E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BMW Drivers Political Views

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Mitt Romney 147 47.12%
Barack Obama 165 52.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

11-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #89
nemith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 14 BMW 335xi M-Sport EBII

Garage List
Also can anyone tell me why the majority of you assume that BMW owners are backers of Romney? I am not seeing the relation except that we tend to make a couple more bucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #90
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemith View Post
Also can anyone tell me why the majority of you assume that BMW owners are backers of Romney? I am not seeing the relation except that we tend to make a couple more bucks.
because most people associate money with people a Republican. I have a Democrat friend that I got in an arguement and couldn't understand why im Republican if I don't have money. Why wouldn't I want the government giving me money is exactly what they said. I can't respect a party who thinks like that.
That and the disgusting crap I saw when obama first got elected where people I work with seriously thought they were gonna get money from obama. Like he was gonna make their lives better. 4 years later and they are just as broke as before and hate obama now. His platform played on peoples emotions and ignorance. I want to strive for my success in this country, and I don't want the government giving me anything except less taxes and freedom.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #91
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Amini is clueless...
Telling me about the world recognition from his little apartment while I spend 60% of my time in the places he's never heard of, and have seen a strong change since Obama has taken the office.

Ford, GM, others are producing STRONG profits while wre dead 5 years ago.

I clearly said a MAJOR attack, and one Embassy in a totally anarchistic country is the "major" thing now. During Bush era, we were losein DAILY on average more people than under Obama in 4 years!

I am not saying Obama has fixed things, no. And how could he when he has a Congress that just wants to do everything opposite from him. On the other hand, he has started doing many things positive direction, while the guy before him has NOT done a single thing in positive direction. As someone has already said -- do you blame the person who set the fire to your house or the firefighter for not being able to put it out???

Job creation. Did not exist during Bush, especially during the 2006-09 period during and after Bush. 2009-12, it is positive and that is all that matters in the recovery process.

Homes are selling, new homes building.

FEMA today and FEMA during Katrina...don't even go there...

YES, Bush brought us to the brink of another Great Depression, Obama averted it the last minute.

Some people are just ridiculously biased.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #92
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
This election is like choosing between "Meh" and "You're joking, right?"

Also:

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #93
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Quote:
You are not seeing the correlation due to the AGE demographic in this forum.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #94
Florida Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: TiAg 325i, oem 359m

This is still going, interesting. So whos winning the forum poll? Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #95
PKizzle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335is, F25 X3, E36 M3

Pleasantly surprised and very pleased to see Obama winning the polls. Hoping that the rest of the country thinks along the same line as the members of e90post.

After the mess that we had from 2000 to 2008, don't think we could afford another 4 years of misguided and backward Republican policies. While I can at least see some of the merits in what used to be the core Republican ideals like low taxes, small government etc., don't think I could even consider voting for a party that has allowed itself to get hijacked by religious zealots.

Abortion - really, should this even be one of the keys issues that a major political party bases itself on??? Having a wife who is currently pregnant with our first child and seeing first hand what she is going through, the very notion that old white men think they have a right to dictate and scarier legislate, what women can/cannot do with their bodies is downright disgusting. I fail to see how this is too different from what fundamentalists like the Taliban and other religious radicals are trying to do in their countries to keep women suppressed. Disgusting!

Last edited by PKizzle; 11-03-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #96
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post

Also:

Only had to watch the first half to know I'm making the right choice. Thanks for sharing that.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #97
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Wait until E90Post members get home from work.
Looks like those you were hoping for are working 24/7 -- not really your typical Republican crowd...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #98
burtface
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 06 BMW 330i

Well said

Quote:
Agreed. Killing someone on foreign soil without any due process is not something to be proud of, but again Romney also stands behind this decision.

Well depending on the week even Romney agrees with this move. It's not a very polarity point. It is really tough to say what would happen without the auto bailout. Although I agree that goverment interaction should be limited it really does look like the American auto makers have actually improved their cars (although I will keep my BMW thank you very much)

The economy is better than when Obama went into office. It's apparently quite easy to kill the economy in a very short time frame with little regulations and over expanded markets.

The one thing to note is that trickle down economics are not going to work and they haven't worked in the past. During the Bush era and even now we have the widest gap in-between the rich and poor. Statistics have proven that the US economy grows when this gap is smaller and there is a strong middle class. I keep hearing both candidates talk about it but with little plans to actually do anything about it.

What I do know is that some of the programs that Romney and Ryan are proposing are directly against growing the middle class and shrinking the income gap. Haven't we got the proof that giving tax cuts to the rich, giving more the the military complex ISN'T going to work. The rich will keep the income and still work on the lowest bottom line. That's just business sense, but that doesn't run a county.

FYI. Being that I make six figures (and not much more) qualifies me as the rich and I am ok with being taxed more. It's sad when ~130k a year qualifies you for the top 5% of income in the NATION while the average income is around 30k. There is something very fucked up about this.

Now not to say that I agree with over spending of money either. I with the GOP would give me a proper candidate and then I will start voting that direction

Weak? You know how you get the world from putting a target on you. Start working with the world instead of acting like you own it. We funded the terrorist and trained them and gave them money in the 70s to fight russia for us. Now we act all surprised when then go after us.

Going in with a heavy fist is every little schirmish is not the way to improve our standing in the world. I do agree that we need to still maintain a world power but fighting pointless never ending wars only HURT the country and our economy. Give me a more civil president on foreign policy.

So first of all there was no attack on any embassy. It was a foreign consulate so it doesn't count as us soil. Romney made this same mistake multiple times. It doesn't lessen the impact of the attack, but you can't go making claims about US soil when it's clearly not true.

Also the rumors of Obama apologizing is completely made up by the Romney campaign. http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/rom...s-it-backward/

Remember that the majority of Libyans had nothing to do with the attack and that we are still working with and building

Well both Romney and Obama want to cut corporate taxes. Right now the US has one of the highest corporate tax, but there are so many loopholes and government programs that the realized corporate tax in some cases can be zero. Fixing this so that companies may look at the US for manufacturing and offices should be a priority. Neither candidate has step up here.

And there was a republican who was in office right after a little economic down turned called ...oh.. the Great Depression called Herber Hoover who inacted the Emergency Relief and Construction Act which was exactly to get americans back to work by working on government programs. So it has actually worked in the past (although the WWII also did help, but i wouldn't be recommending that)

I am not sure I follow this rant besides just being a parrot of the Romney campaign. Who got repaid?

In the companies that were invested actually only a slim number were not successful. Telsa is actually one that Romney tried to turn into a flop is actually very successful.

Now I do agree that this kind of spending and backing of companies is over extending the governments control. There are times like this that this that I wish I had another option.

The issue here is NOT Solyndra or any other company that is being invested in but the control and position of the federal government. Solyndra is just a buzz word to excite the morons who can't see beyond dramatized headlines.

Funny if you look into Romney's record as a business man making investments via Bain Capital there is a lot of examples that have failed as well. Now of course this isn't the issue.

Has anyone actually looked into what Obamacare is? Obamacare is not the same as UK or Canada where there is a single-payer system (i.e the government). Obama care is NOT government controlled socialized healthcare.

Healthcare is still private, companies and individuals still pay into healthcare.

Romney deployed the exact same model in Mass. and only now that he is a puppet of the GOP has he gone 100% of the offensive against it. Obamacare may not be perfect but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Healtcare is expensive. There is no cheap option in the US for healtcare and we have one of the best health systems in the world, but the fact that you can be denied health care due to pre-exisitng conditions is just wrong!

And healthcare only works if the number of health people out weigh the sick. So there needs to be a way to increase the pool of people who pay in. Now maybe you disagree with Obamacare, but I want a real answer to this instead of just "overturning".

In NO WAY does Obamacare mean that the wealthy pay for healthcare of the poor. Even in the older healthcare system WE already paid for coverage of those without insurance. The reason why health costs are so high is that hospitals, clinics, etc need to cover the bill for those who don't pay.

I agree that we need to fix the tax system for businesses but taxing business owners are not the same as taxing a business. We need to find a way to boost the income of the lower and middle classes and so far the track record has shown that the wealthily just get wealthier under a trickle-down economy.

Now I 100% agree with you about the roll and reach of the _federal_ government and this is why I so badly want to be a republican. The problem is that the republican party has somehow aligned itself with the religious nut cases. What part of smaller federal government is the part were we define that a legal marriage is between a man and a woman. What part of less federal government influence talks about abortion and women's rights?

Oh come on. Obama isn't a saint, but Romney has been proven multiple times this election about down right lying.

What about the latest gaff about Jeep moving to China? Jeep has had to debunk that myth multiple times and Romney is still trying to jam it down everyones throat.

Look at the debate in Colorado. Fact checkers have proven that most of what Romney had said was either a far stretch or a down right lie.

The fact is that I don't agree with either party and I wish I could have a change, but I truly believe that a Romney lead government would be detrimental to the United States. Some one tell the GOP to wake the fuck up and go back to true Republican fundamentals and I will vote for that person.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #99
nemith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 14 BMW 335xi M-Sport EBII

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
because most people associate money with people a Republican. I have a Democrat friend that I got in an arguement and couldn't understand why im Republican if I don't have money. Why wouldn't I want the government giving me money is exactly what they said. I can't respect a party who thinks like that.
That and the disgusting crap I saw when obama first got elected where people I work with seriously thought they were gonna get money from obama. Like he was gonna make their lives better. 4 years later and they are just as broke as before and hate obama now. His platform played on peoples emotions and ignorance. I want to strive for my success in this country, and I don't want the government giving me anything except less taxes and freedom.
If that is truly the case than I fear for the ignorance of the general american population more than I originally expected. I am afraid I missed that "free money" part of the Obama platform in 2008.

Course that logic can be applied to both parties. We shouldn't coddle ignorance, but that exactly what both sides do.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #100
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88

Also:

There are stupid people on each side. This video is even funnier.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #101
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
If that is truly the case than I fear for the ignorance of the general american population more than I originally expected. I am afraid I missed that "free money" part of the Obama platform in 2008.

Course that logic can be applied to both parties. We shouldn't coddle ignorance, but that exactly what both sides do.
yea there is def ignorance is both sides, no one can argue that
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #102
sammk
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Howard Stern FTW!!!
      11-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #103
Sam335ix
Major
Rep

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
If Romney doesn't win I'm thinking of moving to Canada.
Please do and take the rest of the close minded ass backward republican conservatives with you. Heck, Canadas health care is everything most republicans are against. I keep hearing these stupid comments about leaving the country, stop talking and start packing cause Obama will be in the white house another 4 years. I don't care for either candidate but Obama is lesser of the two evils and our economy is improving slowly.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #104
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Seeing how there's an actual, legit change that Romney could steal the election with rigged voting machines, I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet about Obama getting another four years.

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #105
NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
OP: Why only two choices? I'm not voting for either one of them. There are more than two candidates on all 50 state ballots. Your poll is flawed, and without controlling for the many variables (age, education, marital status, location, income) it's basically worthless, like many of the national polls the media bombards us with.

And while we are on the subject of questioning why only two choices, maybe the real question should be: "Is there really a choice at all?". Stop listening to all the B.S. talk and look retroactively at what presidential candidates actually do once elected.

Pres. Obama did not turn out to be the liberal populist peacenik his supporters in 2008 though they were voting for. Many former supporters are quite disillusioned now.

Former Pres. Bush "43" did not turn out to be the solid, fiscal conservative his supporters though they were voting for. He sold out his party's stated principles at every turn just to get one more seat in the senate. In the end he seriously injured American Conservatism. A lot of demoralized Conservatives stayed home on election night in 2008.

Even former Pres. Clinton was not the liberal he played himself off as, and when the Congress turned sharply to Republican majorities in 1994, he skillfully worked with them while making it look like he convinced them to do it his way. In that case the outcome was positive: Welfare reform, a robust economy, etc.

Start to seem a lot more like it's just one party with two factions doesn't it...

BTW, Fearless prediction: Most of the poll numbers are all wrong. Almost all pollsters are basing their weighting on the 2008 turnout which was not a typical turnout. The results on Tuesday are not going to resemble the polls.

Now, let's refocus: This is a car forum. Perhaps we should take a look at those laws and policies that have worked against us as car enthusiasts and see who is behind those...

For example:

Who sponsored and voted for the 55 mph national maximum speed limit bill, and who signed it into law?
(Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1973. Nixon also established the EPA)

When was the 55 mph speed limit first relaxed and by whom?
(Ronald Reagan signed this law in 1986)

When was the national maximum speed limit finally abolished?
(Bill Clinton signed this law in 1996, the bill had been promoted mostly by Congressional Republicans as a States Rights measure)

Perhaps some of you guys are so young you don't even remember when you couldn't drive faster than 55 mph legally anywhere in the U.S. and State Police strictly enforced the law because the Federal government forced the states to prove that drivers were observing the 55 mph limit.

2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Black Sapphire / Shadowline (Individual 760) / Black Dakota Leather, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, no Nav/iDrive, 19 x 8.5 / 19 x 9.5 VMR VB3 in Hyper Black, Pilot Super Sport 235/35 fr 265/30 rr, M3 control arms + tension links (fr)

Last edited by NoTempoLimitN54; 11-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #106
jeremicium
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Garage List
Well said Notempolimitn54
      11-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #107
Flying_Dutchman13
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: A Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Please do and take the rest of the close minded ass backward republican conservatives with you. Heck, Canadas health care is everything most republicans are against. I keep hearing these stupid comments about leaving the country, stop talking and start packing cause Obama will be in the white house another 4 years. I don't care for either candidate but Obama is lesser of the two evils and our economy is improving slowly.

If he's a Romney supporter, he wouldn't be welcome in Canada. The guy is an absolute caveman. I can't see how someone can be anti-women/anti-gay in 2012. Neither issue effects him personally, it just doesn't make sense. These issues don't have any personal effect on me, but why fight against things like this when there are much bigger issues to worry about.
03 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #108
rudebway
Bad Man Wagon
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

I can bet money that you was a special-ed student growing up. This got to be the most ignorant post I've read on this forum and your mindset is the typical Romney supporter. Sad, very sad!
      11-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #109
Sara504
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk View Post
Howard Stern FTW!!!
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #110
Solonng
Captain
Rep

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

Liberals are such hypocrites, they cry global warming and tell people to buy hybrids/electric cars but based on this poll, they love BMWs..Cant have both "ultimate driving machine" and "ultimate earth loving cars" at the same time.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread