E90Post
 


Alpine HID
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: $150* OSS Style Angel Eyes W/ full black out



Comment
 
Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
sammy_0559's Avatar DIY: $150* OSS Style Angel Eyes W/ full black out
.
sammy_0559
09-26-2012
  #22  
By GChase on 10-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
40%40%40%
2
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
60%60%60%
3
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i View Post
Did an e90 for a friend of mine a couple weeks ago. Used 105 and 115mm. Fit perfect. Sorry I didn't take any close up pics. Now time to open up my LCI e90 and see wht size the ring is around the cornering lamps!
Yeah mine's an e90 LCI also. Let me know what sizes you use. And how did you go about opening the headlights up? I heard you can only bake the e92, and me + a heat gun = bad results
Reply With Quote
  #23  
By e90TiAg335i on 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Yeah mine's an e90 LCI also. Let me know what sizes you use. And how did you go about opening the headlights up? I heard you can only bake the e92, and me + a heat gun = bad results
It'll most likely be next month before I get to it. You do have to use a heat gun and pry them open on e90s.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
By kpjo4 on 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
GJ SAMMY!! nice writeup
Reply With Quote
  #25  
By Phil325 on 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
40%40%40%
2
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
80%80%80%
4
Average 60%
great use of your bio book hahaha i have the same one sitting in a closet somewhere
Reply With Quote
  #26  
By 335iaz on 10-24-2012, 02:22 PM
What ever happens if they burn out!?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
By Motastic on 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Reply With Quote
  #28  
By spiike32 on 10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Good job and I'm glad it turned out ok. Your plexiglass solution looks great for the mount. Did you buy that silver cylinder? I never saw that when I opened up my headlights.

Everyone just be careful when using VHT tint spray on the turn signal because if it doesn't dry evening it looks like crap. Main reason why I just deleted the reflector cover all together as you can see below.

Reply With Quote
  #29  
By sammy_0559 on 10-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
Good job and I'm glad it turned out ok. Your plexiglass solution looks great for the mount. Did you buy that silver cylinder? I never saw that when I opened up my headlights.

Everyone just be careful when using VHT tint spray on the turn signal because if it doesn't dry evening it looks like crap. Main reason why I just deleted the reflector cover all together as you can see below.

thanks for the reply! and thank you for pics of your DIY you really helped make this thing happen!

and

WHat silver cylinder? lol
Reply With Quote
  #30  
By Josh1a1h on 10-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
I think the silver cylinder he was rendering too was to prevent the bulb failure come on.

Spike! That reflector delete looks really good surprisingly!!! I think this is the best way around it.

What bulb is used in the turn signal so I can change mine for a mirrored one instead of a yellow one.

Cheers for the idea... Have you got any other shots of your lights frm other angles?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
By spiike32 on 11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
I was referring to this little guy:


Here is a link to my album if anyone wants to reference some install pics.
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...32/Headlights/

You can get mirrored bulbs at any autobody shop since they're relatively common.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
By Josh1a1h on 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Why is your new 2.0 thread no longer,working?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
By sammy_0559 on 11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Why is your new 2.0 thread no longer,working?
Almost got banned.. :/ a lot of threads got taken down thank god this one is still up.
i will become a vendor pretty soon. and more info will be up

sorry guys

im guessing one of the b**t hurt vendors were about to go out of business... so they reported me. anyways. no worries will become a vendor soon and I'm here for the community
Reply With Quote
  #34  
By sammy_0559 on 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
I was referring to this little guy:


Here is a link to my album if anyone wants to reference some install pics.
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...32/Headlights/

You can get mirrored bulbs at any autobody shop since they're relatively common.
that thing is for the error codes if you plug the angels directly to the power you will throw a code but if its through this no code
Reply With Quote
  #35  
By Josh1a1h on 11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Why do you need to become a vendor to write a DIY? The majority of Bimmer owners would never rip their own lights apart.

There are many DIYs on pulling your lights apart, just because yours involved RGB LED angels?

Thanks for trying to help the community, it is a shame that e90post are being stubborn.

You have PM bud.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
By sammy_0559 on 11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Why do you need to become a vendor to write a DIY? The majority of Bimmer owners would never rip their own lights apart.

There are many DIYs on pulling your lights apart, just because yours involved RGB LED angels?

Thanks for trying to help the community, it is a shame that e90post are being stubborn.

You have PM bud.
i think it was mainly because i offerd to do them for labor costs, and i did a little G**up b*y that i organized regionally. but no worries will become a vendor soon but i will still put up DIYs for everything i do i will never profit of a product i show, i will only make my labor
Reply With Quote
  #37  
By lai_zai on 11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
GOOD >>>Perfect
Reply With Quote
  #38  
By Casca on 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
OP, maybe you can try making your own cast of the reflector in clear or with resin already tinted. It isn't too hard to do and if you're planning on doing other people's lights, then even better since making the mold is half the work and most of the cost

Bought everything at Tap Plastic since they're down the road from me. Paid $100, but have enough to do 4 to 8 molds depending how close you wanna cut it and a ton of castings. This was for my other car (Ford). I made a mold of the orange reflector and then casted it in clear. It was actually a pretty fun project to do.



Basically, I made a box big enough to hold the reflector and mould. I press clay on the bottem of the box, put my reflector on top of the clay and seal around the reflector with the clay to form one side of the mould. I then pour the mix for the mould on top of the reflector. Let it completely set for a day or so....forget how long. Once set, I remove the clay from the other side and rebuild the box if needed. And then make a moulding of the other half of the reflector.



Once both halves of the mould is done, I fill up a half of the mould with my clear cast mix and enclose it with the other half. Let it set and now I have clear reflectors.




Last edited by Casca; 12-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
By QBimmer on 11-05-2012, 11:05 PM
This is amazing, put me down for these when u get started up!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
By phillye30fanboy on 11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
if one LED in those rings go's out, you'll probably want to die. well atleast it would kill me to have done all that work and have to look at that one LED out.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
By sammy_0559 on 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillye30fanboy View Post
if one LED in those rings go's out, you'll probably want to die. well atleast it would kill me to have done all that work and have to look at that one LED out.
why do u say that?
We shall see how they hold up i will put them on my car for 3 months. lets hope for the best.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
By e90TiAg335i on 11-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
why do u say that?
We shall see how they hold up i will put them on my car for 3 months. lets hope for the best.
ll unfotunately the ones I installed for a friend has half of one of them dead. Now we'll see how things gor with the seller and how much of a pain it is to fix.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
By sammy_0559 on 11-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90TiAg335i View Post
ll unfotunately the ones I installed for a friend has half of one of them dead. Now we'll see how things gor with the seller and how much of a pain it is to fix.
were they the same kind?
Reply With Quote
Comment

Bookmarks

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST