E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BMW Drivers Political Views

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Mitt Romney 147 47.12%
Barack Obama 165 52.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

11-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #155
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
HAHAHA I'm clueless? you're an old p.o.s. assuming things about me lol I just shut you down and I'm 18. Regardless of where you've been your mind is closed off to the rest of the world. lol I've been around the world, don't assume things you arrogant bum. Who are you to tell me who I am? You want me to tell you who you are? You're some bozo who made the mistake of buying a 335is instead of an m3 when you just had to pay a couple grand more for everything better. Someone who has too much time on there hands and no where else to go brag about how you "spend 60%" of your time places I apparently haven't heard of..where's that 60%..what part of the internet are you looking at that I haven't heart of? You sound like a kid in you're arguments so that makes me wonder how mature you are for your age. Regardless what you reply, you've made yourself a fool as it is so stop talking crap, bum.

Yea they were dead because they make shit cars and they can't compete with the rest of the market..they're failing companies they're bound to die.

Actually 2 embassies and at least Bush has some balls and didn't apologize like your boy, Obama. Okey that's what happens in war..news flash, but you're supposed to stand up for your country, which obama fails at.

Okey lets get a Republican president in so work can actually get done?? And hey great firefighters can save a few from the flames. buuutt it just seemed like he added fuel to the fire so what's your argument there bud? just full of excuses I see.

Really? So why is that under obamas presidency the unemployment rate is getting greater and greater and greater year after year? His unemployment rate peaked at 10% while bushes at just 5.8%

Unemployment has been at an all time high since right before Reagan stepped in, I'd assume you'd know something about something and the similarities between Romney and Reagan and notice a pattern but no...I guess you're right..some people really are biased, like 80% of the news media, you know? The 80% you only listen to?
Cheers from Taipei. Let me know if you need help finding it on the map. This week, I will be in Taipei, Shanghai and Tokyo.
How about you?
I talk to people around the world, they want to understand why are Americans "so narrow minded"...

Anyway, list the countries of the "World" that you have seen or lived in, I will then list about 80+ of the ones I did.

There is no point for me to discuss the politics with you since you do not understand the basics obiously mentioning unemployment rates, etc.

As for the car, I am not sure what does me buying 335is have to do with this discussion -- I assume you just had no smart thing to say, so, another assult... You will never know what I paid for it, however, I can bet you every $ that I paid LESS than you paid for your "killer" 330
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #156
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: e90 325i ZSP Monaco Blue Step

You should have everyone put their age as well,18-34 year old are the only age demographic that poll in favor of Obama..that demo is over represented on this board I would imagine by a factor of 2:1 or more. Also most of the members on here are Canadians (extremely liberal), Californians, New Yorkers, and many from UK and abroad.

Based on this Romney is winning hearts and minds..he should have less than 33% based on the population makeup here.

Last edited by 401FlaGATOR; 11-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #157
driverman
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E90 328i 6MT

How about this? TRUCE!

We are on this forum because we love to share our enthusiasm for BMW's.

Many of these threads start out as friendly banter about controversial subjects. Then they start getting a bit nasty. Then they go to hell. I've seen that pattern repeat itself countless times.

I think they are fun when they are friendly, but I don't want to participate when they get nasty. What for? None of us are going to change anyone's minds.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #158
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

According to the University of California, Santa Barbara American Presidency Project study of the top 100 newspaper editorial endorsements, Mitt Romney has seen a vast wave of switches from 2008 Obama endorsers. Obama, meanwhile, has seen only one newspaper that endorsed John McCain come around to endorse him. At the same time, many newspapers have also switched from Obama to “no endorsement.”

Here are the stats. As of today, 11 newspapers that endorsed Obama in 2008 have now endorsed Mitt Romney:

•The New York Daily News;
•Long Island Newsday;
•Houston Chronicle;
•Fort Worth Star-Telegram;
•Orlando Sentinel;
•Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel;
•Nashville Tennessean;
•Des Moines Register;
•Illinois Daily Herald;
•Los Angeles Daily News;
•Los Angeles Press-Telegram.

The only newspaper that endorsed McCain in 2008 and has switched to Obama now is the San Antonio Express-News. Meanwhile, another seven papers that endorsed Obama in 2008 have switched to no endorsement.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #159
cwarren
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 08 e92

what really bothers me is when you ask libs why they like obama they give you answers like he seems like he really cares about us . and what do you dislike about romney and they give you answers like i dont like how he looks or how he acts . i personaly had a guy tell me i dont like his hair ? really people ! please no matter who you vote for educate your self .this crap has serious impacts on people lives this is not a popularity contest.
i will never understand the fact that people who make money are now demonized in todays society .somehow entitlements have outweighed ambition..this is a very slippery slope everyone will be broke in no time if we continue this kind of philosophy.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #160
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Now that the President's photo op with Christie is over:

Obama seeks votes as complaints mount over storm response...

Devastated residents lash out at Bloomberg during unannounced visit...

'I feel like a victim of Hurricane Katrina'...

Chaos reigns at free gas fiasco...

FEMA Out Of Water, No Delivery Until Monday...

Residents arm up: Bats, machetes, shotguns...

'It's Like The Wild West'...

'Anarchy in Queens'...

Fear of the Dark...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #161
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Bill Maher to Romney Supporters: 'Black People Know Who You Are and They Will Come After You'...

REPORT: Obama supporters step up riot threats...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #162
Catalina Wine Mixer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 09 335i Coupe White/Coral Red

Garage List
2009 335i  [3.63]
2008 328i  [2.75]
hmmm for some reason I thought romney would be winning this poll....
| 09 335i Coupe | Alpine White/Coral Red | M Sport | 6mt | Premium | Logic7 | 19" Beyern Mesh | 20% Tint | LUX Angel Eyes | 5000k Fogs | Black Kidney Grill | BMS DCI | Cobb Stage 1 | M-Pedal Set | Painted Side Reflectors | Rear Lip Spoiler | Euro Front Plate | Passport 9500ix | BIM Coded |
Who is John Galt??
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #163
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman View Post
It will continue to increase no matter who is elected. There's is no way either guy can produce a balanced budget while we are still in a recession.

And why did the debt increase so much during Obama's 4 years? Because it took a lot of money to bail out the financial institutions to prevent a complete financial collapse, an effort that began under Bush. A situation that would have never happened if there wasn't so much pressure to deregulate, that the conservatives are so fond of doing.

And it takes a lot of money to pay for Bush's wild spending during his 8 years. And it takes a lot of money to stimulate the economy while at the same making structural improvements that will improve the long term prospects.

Most economists believe that you have to TEMPORARILY increase spending to TEMPORARILY boost the economy until things improve. That's exactly what Obama has done. And things are improving, albeit slowly.
You missed the point. Obama said he would reduce the National Debt and Bush was irresponsible with spending and the post wanted proof. Your arguments are irrational at best. I hope your personal finances follow a different methodology and practice. GL

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #164
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #165
scheherazade
Major
Rep

Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
You missed the point. Obama said he would reduce the National Debt and Bush was irresponsible with spending and the post wanted proof. Your arguments are irrational at best. I hope your personal finances follow a different methodology and practice. GL
I wouldn't say it's irrational...

As per paragraph 1,
The president doesn't control the economy - no matter how fun it is to blame him.

And legislatively, it was congress that deregulated banks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E...0%93Bliley_Act
A republican bill, supported by both republicans and democrats, signed into law by a democrat.

Paragraph 2,
The bailout spending started under bush.
http://articles.cnn.com/2008-09-24/p..._s=PM:POLITICS
Which Obama continued.

Frankly, if the banking crisis had happened a little earlier, then you'd have seen not just the first, but the second round of bailout spending under Bush. Banks going broke, and who was where in the presidency at the time that it happened, aren't connected. It wasn't Bush's fault, and it wasn't Obama's fault. They were both reacting.

The root cause is simple human behavior. The stops were taken out for lending, so the people in charge did what they do to make the most money they can. What's good for the individual, isn't necessarily good for the group.

It's really just a wad of investors marauding for money.
Push loans, wrap them into products, sell them off, move on.
Before that it was fuel commodities. Buy up the oil, drive up the price, sell the oil when it's high, and screw what it does to people at the pump.
Simply individuals acting in their own best interest.

Paragraphs 3/4 are the typical Keynesian economics rhetoric.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

The "personal economics" example would be this :
You have a small business that isn't doing well.
You can :
A) Fire employees, raise margins. (the "cut spending" approach)
B) Take out loans to invest into better advertising/product research/etc (the "stimulate" approach)

But in regards to "being in debt", here's a cheeky video summarizing where we're at :
(Which should resonate with the "Why pay cash when you can lease/borrow+invest" crowd.)

Amusingly, there's a connection between that video (3:30+) and the negative propaganda against Iran/Iraq/Venezuela... as those nations are bucking the trend of accepting only USD for oil purchases - which reduces demand on the dollar, and hurts our ability to borrow. (As normally (since 1971/73), you'd first have to buy dollars before you can buy oil ... anywhere in the world from an OPEC nation.)

-scheherazade

Last edited by scheherazade; 11-04-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #166
Solonng
Captain
Rep

Drives: Monacco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman View Post
No lies here. Just your apparent inability to read and interpret a simple statement:

"I'm getting 26 mpg in my 328i; my wife gets 30 in her Honda Civic."

You are not representing your fellow conservatives very well.
You're telling me that im calling you name when i said liberals are hypocrites but yet you call me a conservative? No offense, i'm a liberal that dislike liberals that are in love with Obama
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #167
scheherazade
Major
Rep

Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonng View Post
You're telling me that im calling you name when i said liberals are hypocrites but yet you call me a conservative? No offense, i'm a liberal that dislike liberals that are in love with Obama
I hear this sentiment a lot.
And I can sympathize with it...

- Didn't end the wars (and said he would end them)
- Didn't close Guantanamo [and continued extraordinary rendition] (and he said he would close/end it)
- Has taken more whistle blowers to court than all presidents before him combined (under Espionage Act)
- The impressed labor executive order (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-preparedness) Which happens to relate to why this nation was even formed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressment).
- The "Due Process is not Judicial process" policy.

Stuff like this was the wet dream of "national security above all" Republicans a few decades ago... but even they would have been wary of taking it that far.
It smacks of "Only Nixon could go to China".
Like everyone expects nationalist behavior from Republicans, so people are watching Republicans closely for that kind of behavior, but a Democrat could pull it off while everyone is in denial.

The guy ran on peace and openness, and he's done the opposite.
If he were selling a product, people would be charging him with fraud.

And sadly, Romney is golf buddies with the people that ran the low end of the economy into the dirt.
I say low end, because for big business, unemployment and downward wage pressure has reduced labor costs in excess of their losses in demand. Basically, big business is making $$$$ today.
People need to remember that "what's good for business" is "employees that work for as close to free as possible".
"Asking for good jobs" is "asking businesses to give up profits to fill salaries".
If you're interested in helping the majority of the U.S. population, then you're interest is not in "what's good for business", it's in "what's good for the employee".
If you're selling consumer goods/services, then really the focus should be on improving employees, as they will be your demand.
I don't see Romney as a "good for employees" candidate. And he doesn't claim to be either... so whatever.

Two guys that aren't worth a damn...

I wish our electoral system allowed us to rate each candidate individually, -10 to +10. (dislike vs like).
You pick the one with the highest average score.
But if no one was over 0, then no one gets the job.

The govt just makes more laws, and it's not like the old ones have gone away.
They're all here. One giant stack of laws.

Hundreds of bills, thousands of pages each, and statement after statement per page. It's all law.
And regular people basically care about a dozen major items (theft/assault/murder/trespass/taxation/essential-services/patent/copyright/etc).

The sad part is that maybe 10% of any bill pertains to the name sake. The rest is all kinds of junk, from pork, to favors like setting a particular zip code's tax rate to something low - which happens to be where a friend has a business.

What would be so bad about not always having people there to write more laws?
Are we running out of laws, are the hundreds of thousands of clauses we could violate today not enough? Do you need more?
Hell, we should be removing laws, not making more (besides budget law). We got too many as it is.

-scheherazade

Last edited by scheherazade; 11-04-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #168
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
I hear this sentiment a lot.
And I can sympathize with it...

- Didn't end the wars (and said he would end them)
- Didn't close Guantanamo [and continued extraordinary rendition] (and he said he would close/end it)
- Has taken more whistle blowers to court than all presidents before him combined (under Espionage Act)
- The impressed labor executive order (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-preparedness) Which happens to relate to why this nation was even formed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressment).
- The "Due Process is not Judicial process" policy.

Stuff like this was the wet dream of "national security above all" Republicans a few decades ago... but even they would have been wary of taking it that far.
It smacks of "Only Nixon could go to China".
Like everyone expects nationalist behavior from Republicans, so people are watching Republicans closely for that kind of behavior, but a Democrat could pull it off while everyone is in denial.

The guy ran on peace and openness, and he's done the opposite.
If he were selling a product, people would be charging him with fraud.

And sadly, Romney is golf buddies with the people that ran the low end of the economy into the dirt.
I say low end, because for big business, unemployment and downward wage pressure has reduced labor costs in excess of their losses in demand. Basically, big business is making $$$$ today.
People need to remember that "what's good for business" is "employees that work for as close to free as possible".
"Asking for good jobs" is "asking businesses to give up profits to fill salaries".
If you're interested in helping the majority of the U.S. population, then you're interest is not in "what's good for business", it's in "what's good for the employee".
If you're selling consumer goods/services, then really the focus should be on improving employees, as they will be your demand.
I don't see Romney as a "good for employees" candidate. And he doesn't claim to be either... so whatever.

(Note : FYI, I don't support either of the major parties.)

-scheherazade
your opinion is exactly what I've come in contact with most people who voted for obama the first time but either dont care this election or just don't talk about it. I dont get the people still die hard supporting him. Just doesn't make sense. Romney isn't amazing, but come on
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #169
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

I think Obama made a huge tactical mistake yesterday when he in his closing arguments asked his supporters to "vote for revenge".

Romney siezed upon this immediately as he should and asked his supporters to vote for "love of country".

I may be right of center, but when I was younger and more idealistic I voted for Clinton, Obama is no Bill Clinton, he always looks angry and patronizing and by his own words now we find out he wants "revenge", I think he cares more about "revenge" and his legacy than he does about us.

Romney by contrast is appealling to the higher ideals in Americans and he is on the record with actual plans that emphasizes using our natural resources to lower gas prices which should appeal to all us BMW High Octane users.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #170
Sam335ix
Major
Rep

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401FlaGATOR View Post
Typical republican white trash propaganda, just try not to f up another election please. When in 2004 the us ship was attacked, bush said "as a country we need to stand together" a couslet is attacked and the mob of retards are blaming Obama, great job!

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #171
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Typical republican white trash propaganda, just try not to f up another election please. When in 2004 the us ship was attacked, bush said "as a country we need to stand together" a couslet is attacked and the mob of retards are blaming Obama, great job!
Shhh, let the armchair generals do their thing.

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #172
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

And meanwhile in other news:
(unless of course you are affected by the total media news bugout/blackout)

MOTHER OF SEAL: 'I BELIEVE OBAMA MURDERED MY SON'...

Security officials on the ground in Libya challenge CIA account...

FOXNEWS: Benghazi annex had laser capability, machine guns...

Papers blast president's response...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #173
richard in NC
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

On the surface, I know who I'd vote for but under deep analysis, I just don't know. Do I want someone in office I know I don't trust or someone I don't know I don't trust (for doing the right thing).

But then again, what is the right thing?

But then again, given how deep special interests are in the legislators pockets, how much can either president influence them?

It feels like the country is more run by banks, big business, and the treasury.

And none of them are acting in the best interests of the country, only of themselves.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #174
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This is what losing looks like.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #175
Sam335ix
Major
Rep

Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401FlaGATOR View Post
This is what losing looks like.
Look in the mirror, the biggest loser is staring back at you. Regardless of who wins, the only reason the republicans and white trash alike such as the tea party are all up in arms are because obama is black. it's 2012 and we push our weight around on other countries for democracy and yet a color of a man has this country split in half.

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #176
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Look in the mirror, the biggest loser is staring back at you. Regardless of who wins, the only reason the republicans and white trash alike such as the tea party are all up in arms are because obama is black. it's 2012 and we push our weight around on other countries for democracy and yet a color of a man has this country split in half.
this is what the race card looks like.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread