E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BMW Drivers Political Views

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Mitt Romney 147 47.12%
Barack Obama 165 52.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #67
AndreyT
Captain

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozhdbog
More Obama supporters than I expected.
Wait until E90Post members get home from work.
Last time I checked, "shaping" public opinion by reposting decades old pro-GOP chain letters in Internet forums and skewing polls was the primary daytime occupation by the party faithful. This is actually the primary reason why the current Obama's lead in this poll is so surprising.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
      11-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #68
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazylegs View Post
NO-Bama! 4 years and nothing to show for it, if your undecided you really want to wait another 4 years to decide? I say if your unhappy, worse off than 4 years ago and nothings getting better than it is indeed time for change.
NOTHING??!!
Bin Laden, One war ended, Saved car industry, Economy not great but FAAAARRR from the brink of bankruptcy. Medical care access for everyone (optional), World recognition back, NO attack on US soil or major attack outside, Job creation movin positive way (far from being fixed, but far from where it was in 2006... Wasteful spending cut, and investment focus on Education and new sources of energy (feeling of less dependency on oil and moving that way), So much more...

What did W do in 8 years for you and me (middle class)?
      11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #69
AndyR83
Major

Drives: E92 335i FBO

If Romney doesn't win I'm thinking of moving to Canada.
      11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #70
sammk
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Why do I get a strange feeling this is headed for a threadlock...
      11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #71
sammk
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
NOTHING??!!
Bin Laden, One war ended, Saved car industry, Economy not great but FAAAARRR from the brink of bankruptcy. Medical care access for everyone (optional), World recognition back, NO attack on US soil or major attack outside, Job creation movin positive way (far from being fixed, but far from where it was in 2006... Wasteful spending cut, and investment focus on Education and new sources of energy (feeling of less dependency on oil and moving that way), So much more...

+1

An IMF report on the state of the US and world economy from 10 days back actually lauded a strong administration and Fed for putting the US economy in growth mode, a trend that will continue for the foreseeable future irrespective of who makes it to the White House. It also said that Ben Bernanke is a rock star and Europe is putting in place the exact measures that he took recently. Coincidentally, Romney has vowed to replace Bernanke should he get elected. Which worries me and sets all my alarms going. This guys claims to know Economics, yet wants to try out drastic experiments.. Classic example of his extremist tendencies, as noted earlier.

But I digress.. Fact is, the economy is alive and well. Fact is, jobs are getting added at an increasing pace (raw unemployment % didn't move but the economy added 171,000 new jobs in September). Fact is, more and more specialized and high-paying jobs are getting added. Fact is, businesses and the stock market are doing well and most folks' 401Ks saw double-digit growth in the past year. Fact is, home buying is up and prices are rising steadily nationwide. Fact is, gas prices have risen to reasonable levels (indicating a healthy demand) and leveled off nicely.. And there's plenty more.

All this said, I'm not even sure if the premise behind Romeny's campaign (Change) is a valid one anymore or if it exists anymore. He seems more and more like a pseudo-change candidate that no one wanted to begin with...
      11-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #72
StealYourFace
Major

Drives: 2006 330i sport

Mittens wants a law declaring that overseas profits made by American companies that are currently tax-deferred, instead be tax-free, forever.

How woundn't any critical thinking person find this problematic for our nations revenue and job growth?
      11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #73
sammk
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
I'm not American but I would vote for Obama. I just don't like Romney at all. I get the impression from him that he has a real nasty side. I wouldn't be able to trust him one bit..
Yeah, you're not alone.. Millions of people feel the same way. Mutt Romney's tried to remedy it by wearing ill-fitting jeans and ugly checkered shirts, and using the word 'Folks' frequently to come through as likeable.. Looks like some people are buying it, from the surge in pre-election polls.
      11-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #74
Dozhdbog
Major

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Is this poll happening in the M, 5, 6, or 7 series forums? I bet the numbers skew Romney there, at least.
      11-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #75
Laguna Seca Blue
Captain

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozhdbog View Post
Is this poll happening in the M, 5, 6, or 7 series forums? I bet the numbers skew Romney there, at least.
Haha considering so many of us have efficient dynamics N54 & N55 engines, we're obviously just a massive bunch of hippies here!

Not the guys that have catless downpipes though, you guys must be Romney supporters
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Laguna Seca Blue is offline   United_States
      11-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #76
AndreyT
Captain

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
Why do I get a strange feeling this is headed for a threadlock...
This thread is headed for threadlock mostly because the lion's share of posts here are mere announcements that certain posters "get a strange feeling this is headed for a threadlock".

Yeah, yeah, we all got it already. This thread is headed for a threadlock. Please, stop telling us this again and again.
AndreyT is offline   United_States
      11-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #77
AWil335i
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
No matter the outcome, the economy will continue to improve over the next 4 years and whomever the President is will receive all the credit. I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama and take my chances after that, than 8 years of Romney.
      11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #78
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General

Drives: metrocard

Lets get one thing straight right away....
Anyone who thought that the country would be up and running like the Clinton days after y just one term, is grossly uninformed, insanely delirious, or has one hell of an imagination.

Here is my motive for casting my vote....
I believe in progression, and I simply do not see that with Romney at the helm of this country. It's plain and simple. People here talk about how this is the greatest country in the world and how we are a prime example of how the world should be run. Sorry, that's a load of bull. News flash: this isn't the greatest country in the world. In fact, our education numbers say we're far from it.
Thinking in retrospect of how bad this country really became, and how we were viewed by other countries really made me feel pretty low about being an American. Yup. I said it. And I feel terrible because I know how many members on here have served for us and risked there lives for us. The last thing they should think is that it was all for nothing.
However, all the numbers, be it jobs, real estate, growth- everything is going in the right direction.
As I said, I believe in progression. I believe science and education should be two of the top priorities because with it, we get jobs. Maybe not as many in existing fields, but in new fields, created because of that very same education and science.
I feel that ( not republicans in general but) conservatives are dangerous to the country. They do not believe in progression. I'm sorry but electing a black man in 2008 to run the United States of America was probably the most progressive thing this country has seen in a long time. And the crazy thing is, now when we have the opportunity to give him another 4 years to keep doing what he is doing, the numbers show he is actually doing a pretty good job.
The way is see it is this: he may not have gotten done everything that he said was going to get done, but with everything going in the right direction, pulling the plug now would be a waste to what has been done so far.
Anyone who thought that the country would be up and running like the Clinton days after just one term, is grossly uninformed, insanely delirious, or has one hell of an imagination.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
      11-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #79
fireline43
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Im at the point where I want this country to become as weak as possible and get taken over by someone else. No one has patriotism in this country, its disgusting. Wipe it and start over.
No one wants war, no one wants to stand up for our ideals, no one wants to tell other countries that they need to check themselves. Im not proud at all to be an American.
      11-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #80
jeremicium
Captain

Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Garage List
I'd be interested to see if there is a trend how people that lease are voting vs. people that buy.

I agree with the Ron Paul supporters. Some of his positions were a bit over the top. But he was certainly consistent. He was the only one advocating real change. And the way the media dismissed him was a travesty.

Mostly i am watching the Obama supporters that think he is the Messiah, and the Obama haters that think he is the anti Christ. Being in the military I am concerned with Obama's lack of commitment to leaving us in a position to meet emerging threats...but i also don't think we need to just throw more money at defense spending like Romney wants.

Obama has been Pretty moderate across the board, i strongly disagree with some of his positions, others i agree with. I feel the same about Romney. If you hate everything that one candidate stands for...you're just refusing to be objective.

All that said, I'm very slightly leaning towards the Obama box...just to see where he takes us. If Mitt wins though, i'll be just fine with that. Two sides of the same coin in my book.
      11-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #81
sammk
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
This thread is headed for threadlock mostly because the lion's share of posts here are mere announcements that certain posters "get a strange feeling this is headed for a threadlock".

Yeah, yeah, we all got it already. This thread is headed for a threadlock. Please, stop telling us this again and again.
ok, ok.. I get it..
      11-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
Otruba_843
Major

Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
If Romney doesn't win I'm thinking of moving to Canada.
Canada's healthcare system is even worse then Obama-care although its on its way to be just as bad. Both my parents were doctors and man are they pissed to what Obama has done to them. He threw them under the bus just like all of his family except his Dad who abandoned him and for some strange reason is still wanting his approval.
      11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #83
BrazilianBimmer
Captain

Drives: Black e90 325i

Good to see Obama is winning. It is just as it will be.
      11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #84
sammk
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Wait until E90Post members get home from work.
Lot of Mutt Romney supporters working the late shift tonight..???

11-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #85
Amini77
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM E90 330xi

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
NOTHING??!!

Bin Laden? Okey first of all, all you democrat pansies were begging to pull out of the mid east and as soon as...obama?...kills Bin Laden he's a hero? I'm sorry I didn't see him get off his skinny ass to kill him.

HAHAHA the car industry..my favorite. He didn't save shit, what he did was take an ass load of tax payers money and threw it at GM and made it look like he fixed it. Look at it this way..say GM is a spoiled wife who loves to spend tons of money and when that wife runs out of money she's dying or whatever you want to imagine, now the husband (Obama) is going to go his friends (YOU GUYS!) and borrow a shit ton of money to throw it at the wife til she runs out again. So he didn't fix anything..he patched it up..stuck some gun under a sinking boat.

Economy is worse then Bush era..evident and don't say he took over a sinking boat, he had 4 years to at least improve it a little but no he'd rather waste money and make it worse.

World recognition? of what? Yea everyone realizes (especially the arab world) how weak obama is. trust me i speak from first hand.

Really? NO attack of US soil? Where were you when they attacked our embassys? And obama didn't make the call to fire back? or when he APOLOGIZED to the attackers saying it was a "demonstration" about the 2016 movie..what a load of shit, it was on 9.11 and he says sorry? Even if he really does believe it was because of the 2016 movie he's really going to apologize for freedom of speech? Pathetic.

Job creation..now thats where he's got the wrong idea. There's a HUGE difference between government jobs and the average mans job. Government jobs do not help the economy expand, it results in higher taxes because thats how gov. workers get paid and in the end less consumer spending because of high taxes for paying for the gov. workers. And if you bothered opening your eyes and listening to Romney's plan, its logical. Not going in detail but you should look it up somewhere outside of CNN or the popular media.

Wasteful spending cut? Ever heard of Solyndra? How he wasted billions in a bullshit company that was just there to repay him? Enough said on that.

An investment on education.. or teacher's union? Swear bro are you pulling these 'examples' out your ass?

And about the middle class..obamas plan is going to backfire onto the middle class as much as you don't want to believe it but if he gets elected IT WILL backfire onto the middle class. Actually a great example is obamacare..everyone thinks that the rich is going to pay the taxes on everything well sorry to tell you even though they have money to spend..less then 5% of the US are rich and that certainly isn't enough to support the entire population and who is that going to fall back on? oh, the middle class right. Any scenario you have, the middle class is going to be screwed because of this guy.

Now Romney he's going to give business owners a better opportunity to expand, not tax them less which is a common misconception, but not tax them more which Obama wants to do. What we need are more jobs and business owners are 99% likely going to start cutting back if they get taxed more. In addition the government should be a bit smaller and not so in the face of businesses like it is now. The economy fixes itself without the government which is something our sad to say president doesn't understand.

Even if you disagree with Romney why would you even consider Obama? have you not seen enough out of him already? The man's a liar
Amini77 is offline   United_States
      11-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #86
Dozhdbog
Major

Drives: 2011 335i Sedan

Good work, amini, that rant should get this thread locked for sure.
      11-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #87
nemith
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 14 BMW 335xi M-Sport EBII

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Being born and raised in the Deep South ..... It's a no brainer

^-- Quite literally
      11-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #88
nemith
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 14 BMW 335xi M-Sport EBII

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Bin Laden? Okey first of all, all you democrat pansies were begging to pull out of the mid east and as soon as...obama?...kills Bin Laden he's a hero? I'm sorry I didn't see him get off his skinny ass to kill him.

Agreed. Killing someone on foreign soil without any due process is not something to be proud of, but again Romney also stands behind this decision.

Quote:
HAHAHA the car industry..my favorite. He didn't save shit, what he did was take an ass load of tax payers money and threw it at GM and made it look like he fixed it. Look at it this way..say GM is a spoiled wife who loves to spend tons of money and when that wife runs out of money she's dying or whatever you want to imagine, now the husband (Obama) is going to go his friends (YOU GUYS!) and borrow a shit ton of money to throw it at the wife til she runs out again. So he didn't fix anything..he patched it up..stuck some gun under a sinking boat.
Well depending on the week even Romney agrees with this move. It's not a very polarity point. It is really tough to say what would happen without the auto bailout. Although I agree that goverment interaction should be limited it really does look like the American auto makers have actually improved their cars (although I will keep my BMW thank you very much)

Quote:
Economy is worse then Bush era..evident and don't say he took over a sinking boat, he had 4 years to at least improve it a little but no he'd rather waste money and make it worse.
The economy is better than when Obama went into office. It's apparently quite easy to kill the economy in a very short time frame with little regulations and over expanded markets.

The one thing to note is that trickle down economics are not going to work and they haven't worked in the past. During the Bush era and even now we have the widest gap in-between the rich and poor. Statistics have proven that the US economy grows when this gap is smaller and there is a strong middle class. I keep hearing both candidates talk about it but with little plans to actually do anything about it.

What I do know is that some of the programs that Romney and Ryan are proposing are directly against growing the middle class and shrinking the income gap. Haven't we got the proof that giving tax cuts to the rich, giving more the the military complex ISN'T going to work. The rich will keep the income and still work on the lowest bottom line. That's just business sense, but that doesn't run a county.

FYI. Being that I make six figures (and not much more) qualifies me as the rich and I am ok with being taxed more. It's sad when ~130k a year qualifies you for the top 5% of income in the NATION while the average income is around 30k. There is something very fucked up about this.

Now not to say that I agree with over spending of money either. I with the GOP would give me a proper candidate and then I will start voting that direction

Quote:
World recognition? of what? Yea everyone realizes (especially the arab world) how weak obama is. trust me i speak from first hand.
Weak? You know how you get the world from putting a target on you. Start working with the world instead of acting like you own it. We funded the terrorist and trained them and gave them money in the 70s to fight russia for us. Now we act all surprised when then go after us.

Going in with a heavy fist is every little schirmish is not the way to improve our standing in the world. I do agree that we need to still maintain a world power but fighting pointless never ending wars only HURT the country and our economy. Give me a more civil president on foreign policy.

Quote:
Really? NO attack of US soil? Where were you when they attacked our embassys? And obama didn't make the call to fire back? or when he APOLOGIZED to the attackers saying it was a "demonstration" about the 2016 movie..what a load of shit, it was on 9.11 and he says sorry? Even if he really does believe it was because of the 2016 movie he's really going to apologize for freedom of speech? Pathetic.
So first of all there was no attack on any embassy. It was a foreign consulate so it doesn't count as us soil. Romney made this same mistake multiple times. It doesn't lessen the impact of the attack, but you can't go making claims about US soil when it's clearly not true.

Also the rumors of Obama apologizing is completely made up by the Romney campaign. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/rom...s-it-backward/

Remember that the majority of Libyans had nothing to do with the attack and that we are still working with and building

Quote:
Job creation..now thats where he's got the wrong idea. There's a HUGE difference between government jobs and the average mans job. Government jobs do not help the economy expand, it results in higher taxes because thats how gov. workers get paid and in the end less consumer spending because of high taxes for paying for the gov. workers. And if you bothered opening your eyes and listening to Romney's plan, its logical. Not going in detail but you should look it up somewhere outside of CNN or the popular media.
Well both Romney and Obama want to cut corporate taxes. Right now the US has one of the highest corporate tax, but there are so many loopholes and government programs that the realized corporate tax in some cases can be zero. Fixing this so that companies may look at the US for manufacturing and offices should be a priority. Neither candidate has step up here.

And there was a republican who was in office right after a little economic down turned called ...oh.. the Great Depression called Herber Hoover who inacted the Emergency Relief and Construction Act which was exactly to get americans back to work by working on government programs. So it has actually worked in the past (although the WWII also did help, but i wouldn't be recommending that)

Quote:
Wasteful spending cut? Ever heard of Solyndra? How he wasted billions in a bullshit company that was just there to repay him? Enough said on that.
I am not sure I follow this rant besides just being a parrot of the Romney campaign. Who got repaid?

In the companies that were invested actually only a slim number were not successful. Telsa is actually one that Romney tried to turn into a flop is actually very successful.

Now I do agree that this kind of spending and backing of companies is over extending the governments control. There are times like this that this that I wish I had another option.

The issue here is NOT Solyndra or any other company that is being invested in but the control and position of the federal government. Solyndra is just a buzz word to excite the morons who can't see beyond dramatized headlines.

Funny if you look into Romney's record as a business man making investments via Bain Capital there is a lot of examples that have failed as well. Now of course this isn't the issue.

Quote:
And about the middle class..obamas plan is going to backfire onto the middle class as much as you don't want to believe it but if he gets elected IT WILL backfire onto the middle class. Actually a great example is obamacare..everyone thinks that the rich is going to pay the taxes on everything well sorry to tell you even though they have money to spend..less then 5% of the US are rich and that certainly isn't enough to support the entire population and who is that going to fall back on? oh, the middle class right. Any scenario you have, the middle class is going to be screwed because of this guy.
Has anyone actually looked into what Obamacare is? Obamacare is not the same as UK or Canada where there is a single-payer system (i.e the government). Obama care is NOT government controlled socialized healthcare.

Healthcare is still private, companies and individuals still pay into healthcare.

Romney deployed the exact same model in Mass. and only now that he is a puppet of the GOP has he gone 100% of the offensive against it. Obamacare may not be perfect but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Healtcare is expensive. There is no cheap option in the US for healtcare and we have one of the best health systems in the world, but the fact that you can be denied health care due to pre-exisitng conditions is just wrong!

And healthcare only works if the number of health people out weigh the sick. So there needs to be a way to increase the pool of people who pay in. Now maybe you disagree with Obamacare, but I want a real answer to this instead of just "overturning".

In NO WAY does Obamacare mean that the wealthy pay for healthcare of the poor. Even in the older healthcare system WE already paid for coverage of those without insurance. The reason why health costs are so high is that hospitals, clinics, etc need to cover the bill for those who don't pay.

Quote:
Now Romney he's going to give business owners a better opportunity to expand, not tax them less which is a common misconception, but not tax them more which Obama wants to do. What we need are more jobs and business owners are 99% likely going to start cutting back if they get taxed more. In addition the government should be a bit smaller and not so in the face of businesses like it is now. The economy fixes itself without the government which is something our sad to say president doesn't understand.
I agree that we need to fix the tax system for businesses but taxing business owners are not the same as taxing a business. We need to find a way to boost the income of the lower and middle classes and so far the track record has shown that the wealthily just get wealthier under a trickle-down economy.

Now I 100% agree with you about the roll and reach of the _federal_ government and this is why I so badly want to be a republican. The problem is that the republican party has somehow aligned itself with the religious nut cases. What part of smaller federal government is the part were we define that a legal marriage is between a man and a woman. What part of less federal government influence talks about abortion and women's rights?

Quote:
Even if you disagree with Romney why would you even consider Obama? have you not seen enough out of him already? The man's a liar
Oh come on. Obama isn't a saint, but Romney has been proven multiple times this election about down right lying.

What about the latest gaff about Jeep moving to China? Jeep has had to debunk that myth multiple times and Romney is still trying to jam it down everyones throat.

Look at the debate in Colorado. Fact checkers have proven that most of what Romney had said was either a far stretch or a down right lie.

The fact is that I don't agree with either party and I wish I could have a change, but I truly believe that a Romney lead government would be detrimental to the United States. Some one tell the GOP to wake the fuck up and go back to true Republican fundamentals and I will vote for that person.
Closed Thread