happy with the purchase, the car also feels more responsive at lower RPM and doesn't sound too loud at all in the cabin and no drone whatsoever.

A very subtle mod given it is a diesel!
hi mate, could I ask you what the cost was. Seems like an upgrade i've got to have. thanks

edit: sorry just noticed your in Australia . Do you have the part number so I can check with dealers? thanks
tazg101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #34
tazg101
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newcastle

Posts: 38
iTrader: (1)

i'vefound the part number for the 320d performance exhaust if anyone is interested:

18302185802

for sale on the bmw ebay shop.
tazg101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #35
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
Will post more photos when I get home tonight. In terms of turbo spooling noise, don't expect a major improvement over the stock exhaust as it is a diesel 4 cylinders afterall.

It does make little more noise but not as deep throaty sound you would expect from a petrol engine.

Maybe it is worthwhile to have a look at Eisenmann if the exhaust note is your major concern.

That's fine. I don't really want loud noise, just a subtle noise is fine - which from your description, sounds exactly what this does.

Be good to see some more shots when you get a chance. I'm looking to do this upgrade before Christmas
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
Boyd1963
Major
 
Boyd1963's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 320d e92
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bournemouth

Posts: 1,301
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
That's fine. I don't really want loud noise, just a subtle noise is fine - which from your description, sounds exactly what this does.

Be good to see some more shots when you get a chance. I'm looking to do this upgrade before Christmas

Did you ever get this done? I am really keen on getting one of these!

Last edited by Boyd1963; 10-11-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Boyd1963 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #37
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
Did you ever get this done? I am really keen on getting one of these!
Not yet. Itching to get one when funds allow. Hoping to treat myself before chrimbo
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #38
StarSailor
Enlisted Member
 
StarSailor's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Am I correct in thinking that the part is 500ish? Or, can it be had for less?
StarSailor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSailor View Post
Am I correct in thinking that the part is 500ish? Or, can it be had for less?
Yeah it is. Although worth shopping around. Some dealers do offer a good discount. If you don't ask you don't get!

I'm going to be placing my order pretty soon
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #40
StarSailor
Enlisted Member
 
StarSailor's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
Yeah it is. Although worth shopping around. Some dealers do offer a good discount. If you don't ask you don't get!

I'm going to be placing my order pretty soon
Thanks for that - what do you reckon you'll be able to get as a discount %age wise?

Cheers.
StarSailor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #41
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSailor View Post
Thanks for that - what do you reckon you'll be able to get as a discount %age wise?

Cheers.
I would aim for around 10-15% mate.

I've now ordered mine - whoo hoo. Can't wait to get it Been on my list of mods long enough!

Last edited by bmwak; 11-01-2012 at 05:48 AM.
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #42
bmwak
Major
 
bmwak's Avatar
 
Drives: 325D M-Sport Coupe (E92 LCI)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

Posts: 1,073
iTrader: (3)

Received my exhaust and couldn't wait, so had it fitted by Birds. Initial thoughts so far is that it is fantastic!

Fitment:

Fitment is absolutely perfect (I have a bit of a perfection OCD) so it definitely ticks that box. I would have liked the tailpipes to be about 2cm more tucked in, but nevertheless it still looks very OEM and I am extremely pleased. The BMW Performance diffuser does stick out more than the standard M-Sport one, if you want to overcome this; but like I said, its really if your picky. I think i'm going to leave it as it is!

Performance:
Despite being named the 'Performance' exhaust, I didn't expect it to make any noticeable change 'performance-wise'. However, I was wrong and i am going to echo what Carlsson has already said - the car is definitely more willing to go and IMO it feels more like the F30 320D (which if you have driven will know it feels pretty rapid, in comparison to the E90/E92). Pick up on second and third gear has definitely improved and it seems to have more lower end grunt, which I think the 320D lacked a bit in standard form.

Noise:
In terms of noise, the engine note doesn't change. It still sounds pretty much the same when idling and at RPM below 3,000rpm. Anything above and you can hear the exhaust note. Its very subtle and you can't pick it up from the cabin much, unless your window is down. Some may be disappointed by this, but IMO a Diesel is not going to sound great with a lovely howling exhaust, and the diesel clatter behind it at low RPM. Its just as well that you can only hear it when you rev it more, as the car sounds less diesel like then!

Overall - am I happy and do I think the mod was worth it overall - definitely 100%!
bmwak is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #43
Ross335i
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Looks good!
Ross335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #44
StarSailor
Enlisted Member
 
StarSailor's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwak View Post
Received my exhaust and couldn't wait, so had it fitted by Birds. Initial thoughts so far is that it is fantastic!

Fitment:

Fitment is absolutely perfect (I have a bit of a perfection OCD) so it definitely ticks that box. I would have liked the tailpipes to be about 2cm more tucked in, but nevertheless it still looks very OEM and I am extremely pleased. The BMW Performance diffuser does stick out more than the standard M-Sport one, if you want to overcome this; but like I said, its really if your picky. I think i'm going to leave it as it is!

Performance:
Despite being named the 'Performance' exhaust, I didn't expect it to make any noticeable change 'performance-wise'. However, I was wrong and i am going to echo what Carlsson has already said - the car is definitely more willing to go and IMO it feels more like the F30 320D (which if you have driven will know it feels pretty rapid, in comparison to the E90/E92). Pick up on second and third gear has definitely improved and it seems to have more lower end grunt, which I think the 320D lacked a bit in standard form.

Noise:
In terms of noise, the engine note doesn't change. It still sounds pretty much the same when idling and at RPM below 3,000rpm. Anything above and you can hear the exhaust note. Its very subtle and you can't pick it up from the cabin much, unless your window is down. Some may be disappointed by this, but IMO a Diesel is not going to sound great with a lovely howling exhaust, and the diesel clatter behind it at low RPM. Its just as well that you can only hear it when you rev it more, as the car sounds less diesel like then!

Overall - am I happy and do I think the mod was worth it overall - definitely 100%!
Sounds good! Have you got any pics on your car?
StarSailor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST