E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Steps to import a car from the USA.

11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #199
Van G

Drives: Looking: '11 or '12 335i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
I have a contact that can get the Vehicle Warranty Inquiry. If anyone needs one, let me know and I'll see what he can do.

The Bill of Sale stipulates how much the car was sold for, who sold the car, who bought the car, what kind of car and the VIN.

Any lawyer can notarize a Bill of Sale, and each state on their DMV website has blank ones you can print up.

This is an example of a Bill of Sale:
http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=...9&tx=91&ty=157
Thanks shaginwagon13, may take you up on that if private seller is unable to produce from his dealer.

Note: the link you posted is an Affidavit for Return of Security Deposit, not Bill of Sale.
Van G is offline   Canada
      11-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #200
shaginwagon13
Captain

Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Thanks shaginwagon13, may take you up on that if private seller is unable to produce from his dealer.

Note: the link you posted is an Affidavit for Return of Security Deposit, not Bill of Sale.
Sorry about that it was a long weekend.

Here is an example. Just type the state in Google like this:

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=s...w=1422&bih=721
shaginwagon13 is offline   Canada
      08-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #201
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto

Drives: 2013 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [3.50]
Just finished importing a car into Canada from the U.S.. Went pretty smooth. The dealers are being dicks here though. I know I'm entitled to warranty work here but that's about it. Since the car I bought was only built in April of this year it still has some time left on the BMW Assist. The dealer wanted $3K to have that switched over to Canada. They said I need a new cluster and Canadian software. What a crock of shit. I think if I press the Assist button I'll be connected to the U.S. version of it and it will still work. It's amazing how you're treated like a piece of crap. The previous 20 years me and my family have spent on Bimmers means jack shit. Sigh.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Kid Eh is offline   Canada
      08-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #202
canusaybimmy
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
Just finished importing a car into Canada from the U.S.. Went pretty smooth. The dealers are being dicks here though. I know I'm entitled to warranty work here but that's about it. Since the car I bought was only built in April of this year it still has some time left on the BMW Assist. The dealer wanted $3K to have that switched over to Canada. They said I need a new cluster and Canadian software. What a crock of shit. I think if I press the Assist button I'll be connected to the U.S. version of it and it will still work. It's amazing how you're treated like a piece of crap. The previous 20 years me and my family have spent on Bimmers means jack shit. Sigh.
That sounds like a load of bs...if I wasn't worried about my relationship with that dealer...and it sounds like they way they are treating you they don't seem to care about that relationship either, I would cause some serious shit there lol.

Looked into importing a bmw from the US to canada and know you don't have to pay for the cluster change etc. so seeing the dealer try that bs on you just brings back old angry feelings.
Twitter: @Efrtls | Instagram: Efrtls
canusaybimmy is offline   Canada
      08-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #203
tyrewt
Captain

Drives: e92 M3

Dealers in the US can change BMW Assist registery information. However, the system only accepts ZIP code, not our Postal codes. I've switch it over on one of my cars, but have not tested it.

You do not need a cluster swap or re-program. These tactics are used to make importing less attractive and recoupe a few dollars from individuals that don't know any better.

Quote:
tyrewt is offline   Canada
      08-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #204
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
Dealers in the US can change BMW Assist registery information. However, the system only accepts ZIP code, not our Postal codes. I've switch it over on one of my cars, but have not tested it.

You do not need a cluster swap or re-program. These tactics are used to make importing less attractive and recoupe a few dollars from individuals that don't know any better.
How were you able to switch it over? Did you call them? Thanks.

08-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #205
tyrewt
Captain

The dealer offered to do it without me even asking.

Quote:
How were you able to switch it over? Did you call them? Thanks.
      08-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #206
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [3.50]
Quote:
The dealer offered to do it without me even asking.
The dealer here or there? If here, which one?

08-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #207
tyrewt
Captain

Dealer I purchased from in the USA.

Quote:
The dealer here or there? If here, which one?
      08-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #208
Kid Eh
Grand Theft Votto

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [3.50]
Quote:
Dealer I purchased from in the USA.
Ahh ok thanks. I bought mine from a Mercedes dealership. I called BMW Assist just now and they said that if I pay the renewal fee they will activate it. Like $195.00.