E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BMW Drivers Political Views



View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Mitt Romney 147 47.12%
Barack Obama 165 52.88%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #177
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
 
gary88's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 7,984
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
gary88 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #178
mkiv808
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 06 E90/Cayman S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Milford, CT

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

I can't get behind either party these days. The party line policies have gotten ridiculous. No such thing as governing moderately and being flexible on issues. It's either far right or far left, and has turned into a ridiculous reality series.
__________________
2009 BMW M3 E92 6M AW/FR
Eibach Springs + H&R Front Sway + LUX AE + LCI Taillights + BMW Performance CF Spoiler + Bastuck Clubsport Exhaust
mkiv808 is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #179
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,580
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
If you have a penis and not a vagina please stfu about abortion, that goes for all other republicans. A womens body is her business and she can do wtf she wants with it. Please keep the moral talk bs to your selves because show me a republican that is against abortion, I ll show you a republican that would have his daughter have an abortion if she was raped or got peragnant by her boyfriend that happened to be a black man in a heart beat. Regarding military spending... It's time to stop making enemy's over seas, bring our troops home and let's build this country within and secure her borders within. I have lost friends in the military, ask their parents, kids and wife's what they rathered had a year ago... Troops in Iraq or having them back at home. While your at it, why don't you go to Iraq and find the WMDs that your party was so eager to find and send thousands of young men and women to ther deaths.
Yea a woman's body is her own but the baby in her isn't, like I said if she wants an abortion do it as early as possible...and uhh who wouldn't have they're daughter have an abortion if she was raped regardless if the guy was black? Are you trying to say I'm racist? lol I'm Iranian, my mind isn't closed off to just America and what Iran has in store needs to be taken care of, all islamic/arab countries in the mid east are messed up, I've been there I know, you argue with me about that once you've been there. OHHH my favorite "pull the troops out!" okey why didn't your obama do it in the past 4 years like he said he would? And it's their choice if they want to go to war or not, they have a calling as cheesy as that sounds I've had friends who said they have a calling to go serve their country so "keep your feelings to yourself and stfu"
Amini77 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #180
ibeaver
joe
 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: switzerland

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

just to point out to some of you, in the "old" days, the world loved the US.... and life was pretty damn good in the US. Now a days, most of the world hates the US and what it stands for (lies bullshit lies) and life in the US could be better. Atleast its what I understand from a lot of what is written on the 9 pages I just read.

so who you wanna vote for? Since most people here don't ever read any news from outside their own borders, I will just point out, most of the world is not considering Romney as bringing back the prosperity days of old.... so whats better?

Its the bottom line, when the world is envious of the US, there is prosperity. When they are not... you figure it out. Its business at its most basic form.

And where the hell is Tarzana CA? sounds like africa to me....
ibeaver is offline   Switzerland
0
      11-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #181
cb2188
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long Island - New York

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335xi  [5.00]
cb2188 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #182
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
 
401FlaGATOR's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325i ZSP Monaco Blue Step
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
I can't get behind either party these days. The party line policies have gotten ridiculous. No such thing as governing moderately and being flexible on issues. It's either far right or far left, and has turned into a ridiculous reality series.
I sympathize with you but I would make the case that Obama is much more extreme in his ideology than Romney. Romney has shown he can be a true uniter, he was the Governor of a state with 80% majority Dem control and he still got things done. This president has been hyperpartisan; "elections have consequences" and so forth. In closing:

401FlaGATOR is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #183
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Yea a woman's body is her own but the baby in her isn't, like I said if she wants an abortion do it as early as possible...and uhh who wouldn't have they're daughter have an abortion if she was raped regardless if the guy was black? Are you trying to say I'm racist? lol I'm Iranian, my mind isn't closed off to just America and what Iran has in store needs to be taken care of, all islamic/arab countries in the mid east are messed up, I've been there I know, you argue with me about that once you've been there. OHHH my favorite "pull the troops out!" okey why didn't your obama do it in the past 4 years like he said he would? And it's their choice if they want to go to war or not, they have a calling as cheesy as that sounds I've had friends who said they have a calling to go serve their country so "keep your feelings to yourself and stfu"
The youth of this country... We are doomed, don't go breaking your tv koskesh :-)
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #184
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeaver View Post
just to point out to some of you, in the "old" days, the world loved the US.... and life was pretty damn good in the US. Now a days, most of the world hates the US and what it stands for (lies bullshit lies) and life in the US could be better. Atleast its what I understand from a lot of what is written on the 9 pages I just read.

so who you wanna vote for? Since most people here don't ever read any news from outside their own borders, I will just point out, most of the world is not considering Romney as bringing back the prosperity days of old.... so whats better?

Its the bottom line, when the world is envious of the US, there is prosperity. When they are not... you figure it out. Its business at its most basic form.

And where the hell is Tarzana CA? sounds like africa to me....
Screw the world man, we ll nuke em all! We are America, we bomb yo ass cause we have cowboys as presidents. Tarzana ca is where most Persian live, I know cause I am half Persian.

Btw, Romney will win because Redskins lost to the panthers... You ask why? Well, for many years when the skins lose on election Sudnay http://www.freep.com/article/2012110...sey=nav%7Chead let the tea party crew dance in the streets :-)
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #185
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,580
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
Cheers from Taipei. Let me know if you need help finding it on the map. This week, I will be in Taipei, Shanghai and Tokyo.
How about you?
I talk to people around the world, they want to understand why are Americans "so narrow minded"...

Anyway, list the countries of the "World" that you have seen or lived in, I will then list about 80+ of the ones I did.

There is no point for me to discuss the politics with you since you do not understand the basics obiously mentioning unemployment rates, etc.

As for the car, I am not sure what does me buying 335is have to do with this discussion -- I assume you just had no smart thing to say, so, another assult... You will never know what I paid for it, however, I can bet you every $ that I paid LESS than you paid for your "killer" 330
Same reason why you think I live in an apartment? haha I'll assume whatever I like and I'll assume whatever I like lol and I'll assume why you go around that part of the world.....trading noodles bro?

Go look at the numbers yourself why do I have to explain how the economy works lol figured you'd be old enough to know.

My "killer" 330 is all I need..4 doors, looks good, and its fast enough. I don't need to hide behind my car. I don't brag about my car and use it as my username like you.
Amini77 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #186
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
 
Spydeputy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Harford County, Maryland

Posts: 3,207
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
I'd rather take a shower at Penn State than vote for Obama.
This should raise a few eyebrows.
__________________
2012, E92, 335is, Space Metal Gray, DINAN Stage 2, Helix FMIC, M Sport Pkg, Dbl Spoke 313 Wheels, Gray & Blk Leather, Conv. Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Prem Pkg, 7 Sp DCT, Navigation, Satellite / Harman Kardon Radio.
BMW CCA Member
Spydeputy is offline   Germany
0
      11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #187
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,580
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
The youth of this country... We are doomed, don't go breaking your tv koskesh :-)
Khak to saret antar, speaking of the youth.. 90% of them voted for this dude just cause he's black. Rasti, we are doomed..chon en sia poost hast roo koonesh hamash dare fried chicken o kool aid o hendoone mikhore.
Amini77 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #188
secretsquirrel
Colonel
 
secretsquirrel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: land of the squirrel

Posts: 2,080
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401FlaGATOR View Post
I sympathize with you but I would make the case that Obama is much more extreme in his ideology than Romney. Romney has shown he can be a true uniter, he was the Governor of a state with 80% majority Dem control and he still got things done. This president has been hyperpartisan; "elections have consequences" and so forth. In closing:

Keep in mind that Romney screwed up and left his job with his approval numbers in the 30's. he left the job because he knew he couldn't get re-elected.
And i dont call vetoing 800 bills "cooperation".

It's funny that you say the president has been partisan. The president has had more crap thrown at him than any president in history. And how is "elections have consequences" different than Bush II saying that he has a mandate after being voted in a second time? Cause I bet you were cheering when Bush made that statement.
secretsquirrel is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #189
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Khak to saret antar, speaking of the youth.. 90% of them voted for this dude just cause he's black. Rasti, we are doomed..chon en sia poost hast roo koonesh hamash dare fried chicken o kool aid o hendoone mikhore.
Lmfao dude that is funny stuff... Ok I ll get off your back, at least your a funny mofo :-)
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #190
secretsquirrel
Colonel
 
secretsquirrel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: land of the squirrel

Posts: 2,080
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Khak to saret antar, speaking of the youth.. 90% of them voted for this dude just cause he's black. Rasti, we are doomed..chon en sia poost hast roo koonesh hamash dare fried chicken o kool aid o hendoone mikhore.
I wonder which party you normally vote for
secretsquirrel is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #191
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,580
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Lmfao dude that is funny stuff... Ok I ll get off your back, at least your a funny mofo :-)
lmaoo damet garm!
Amini77 is offline   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #192
Sam335ix
Major
 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country

Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
lmaoo damet garm!
Damet shomah the same :-)
__________________
2011 e90 KW V1, JB4, BMS Dp, BMS Intake, CP, Alpina Flash, ISO, E85

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Sam335ix is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #193
jeremicium
Captain
 
jeremicium's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olympia, Wa. USA

Posts: 926
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
For those of you with the inability to be civil, be you liberal or conservative. You are just revealing that you lack the intellectual tools to carry on an intelligent discussion. You are also showing that forum big mouth bravery syndrome that is far too common on here. I applaud all that have kept to facts and remained adults. The others...you know who you are. You guys are an effing joke.
__________________
09 E92/Montego Blue/Black leather/Dark burl trim/6MT/Premium/Sport/19" Matte Black Avant garde M310 Wheels/Nav/Comfort access/COBB stage 1
jeremicium is online now   United_States
0
      11-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #194
Joe-
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenwich CT

Posts: 520
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
In other words, neither Romney nor any Republicans have put forth a credible alternative to Obamacare. Not a surprise that you talked about everything BUT healthcare reform.

Instead of just saying "I will repeal Obamacare on day one" I'd love to hear Romney's solution.... except I already have.... it's Romney's healthcare plan in Massachussetts that Obamacare was patterned after! Ironic? Or just plain hypocritical?
Nor has democrats obama has chosen to force those who can't afford to put themselfs in a bigger financial problem by forcing them to spend money on something they just can't afford. He's not using all the facts when coming up with his plan. The fact of matter is health insurance companies just need to be regulated instead of forcing people to have to get ins. Premiums are too high but you have to have choice.
Joe- is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #195
ibeaver
joe
 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: switzerland

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I wonder which party you normally vote for
haha, thats a good point.... probably something more along the lines of extremism? I had too many beers tonight to think why I'm wasting my time writing here... good luck and good night.

ok I add one more comment. Play as a team.... if you keep bashing eachother, you won't get much better.
ibeaver is offline   Switzerland
0
      11-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #196
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Same reason why you think I live in an apartment? haha I'll assume whatever I like and I'll assume whatever I like lol and I'll assume why you go around that part of the world.....trading noodles bro?

Go look at the numbers yourself why do I have to explain how the economy works lol figured you'd be old enough to know.

My "killer" 330 is all I need..4 doors, looks good, and its fast enough. I don't need to hide behind my car. I don't brag about my car and use it as my username like you.

There is NOTHING to brag about the 330xi
Check my join date -- you FAIL AGAIN

And, I would suggest you to skip commenting on Asia/World as it only shows your limited knowledge and education. Still waiting for your world travels list...

Last edited by dr335is; 11-04-2012 at 06:51 PM.
dr335is is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #197
401FlaGATOR
Private First Class
 
401FlaGATOR's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325i ZSP Monaco Blue Step
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 164
iTrader: (0)

This President has shown bad leadership from day one. It seemed obvious to most everyone I know at the time that what we needed in 2008 was a President whose priorities would be #1 Jobs and #2 everything else. Instead he decided healthcare was more important. Well we saw how that turned out.

He had full control of both houses of government and we got ObamaCare not ObamaJOBS and we are the worse for it 4 years later.

Romney has some common sense approaches that appeal to me on a rational basis like using all the forms of energy available to us to get America working again and unleash American Industrialism.
401FlaGATOR is offline  
0
      11-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #198
jeffro535
Second Lieutenant
 
jeffro535's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i, 1997 E36 328is
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DFW, Texas

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Was struck by something the other day. Here I am , a democrat, driving along in my 335 at a good clip when I come up on a Prius blocking the left lane of the interstate plastered with Romney stickers. That's about 180 out from from what you'd expect.
There's a very good article, though on CNN.com that puts forth the idea that neither candidate has made a compelling argument and that's why almost all the polls are within the sampling error. I will vote because I spent most of my life, defending our right to do so, but damn if I can make up my mind, and whichever button I push, I won't feel good about it.
jeffro535 is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST