E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Questions on Tuning



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
ninjadonkey
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i AT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Daytona Beach

Posts: 46
iTrader: (3)

Questions on Tuning

Hello All,

I've been trolling the forums and gathering information on N54 tuning for a month or two. I finally purchased a 2010 335i coupe AT and wanted some advice on what upgrade path I should take. I have 2000.00ish to purchase upgrades now while getting other items as money comes in.

Now
JB4 plus BMS USB Cable and Dual Cone Intake Combo for 600.00
BMS 135i 335i 3" Performance Downpipes 330.00
BMS Meth Kit with 2.2 gal. Integrated Tank, solenoid, including FSB 540.00
cp-e™ 135/335/535 Intercooler burger 840.00

If I choose between Meth or Intercooler which one should I get?

I am excited to start tinkering with tuning as it reminds me of overclocking my AMD Thunderbird 1 Gig to 1.5, penciling the L1-L2 together, upgrade the ram and add my girls hairdryer fan.

All advice welcome
ninjadonkey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
 
mkPOTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 15,484
iTrader: (23)

Garage List
I would say Intercooler first
__________________

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
mkPOTO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Sounds like you have a good plan thus far. Go with the intercooler, and mix E85.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
bigdnno98
Major
 
bigdnno98's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92 335i MT
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Clarksville, TN

Posts: 1,143
iTrader: (7)

Meth. Or pick them both up used
__________________
New Project....... 2.4L Long Rod motor for my EVO
03 Evo 8 HTA3582r Blown Motor
09 e92 335i MT Sold 440hp/480tq
bigdnno98 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
Ænema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Assuming you have a steady, dependable supply I say go with meth.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ænema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
ninjadonkey
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i AT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Daytona Beach

Posts: 46
iTrader: (3)

Thanks for the info everyone.

I ordered my JB4/DCI combo today and will be eagerly awaiting their arrival. I'm going to wait and do more research on the other items because I think RB turbos are in my near future.
ninjadonkey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,943
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadonkey View Post
Thanks for the info everyone.

I ordered my JB4/DCI combo today and will be eagerly awaiting their arrival. I'm going to wait and do more research on the other items because I think RB turbos are in my near future.
Geez, RBs are gonna be more than $2k! You sure you don't want to drive the car tuned for a little while before going to that level of tinkering? With that kind of power you'll have to strongly consider an LSD ($2500) and at some point down the road a tranny upgrade...
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
ninjadonkey
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i AT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Daytona Beach

Posts: 46
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Geez, RBs are gonna be more than $2k! You sure you don't want to drive the car tuned for a little while before going to that level of tinkering? With that kind of power you'll have to strongly consider an LSD ($2500) and at some point down the road a tranny upgrade...
I agree 100%. I'm trying to be responsible by spending 2K on upgrades so I can pay the loan off early or get a bunch of upgrades and make minimum payments.

I finished installing my JB4/DCI on Saturday about 5, had to leave to a party at 6 so I did a quick run around the block and went to the party. I am 38 years old and lost my passion for driving many years ago. Sunday morning I drove around town like I was 16 years old punching it and smiling.

I'm going to the track on Friday with co-workers and I can't wait to see what times I get.
ninjadonkey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadonkey View Post
I agree 100%. I'm trying to be responsible by spending 2K on upgrades so I can pay the loan off early or get a bunch of upgrades and make minimum payments.

I finished installing my JB4/DCI on Saturday about 5, had to leave to a party at 6 so I did a quick run around the block and went to the party. I am 38 years old and lost my passion for driving many years ago. Sunday morning I drove around town like I was 16 years old punching it and smiling.

I'm going to the track on Friday with co-workers and I can't wait to see what times I get.
Congrats! Be sure to post up your slips. If you want to have some fun, mix in some E85 and put it on map 5
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
ninjadonkey
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2010 335i AT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Daytona Beach

Posts: 46
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Congrats! Be sure to post up your slips. If you want to have some fun, mix in some E85 and put it on map 5
What mixture do you recommend for my JB4/DCI setup?
ninjadonkey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

Get the Cx racing Intercooler on eBay and new coils and plugs, you're gonna need them with tune and more power
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

No need for meth if you can run 30 mix of e85
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST