E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > LTMW-Poor Communication

10-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Unhappy LTMW-Problem Fixed

Not that I’m trying to be a give anyone a bad rap, but I’ve basically been trying to get a hold of LTMW for two months-more specifically Long Tran, but I have emailed other people. I’ve called, left emails, and left more emails. A while back, Long told me that he could get me parts for my project and beat any dealer price, so I decided to call him up on it. I basically sent a list to him twice telling him what I needed, and he messaged me on the forum telling me to send him a list of what I needed in the same email that I sent him that was telling him what I needed. This was on the 4th of this month. It’s now the 22nd , not to mention the emails from last month, and the month before that. I called and was able to get a hold of Phillip at LTMW this morning, in which he told me that he’d be able to get a price for me if I called back this afternoon. I called back asking for Phillip, and it turns out that the one time that Long Tran is available he tells the clerk on the phone instead of talking to me (even though I had requested a few times in the past to talk to him); $400 for each fender, which is way more than what I would pay buying the fenders I need brand new from anywhere that sells them. I even told them I don’t care if they’re used, secondhand, etc, as I’m going to do have all the work done at a body shop and my car repainted. I’m currently deployed so it’s very hard to call people ($20 for ten minutes), and email is no problem.
Maybe it’s because I don’t drive a 335i or an M3? I mean, I have the means and I was hoping to get lots of other parts from them, but nobody has made an effort at LTMW to email me back or to do business with me until today, and then I get a bogus price and the guy I want to talk to talks to me through someone else. I was never rude, and always waited around a week before contacting them again. I know other people have had great experiences with them, but why is it that I get left out?

EDIT: Long has clarified and gotten ahold of me. Thank you!

Last edited by Tim M; 11-02-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

LTBMW is always crazy busy. The guys there are always running around and answering calls (emails too, I'm sure). If it takes a long time to get back to you, don't take it personally. Calling is the easiest way to get ahold of somebody, but since it's not the best option for you, send Long another PM. I PM'd him a week or two ago and I noticed that he has not logged into his moderator account for a while. Send a PM to his vendor account and he should be able to get back to you faster (again, give him a few days).

They don't discriminate. They are happy to work on any car, whether it be a 328i, M5, or anything in between.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

Just email him at the address listed on his website. I asked about a part and he got back to me within a day or two. I don't even own a BMW at the moment, was just asking about a replacement part for a car I was interested in purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

you are aware SEMA is like next week.
I know alot of vendors and shops have been swamped with cars that are going to SEMA.
its more that the margin he is making on getting you cheap parts is nowhere near what he is making on the labor and custom fab that he is doing.
sucks to be treated like that.
I had a duke dynamics trunk ordered and was having trouble getting ahold of them every day after the 6 week mark passed.
i found out LTBMW was the USA distributor and the shipment went to them and then they send it to me.
At that time they were swamped with BimmerFest or Mfest or one of the Fests.....and they were having trouble getting back to me.
just be patient
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Email is the worst option; they never answered mine. Calling is the best option. Oddly (compared to your situation), they were able to schedule me in the day before they had a track meet or something for a magazine.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep

I know I didn't have a number they could call me back at, but I called once a week for like 7 weeks straight.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
I know I didn't have a number they could call me back at, but I called once a week for like 7 weeks straight.
I've experienced similar bait and switch practices but Long is a friend so I've let it go. I try to understand from their perspective that they are extremely busy so I continue to let it go. Long would always give me a killer price, and because of that price I do not hesitate and move forward immediately. When the job is done, he gives me a final price with a 30% mark up. I never argue with him because there is no written proof of our original agreement and since Long is so busy he wouldn't remember anyway.

I just had an insurance claim of near $5k. It took LTMW over a month to get my vehicle done. I gave LTMW plenty of space and did not bother them at all. That was my mistake. I have found you really need to stay on top of LTMW because they have so many customers otherwise your car would be lost in the shuffle. If you tell LTMW you can't pick up your car Tuesday but can on Saturday, they will interpret that they have more time to work on your car and it will be placed in the back burner. Then when Saturday comes, it won't be done and your Saturday is spent waiting in their lobby. Now $5k is no joke and is a hefty insurance claim, I signed over the check no issues, did not request any cash back or that they itemize anything. Meanwhile there was some guy there the same time also with an insurance claim who was checking up on every dollar spent and was asking for this and that AND expected cash back from the insurance claim. Me? I just wanted my car done.

And when I got my car back, the iDrive system did not work. But LTMW fixed quickly, albeit at the cost of my time and my inconvenience. Before, when I was a kid, I did not consider my time too valuable...but now that I am older...I make appointments, I have meetings and it becomes more and more difficult for me to let things like this go when the people I deal with at work never seem to fail me and never seem to give me any excuses or delays. If I can expect and demand such professionalism from the people I work with, why can't I expect the same from LTMW, a vendor so esteemed and with such high repute?

And my car was terribly detailed. I don't detail my car ever anymore, but at least I try to maintain. LTMW's detailer seemingly poured SmartWax leather cleaner all over my car and did not even wipe clean...leaving my interior extremely greasy. As you may know, leather is not supposed to be shiny but matte, and I've tried so hard over the years to maintain my interior...only for LTMW to ruin it in one short month.

Lastly, my car suffered misfires and long cranks immediately after receiving from LTMW so I took it into my local dealer. The local dealer informed me through the course of their inspection that my oil filter was not put on correctly, causing an oil leak. Now I knew about this oil leak previously, which mysteriously occurred after my first oil change with LTMW, so I specifically went back into LTMW for a second oil change within 5 months. The leak persisted but I never had time to address it. I informed Long who told me it was impossible to mess up the oil filter and that he did not believe me. I did take a quick pic of the dealer technician's notes, but did want to continue the he-said she-said so I never sent it to Long.

Clearly I've been holding this in for a while; I could make my own thread but I'll just add my two cents (venting) here cause at the end of the day, Long is still a friend but I'm just gonna stay on top of him next time I bring my car over.

It just leaves such a bad taste in one's mouth. LTMW, please know that I am not a fool, you change the price on me, I let you take and keep all of the insurance check--I let a lot of things go out of friendship but I see everything that is going on. But in the end I all care about is getting stuff done right and on time. But I can't even get that level of service...I don't think that is too much to ask :/
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Slowly108
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
I've experienced similar bait and switch practices but Long is a friend so I've let it go. I try to understand from their perspective that they are extremely busy so I continue to let it go. Long would always give me a killer price, and because of that price I do not hesitate and move forward immediately. When the job is done, he gives me a final price with a 30% mark up. I never argue with him because there is no written proof of our original agreement and since Long is so busy he wouldn't remember anyway.

I just had an insurance claim of near $5k. It took LTMW over a month to get my vehicle done. I gave LTMW plenty of space and did not bother them at all. That was my mistake. I have found you really need to stay on top of LTMW because they have so many customers otherwise your car would be lost in the shuffle. If you tell LTMW you can't pick up your car Tuesday but can on Saturday, they will interpret that they have more time to work on your car and it will be placed in the back burner. Then when Saturday comes, it won't be done and your Saturday is spent waiting in their lobby. Now $5k is no joke and is a hefty insurance claim, I signed over the check no issues, did not request any cash back or that they itemize anything. Meanwhile there was some guy there the same time also with an insurance claim who was checking up on every dollar spent and was asking for this and that AND expected cash back from the insurance claim. Me? I just wanted my car done.

And when I got my car back, the iDrive system did not work. But LTMW fixed quickly, albeit at the cost of my time and my inconvenience. Before, when I was a kid, I did not consider my time too valuable...but now that I am older...I make appointments, I have meetings and it becomes more and more difficult for me to let things like this go when the people I deal with at work never seem to fail me and never seem to give me any excuses or delays. If I can expect and demand such professionalism from the people I work with, why can't I expect the same from LTMW, a vendor so esteemed and with such high repute?

And my car was terribly detailed. I don't detail my car ever anymore, but at least I try to maintain. LTMW's detailer seemingly poured SmartWax leather cleaner all over my car and did not even wipe clean...leaving my interior extremely greasy. As you may know, leather is not supposed to be shiny but matte, and I've tried so hard over the years to maintain my interior...only for LTMW to ruin it in one short month.

Lastly, my car suffered misfires and long cranks immediately after receiving from LTMW so I took it into my local dealer. The local dealer informed me through the course of their inspection that my oil filter was not put on correctly, causing an oil leak. Now I knew about this oil leak previously, which mysteriously occurred after my first oil change with LTMW, so I specifically went back into LTMW for a second oil change within 5 months. The leak persisted but I never had time to address it. I informed Long who told me it was impossible to mess up the oil filter and that he did not believe me. I did take a quick pic of the dealer technician's notes, but did want to continue the he-said she-said so I never sent it to Long.

Clearly I've been holding this in for a while; I could make my own thread but I'll just add my two cents (venting) here cause at the end of the day, Long is still a friend but I'm just gonna stay on top of him next time I bring my car over.

It just leaves such a bad taste in one's mouth. LTMW, please know that I am not a fool, you change the price on me, I let you take and keep all of the insurance check--I let a lot of things go out of friendship but I see everything that is going on. But in the end I all care about is getting stuff done right and on time. But I can't even get that level of service...I don't think that is too much to ask :/
I feel for you.. been down this road before. It's never easy mixing these two things..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: threethreefive

Quote:

A Friend that takes advantage of someone, isnt a friend at all.

Similar post, just sharing my previous experiences with LTBMW.

Going back x months, i had sent a PM to both LT & Robin for a price quote on an Mtech rear bumper & an LCI IS Diffuser painted & shipped. In the PM, i had specifically asked them to paint the diffuser in a certain way and to include that in their pricing. They gave me a very decent quote compared to what i could get from other vendors such as Tischer shipped then painted at my local shop. This was before all the mtec rep bumpers were introduced.

So i responded back letting them know that im in and to get the process started. They had told me it would take 5-7 days to have everything ready and sent out so in my mind, i knew it would realistically take 2 weeks tops. As Jasonn mentioned above, i really had to stick them inorder to followup on the parts to make sure they are on top of it. After a few phone calls/pms speaking with both Long Tran and Robin, i had reconfirmed with them on MULTIPLE occasions how i wanted my diffuser to be painted etc. ( i did this intentionally to drill that in their heads incase they comback and say I never said this and that). I even sent them a picture detailing what i wanted it done.

After about two and a half weeks just around the painting phase, i get a PM from Long stating " There has been a mistake, please contact me". In my mind, i was like.. Oh Boy..., rang him up as soon as i read the message and he tells me the price he quoted me was for an Mtech bumper + the STANDARD LCI diffuser, which is essentially the same as the pre-lci diffuser and that i had to pay an additional $300 if i wanted the IS one. At that point i was extremely heated, but i kept my cool. I explained to him that i had confirmed on multiple occasions both PM and Robin himself via phone at least 3x. But Long said if he had taken the original quoted price, he would be taking a loss and was very adament about it.

I could go on about how our conversation went but by reading that top bit im sure you get the jist of it. The entire transaction left a bitter taste in my mouth and i will most likely NOT do any business with them in the future. How can a vendor be considered "reputable" by running shady businesses like this? Im sure he has helped many people, especially locals but his online or out of state business transactions needs work.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #10
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I read a few other threads like this one. I'm pretty upset that someone would waste my time like this. I spent like $40 on phone cards out to see to call these guys. :/
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Not that I’m trying to be a give anyone a bad rap, but I’ve basically been trying to get a hold of LTMW for two months-more specifically Long Tran, but I have emailed other people. I’ve called, left emails, and left more emails. A while back, Long told me that he could get me parts for my project and beat any dealer price, so I decided to call him up on it. I basically sent a list to him twice telling him what I needed, and he messaged me on the forum telling me to send him a list of what I needed in the same email that I sent him that was telling him what I needed. This was on the 4th of this month. It’s now the 22nd , not to mention the emails from last month, and the month before that. I called and was able to get a hold of Phillip at LTMW this morning, in which he told me that he’d be able to get a price for me if I called back this afternoon. I called back asking for Phillip, and it turns out that the one time that Long Tran is available he tells the clerk on the phone instead of talking to me (even though I had requested a few times in the past to talk to him); $400 for each fender, which is way more than what I would pay buying the fenders I need brand new from anywhere that sells them. I even told them I don’t care if they’re used, secondhand, etc, as I’m going to do have all the work done at a body shop and my car repainted. I’m currently deployed so it’s very hard to call people ($20 for ten minutes), and email is no problem.
Maybe it’s because I don’t drive a 335i or an M3? I mean, I have the means and I was hoping to get lots of other parts from them, but nobody has made an effort at LTMW to email me back or to do business with me until today, and then I get a bogus price and the guy I want to talk to talks to me through someone else. I was never rude, and always waited around a week before contacting them again. I know other people have had great experiences with them, but why is it that I get left out?

Gunner, I quoted you $400 for the fenders in addition with the filled in side vents. You've previously inquired about fenders similar to Creaminz. His fenders were filled in. As we've discussed, Tischer has the fenders listed for $391.08 each without the filled in vents. Hence, the $400 quote for filled in vents. If you want the fender without the filled in vents I would be more than happy to offer them at $350, which is cheaper than Tischer.

Any time we communicated, it was always the same questions. "What do I need? How do I do this? How do I do that?" I know you are trying to save money by doing it yourself, many people do it, but I have a shop to run here. I cannot guide you through the entire process. I am sorry.

Quote:

I am so confused with your statement Johnson. bait and switch practices?30% mark up? I do not recall you buying anything from us here. We've performed a service of your car. If you believe us to be friends, why wasn't these issues addressed to me personally? And if you've come to the conclusion that my service was so bad, why did you bring in your GF's car for us to service as well? This is not the only time you've complained or brought up any negative statements. You've done this in the past, and to my knowledge we've cleared things up with you. I have never heard another complaint from you and now I see this? This came out of the blue, I am so confuse with you Johnson.

Johnson, your car was repair amounted to $4237.34. That was how much it was going to cost to fix your rear bumper, quarter panel, side skirt, and rear passenger door. Being the "friend" that I am, I offered to fix your front passenger fender, repaint your front passenger fender and repair your curb rash on your wheels in addition with the other work at no extra charge. Your car was here for three weeks. I know I had previously promised you two weeks, but my body guy forgot to repair your front fender. The car was done in 2 weeks, but he had only followed the repair order on the insurance claim and not the addition work. It was my fault for not mentioning to him to repair the fender as well. I offered to get you a rental, at my expense, and I tried to accommodate with you on your schedule. I even offered to meet you on sunday, which was what we did.

I helped you fix your navigation at no charge, and this service is an inconvenience you? You are complaining about free work?

With such time constraints I understand how crucial it is to make appointments. I did my best to make it work for you. If I had known you were that busy and required the car then, I would've had the car towed to you immediately.

Johnson, you do not maintain your car at all anymore which shocks me. Your car came in dirty as hell. The only thing you care about in your interior is your steering wheel. You have a cover for it. We never took that off. I apologize for my detailer and the way he handled detail. I had no idea you didn't want shiny interior. That is how my detailer does it. I am sorry.

Johnson, are you blaming us for the misfire and the long crank as well? For your oil filter leaking oil, I have already told you this over the phone. It is not the cap that is leaking, it is your oil filter housing that was leaking. How can a cap be installed wrong? If it was installed wrong, the threads would be crossed and the cap would serve useless. I have asked you to bring it to me for evaluation. You've never brought it by. I even told you, if we did it wrong and caused this issue, I would cover it 100%. I know you have a busy schedule, but you know me, I am here from 9am-8pm. I would have met you at your house if you wanted to. The dealer is not there to be your friend.

Here is a thread about the oil filter housing.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746310

You still say we are friends but yet you do not speak up. How am I suppose to know what to do?

It just leaves such a bad taste in one's mouth. LTMW, please know that I am not a fool, you change the price on me, I let you take and keep all of the insurance check--I let a lot of things go out of friendship but I see everything that is going on. But in the end I all care about is getting stuff done right and on time. But I can't even get that level of service...I don't think that is too much to ask

It's not too much work to speak up. If you don't speak up, I have assume everything is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable96 View Post
A Friend that takes advantage of someone, isnt a friend at all.

Similar post, just sharing my previous experiences with LTBMW.

Going back x months, i had sent a PM to both LT & Robin for a price quote on an Mtech rear bumper & an LCI IS Diffuser painted & shipped. In the PM, i had specifically asked them to paint the diffuser in a certain way and to include that in their pricing. They gave me a very decent quote compared to what i could get from other vendors such as Tischer shipped then painted at my local shop. This was before all the mtec rep bumpers were introduced.

So i responded back letting them know that im in and to get the process started. They had told me it would take 5-7 days to have everything ready and sent out so in my mind, i knew it would realistically take 2 weeks tops. As Jasonn mentioned above, i really had to stick them inorder to followup on the parts to make sure they are on top of it. After a few phone calls/pms speaking with both Long Tran and Robin, i had reconfirmed with them on MULTIPLE occasions how i wanted my diffuser to be painted etc. ( i did this intentionally to drill that in their heads incase they comback and say I never said this and that). I even sent them a picture detailing what i wanted it done.

After about two and a half weeks just around the painting phase, i get a PM from Long stating " There has been a mistake, please contact me". In my mind, i was like.. Oh Boy..., rang him up as soon as i read the message and he tells me the price he quoted me was for an Mtech bumper + the STANDARD LCI diffuser, which is essentially the same as the pre-lci diffuser and that i had to pay an additional $300 if i wanted the IS one. At that point i was extremely heated, but i kept my cool. I explained to him that i had confirmed on multiple occasions both PM and Robin himself via phone at least 3x. But Long said if he had taken the original quoted price, he would be taking a loss and was very adament about it.

I could go on about how our conversation went but by reading that top bit im sure you get the jist of it. The entire transaction left a bitter taste in my mouth and i will most likely NOT do any business with them in the future. How can a vendor be considered "reputable" by running shady businesses like this? Im sure he has helped many people, especially locals but his online or out of state business transactions needs work.
Hey, I'm sorry but this is the first time I am seeing this,I am not sure who you are but Robben has left LTMW for quite sometime.

If we misquoted you, I apologize. But did you expect us to take a lost because it was mis-quouted? When I do mis-quote, I always try to make it up to make our customers happy. So what was it that we did that left a bitter taste in your mouth? what did we do to deserve to be call shady? I did not steal or do any fraudulent act to you or anyone. it was just simply, a mis-quote on our behalf.

I am not going to deny I do have somewhat of an issue with communication at the shop. I think I took on more than I can handle, and I understand this now. This transition has been tough. Even till this day, my pricing has remained fairly the same as it was 6 years ago. I guess the only difference now is me having a family. I am not using that as an excuse, but my family is my priority. As you guys know I am not online as often as I use to be. I wish I can duplicate more of myself to satisfy everyone.

I do appreciate this thread, I believe in constructive criticism. This will only help us improve on our services and know what we need to improve in order to be a better company. I am still the same guy from my garage.
I am still growing. I stand behind everything we do here. If there is an issue with anything please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks!

LTMW
5442 N. Peck Road
El Monte CA 91732
P. 626-452-8321
F. 626-452-8347
C. 626-975-3350
Email: Longtran@ltbmw.com
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I read a few other threads like this one. I'm pretty upset that someone would waste my time like this. I spent like $40 on phone cards out to see to call these guys. :/
What's your paypal? I will compensate that for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
I <3 LTMW. best group of guys ever and very solid work.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
I am so confused with your statement Johnson. bait and switch practices?30% mark up? I do not recall you buying anything from us here. We've performed a service of your car. If you believe us to be friends, why wasn't these issues addressed to me personally? And if you've come to the conclusion that my service was so bad, why did you bring in your GF's car for us to service as well? This is not the only time you've complained or brought up any negative statements. You've done this in the past, and to my knowledge we've cleared things up with you. I have never heard another complaint from you and now I see this? This came out of the blue, I am so confuse with you Johnson.
I did bring my GF's car to you. We were quoted $320 initially for both active head restraints including labor. When all was said and done, you asked for $500. I didn't argue.

I will always try to give you my business Long. I just don't like your forgetful memory. If I see a thread and it resonates with me, I'll vent.

Quote:
Johnson, your car was repair amounted to $4237.34. That was how much it was going to cost to fix your rear bumper, quarter panel, side skirt, and rear passenger door. Being the "friend" that I am, I offered to fix your front passenger fender, repaint your front passenger fender and repair your curb rash on your wheels in addition with the other work at no extra charge. Your car was here for three weeks. I know I had previously promised you two weeks, but my body guy forgot to repair your front fender. The car was done in 2 weeks, but he had only followed the repair order on the insurance claim and not the addition work. It was my fault for not mentioning to him to repair the fender as well. I offered to get you a rental, at my expense, and I tried to accommodate with you on your schedule. I even offered to meet you on sunday, which was what we did.
Long, the curb rash is still there. You forgot to do it and told me to drive on a work day to meet with Son Tran. I work in Studio City. I live in Glendale. I can't run around like that any more. If I could, I would.

My car was there for over four weeks.

To be clear, RE the extra work, this was all pre-negotiated when I brought the car in: I asked if you could do it and you said you could. It was not tossed in later as kind gesture. I even wrote an email memorializing my request, knowing your hectic schedule and the resulting spotty memory from having so much to do.

I had made my agreement with you and negotiated the terms, to which you agreed. How you execute and perform is not my business. Your miscommunication with your body guy or lack of follow-up is reflection of your business practice and has nothing to do with our agreement.

Quote:
I helped you fix your navigation at no charge, and this service is an inconvenience you? You are complaining about free work? With such time constraints I understand how crucial it is to make appointments. I did my best to make it work for you. If I had known you were that busy and required the car then, I would've had the car towed to you immediately.
My car went in with no navigation issues. I turned on the car at your lot for the first time and the navigation did not work. I guess we must write this off as bad timing and coincidence.

Quote:
Johnson, you do not maintain your car at all anymore which shocks me. Your car came in dirty as hell. The only thing you care about in your interior is your steering wheel. You have a cover for it. We never took that off. I apologize for my detailer and the way he handled detail. I had no idea you didn't want shiny interior. That is how my detailer does it. I am sorry.
Long, I made this clear to you many times. I know you will say this is the first time you are hearing about it but I know to memorialize everything in writing next time.

Quote:
]Johnson, are you blaming us for the misfire and the long crank as well? For your oil filter leaking oil, I have already told you this over the phone. It is not the cap that is leaking, it is your oil filter housing that was leaking. How can a cap be installed wrong? If it was installed wrong, the threads would be crossed and the cap would serve useless. I have asked you to bring it to me for evaluation. You've never brought it by. I even told you, if we did it wrong and caused this issue, I would cover it 100%. I know you have a busy schedule, but you know me, I am here from 9am-8pm. I would have met you at your house if you wanted to. The dealer is not there to be your friend.
I don't know what to say. I am sure you know your stuff. I don't have time to investigate. I don't have time to drive to El Monte for a follow up. I only know what the SA tells me. Pacific BMW is less than 2 minutes from where I live in Glendale. I live right by Harvard and Brand; Pacific BMW is just two minutes south on Brand.

If I spoke to you, I'm sure you expect me to drive 30+ miles to El Monte, wait another 3-4 hours in the lobby twiddling my thumbs and drive another 30+ miles back. That I am willing to go to a stealership should signify how little time I have.

Quote:
You still say we are friends but yet you do not speak up. How am I suppose to know what to do?

It's not too much work to speak up. If you don't speak up, I have assume everything is ok.
I do speak up. When you quote me a price and later I tell you its different, you give me a funny look like I'm crazy and you tell me that you would never give out a price like that because it's below your cost.

When I tell you there is a problem you tell me that you don't believe me.

I would have held all this in, but I read this thread and it just reminded me of everything and I wrote it all down to let it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I guess I should be clear that this issue I have with LTMW is only with Long.

I have never had this issue with Rene (who did virtually all of my interior work in 2011 and returned it in pristine condition) or Ivan (who I don't think has really worked on my car personally but is always concerned and extremely courteous).

We all want Long to succeed but this forgetfulness and price switching really has to stop.

Time passes and I get over things so I always go back to LTMW because I would prefer to give Long business over others' but then the delays, the price changing, this and that--it boils the blood again.

Or maybe start giving written quotes to people.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I did bring my GF's car to you. We were quoted $320 initially for both active head restraints including labor. When all was said and done, you asked for $500. I didn't argue.

I will always try to give you my business Long. I just don't like your forgetful memory. If I see a thread and it resonates with me, I'll vent.

Long, the curb rash is still there. You forgot to do it and told me to drive on a work day to meet with Son Tran. I work in Studio City. I live in Glendale. I can't run around like that any more. If I could, I would.

My car was there for over four weeks.

To be clear, RE the extra work, this was all pre-negotiated when I brought the car in: I asked if you could do it and you said you could. It was not tossed in later as kind gesture. I even wrote an email memorializing my request, knowing your hectic schedule and the resulting spotty memory from having so much to do.

I had made my agreement with you and negotiated the terms, to which you agreed. How you execute and perform is not my business. Your miscommunication with your body guy or lack of follow-up is reflection of your business practice and has nothing to do with our agreement.

My car went in with no navigation issues. I turned on the car at your lot for the first time and the navigation did not work. I guess we must write this off as bad timing and coincidence.

Long, I made this clear to you many times. I know you will say this is the first time you are hearing about it but I know to memorialize everything in writing next time.

I don't know what to say. I am sure you know your stuff. I don't have time to investigate. I don't have time to drive to El Monte for a follow up. I only know what the SA tells me. Pacific BMW is less than 2 minutes from where I live in Glendale. I live right by Harvard and Brand; Pacific BMW is just two minutes south on Brand.

If I spoke to you, I'm sure you expect me to drive 30+ miles to El Monte, wait another 3-4 hours in the lobby twiddling my thumbs and drive another 30+ miles back. That I am willing to go to a stealership should signify how little time I have.

I do speak up. When you quote me a price and later I tell you its different, you give me a funny look like I'm crazy and you tell me that you would never give out a price like that because it's below your cost.

When I tell you there is a problem you tell me that you don't believe me.

I would have held all this in, but I read this thread and it just reminded me of everything and I wrote it all down to let it out.
Quote:
I guess I should be clear that this issue I have with LTMW is only with Long.

I have never had this issue with Rene (who did virtually all of my interior work in 2011 and returned it in pristine condition) or Ivan (who I don't think has really worked on my car personally but is always concerned and extremely courteous).

We all want Long to succeed but this forgetfulness and price switching really has to stop.

Time passes and I get over things so I always go back to LTMW because I would prefer to give Long business over others' but then the delays, the price changing, this and that--it boils the blood again.

Or maybe start giving written quotes to people.
I'm not going to lie, I do have a horrible memory. If you know be by now, that should be expected.

On the wheel repair, I can loan you a set of wheels while your wheels are getting repair. In fact, I can drive to you and swap it on the spot and do the same when I get it back from repair. You just let me know when is good for you.

You upgraded your navigation to the CIC. Yes it was working when it came in, but the accident was not part of the CIC and we did not touch any electrical. It was a coincidence it went out, but I had a feeling you blame me for it. So if a guy came in and got an oil change and his turbo blew, is that my fault?

A while back I was thinking about doing written estimate. Maybe it is time to do it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Alright, well as you can see I got involved in an accident again. If ok with you, I'd like to drop it off this Saturday.

I'd like a performance bumper like Pak has or maybe you can suggest something new.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418562

Also please use this time to repair the wheel and the right turn signal.

Whatever the final price is just make sure insurance will cover your labor and costs. Or let me know the alternative.

I'm sure we will speak soon. Let's get this in writing and I look forward to updating this thread with positive results.

Thanks Long.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, I do have a horrible memory. If you know be by now, that should be expected.

On the wheel repair, I can loan you a set of wheels while your wheels are getting repair. In fact, I can drive to you and swap it on the spot and do the same when I get it back from repair. You just let me know when is good for you.

You upgraded your navigation to the CIC. Yes it was working when it came in, but the accident was not part of the CIC and we did not touch any electrical. It was a coincidence it went out, but I had a feeling you blame me for it. So if a guy came in and got an oil change and his turbo blew, is that my fault?

A while back I was thinking about doing written estimate. Maybe it is time to do it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gunner, I quoted you $400 for the fenders in addition with the filled in side vents. You've previously inquired about fenders similar to Creaminz. His fenders were filled in. As we've discussed, Tischer has the fenders listed for $391.08 each without the filled in vents. Hence, the $400 quote for filled in vents. If you want the fender without the filled in vents I would be more than happy to offer them at $350, which is cheaper than Tischer.

Any time we communicated, it was always the same questions. "What do I need? How do I do this? How do I do that?" I know you are trying to save money by doing it yourself, many people do it, but I have a shop to run here. I cannot guide you through the entire process. I am sorry.

[B]I am not going to deny I do have somewhat of an issue with communication at the shop. I think I took on more than I can handle, and I understand this now. This transition has been tough. Even till this day, my pricing has remained fairly the same as it was 6 years ago. I guess the only difference now is me having a family. I am not using that as an excuse, but my family is my priority. As you guys know I am not online as often as I use to be. I wish I can duplicate more of myself to satisfy everyone.

I do appreciate this thread, I believe in constructive criticism. This will only help us improve on our services and know what we need to improve in order to be a better company. I am still the same guy from my garage.
I am still growing. I stand behind everything we do here. If there is an issue with anything please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks!

Look, Long, I want to do business with you guys, but there are some things that need to be cleared up. I was told from the woman on the phone the LAST time that I called that it was to be "$400 a fender" and that was it. I told Phillip the last time I called I wanted OEM Fenders, Nothing about fill-ins, etc. I just want to get this straight. Thanks for replying man. And I couldn't ask you to reimburse me for phone cards, although I do appreciate the offer man. Thank you!

Also, I'm not upset if you weren't able to answer any of my technical questions, as you said, I understand that you do have a shop and you have a job to do and have limited time, I was just upset that you were never there or didn't have time to reply back.

You're saying $350a fender? I'll take that deal! But I'll have to order as soon as I get back in the states as I have just spent money on ordering other parts yesterday.

I was confused at how much Tischer's prices are the last time I had checked, they were $278.00. That's why I was confused, but I'm glad I'm now aware of what's going on. Thank you and I'll be in touch with you soon!

EDIT: I saw your second post. I completely understand, and I look forward to doing business with you soon!

-Ian

Last edited by Tim M; 11-02-2012 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
cable96
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: threethreefive

Quote:
Hey, I'm sorry but this is the first time I am seeing this,I am not sure who you are but Robben has left LTMW for quite sometime.

If we misquoted you, I apologize. But did you expect us to take a lost because it was mis-quouted? When I do mis-quote, I always try to make it up to make our customers happy. So what was it that we did that left a bitter taste in your mouth? what did we do to deserve to be call shady? I did not steal or do any fraudulent act to you or anyone. it was just simply, a mis-quote on our behalf.

I am not going to deny I do have somewhat of an issue with communication at the shop. I think I took on more than I can handle, and I understand this now. This transition has been tough. Even till this day, my pricing has remained fairly the same as it was 6 years ago. I guess the only difference now is me having a family. I am not using that as an excuse, but my family is my priority. As you guys know I am not online as often as I use to be. I wish I can duplicate more of myself to satisfy everyone.

Thanks!
I am going to break up the following bit you stated above and answer it accordingly (in no particular order) to make it clear for everyone.

"But did you expect us to take a lost because it was mis-quouted? When I do mis-quote, I always try to make it up to make our customers happy. So what was it that we did that left a bitter taste in your mouth? what did we do to deserve to be call shady? I did not steal or do any fraudulent act to you or anyone. it was just simply, a mis-quote on our behalf. "

"So what was it that we did that left a bitter taste in your mouth?"

When I placed my order with you via PM, I was very detailed to a point where a toddler could identify the difference between an IS diffuser and the standard mtech diffuser. I even included my order detail in the comment section of paypal when sending my payment.

And for the record, this was one of our PM's where i included a few part#'s.

"Good Morning,

I just sent you the payment for my orders, details listed in paypal as follows:

Payment confirm for the following:

1) OEM BMW E92 LCI Rear M Sport / IS Bumper Kit /w PDC including ALL parts painted Space Gray

2) LCI IS Diffuser attachments painted in Gloss black (Part #'s: 51128041192, 51122167219, 51122158793)

3) M3 Side Skirts (non M) painted in Space Gray

Please let me know when you have recieved payment and the ETA of my order.

Just to clarify on "2)" from the list, i would still like the 335is diffuser to be painted in Space Gray, just like this (http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1279496998) but have those four matte black pieces painted in gloss black instead, parts listed above.

Thanks LTBMW"

Was that not clear enough for you to distinquish between the two before processing my order?

Furthermore I took it upon myself to call in and re-verify everything on MULTIPLE occasions within the 3.5 weeks it took you to process it. I spoke to you 2x and Robben 3x. We verified that i would be getting everything stated above with NO mixups and painted exactly as the picture, where you guys verbally agreed to.

To then call me back after waiting 2.5 weeks saying "Hey Joseph, there is a mistake here. please call me at 626-452-8321". the bitterness is strong with this transaction.

"If we misquoted you, I apologize. But did you expect us to take a lost because it was mis-quouted? I always try to make it up to make our customers happy"

No i dont expect you to take a loss, no one wants to take a loss, thats understandable. But dude cmon, makes things right in someway? Show some effort at least?

After calling you back, you offered me what i had originally ordered for a markup of $400 because of your mistake. Moreover the both of us reviewed the new price and compared it on Tischer's, theirs wouldve came out about $200 cheaper painted and shipped. Now common sense here, why would anyone go through with your order if they could get it done at another vendor for cheaper? You stated that you couldnt even match their prices since they offered it as their own "package" and you had to order the parts individually. Be that as it may, its sure a poor attempt at making a customer happy. If you had originally quoted me at your mistaken price, i would have said thanks but no thanks before ever going forward.

And finally as your coup de gras. "So do you still want it or not, it's about to get painted?"

"I did not steal or do any fraudulent act to you or anyone. it was just simply, a mis-quote on our behalf."

No you didnt steal, id say almost fraudulent if your business was actually similar to a bank. and NO, this wasnt SIMPLY a mis-quote on your behalf. You totally disregarded your customer, took their money then did your due diligence when things didnt add up for you.

what did we do to deserve to be call shady?

Your business practice for out of state customers is shoddy, you do not have any focus on customer service & your more focused on not taking a loss than doing whats right and putting your customers first until AFTER the fact.

Last edited by cable96; 11-09-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
Metro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 ///M3

Quote:
Wierd, what ship are you on that charges $2/min? (Previously you said you spent $20 for 10 minutes) Typically the $20 phone cards are good for 40+ minutes depending on AOR.

There were a couple glitches with my install at LTMW also, but the guys have really worked hard to ensure that everything was taken care of properly - to include LT offering to drive 3+ hours to my house in order to see things corrected properly!
      04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

I had LTBMW install my short shifter by LT himself. Great work.

But all of you, I am super surprised you guys take all your insurance claims and work to him.

First, it doesn't take a rocket genius to know that LTBMW is and used to be a one-man shop. It isn't a big company repair shop like Spectrum Collision or other repair shops. It doesn't have expensive ASE certified master techs and body repair. So I bet most of the work as evident by LT himself is contracted out to 3rd party contractors. { Body, paint, detailing work , etc}

Now the responsibility lies in YOU to understand that with the way it is run here, you are likely to get into a Lot of problems or delay so that's to be expected. LTBMW started as a one-man enthusiast shop. It ain't a pep boys or Firestone. So it doesn't have that immediate customer service u can pick up the phone and yell at.

Again, like I said I'm real surprised you guys took your cars for collision repair to them. If insurance was paying me, I would take it to the most expensive and quality BMW certified collision repair shop. This would be Spectrum Collision or somewhere else. If they fuck up, their margins are so high they'd be willing to redo the work to your satisfaction.

Bottom line, don't go into Jack in the Box and expect a decently cooked Filet mignon because they just won't have it. Even if you offered to pay $35 they still won't be able to offer you the proper filet mignon like Ruth Chris'.
Appreciate 0