E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Iran attacks US drone!

11-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i alpine white

Iran attacks US drone!

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-says-...200033688.html

Looks like things might escalate soon. When is enough enough? In my opinion it's time the we crush this pesky little fly that is Iran.
      11-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-says-...200033688.html

Looks like things might escalate soon. When is enough enough? In my opinion it's time the we crush this pesky little fly that is Iran.
it's about time
i mean with the war in Afghanistan winding down, and iraq pretty much over
the US needs another country to bomb to keep the millitary establishment in buisness

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: *

I take the opposite view. The use of drones is so under reported and most people are unaware that the US (and Israel) use drones on a daily basis and kill so many people. Often its the case that innocent civilians get caught up in these attacks. Who gave US/Israel the authority to carry out these acts? I call it terrorism.

This is the problem with media though. If Iran or any other country tried to use drones they would be accused of terror/spy links and these drones would be shot down in a second and noone would question it. Yet when the tables are turned people start calling for war on Iran. A war that would be much worse than Iraq and Afghanistan. Many innocent people will die.I think about this all the time and I'm worried what's going to happen next.

Netanyahu has already confirmed many times he is trigger happy and ready to stike Iran: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20220566

I'm sorry but that just reminds me of Colin Powell scaring us into believing Saddam had WMD.

The irony is worse though because Israel is scaring us into believing Iran MIGHT get weapons when Israel ALREADY HAS nuclear weapons:

Last edited by hks786; 11-09-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep

Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [4.27]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I take the opposite view. The use of drones is so under reported and most people are unaware that the US (and Israel) use drones on a daily basis and kill so many people. Often its the case that innocent civilians get caught up in these attacks. Who gave US/Israel the authority to carry out these acts? I call it terrorism.

This is the problem with media though. If Iran or any other country tried to use drones they would be accused of terror/spy links and these drones would be shot down in a second and noone would question it. Yet when the tables are turned people start calling for war on Iran. A war that would be much worse than Iraq and Afghanistan. Many innocent people will die. I think some people are so stupid when they sit behind a computer screen they don't realise the reality of war.

when i see responses like this the first thing i do is look at the little flag below the name.. not an american, suprisingly
      11-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Desert_Fox Send a message via Skype™ to Desert_Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post

when i see responses like this the first thing i do is look at the little flag below the name.. not an american, suprisingly
Eh, he's just mad the Brits don't get to terrorize a quarter of the planet anymore.

On a serious note, drones really have been become quite popular. My Dad served in the Bosnian War as part of the NATO resolution and I remember him showing me pictures of the drones, pretty crazy back in 1996. Now it's cheaper to send these out and blow up targets than risk soldiers' lives.

Last edited by Desert_Fox; 11-09-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos81 View Post

I do the exact same thing... lol
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
rohms3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 328i

Convenient how this happened on Nov 1 and was hidden from the media till after election day. Here's to four more years of transparency
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
Convenient how this happened on Nov 1 and was hidden from the media till after election day. Here's to four more years of transparency
Damn, eh? That could have tipped the scales in favor of Romney.

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
SaMaster14
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
I think the fact that Israel has nuclear weapons, and refuses to use them unless in danger of being completely destroyed bolsters their stance. I've been on site with the Israeli army, and they're even more morally obligated than the US army. We all know that if Iran every got its hand on a nuclear weapon, it would be fired the next day...

http://instagram.com/samaster14/

Last edited by SaMaster14; 11-09-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I think the fact that Israel has nuclear weapons, and refuses to use them unless in danger of being completely destroys bolsters their stance. I've been on site with the Israeli army, and their even more morally obligated than the US army. We all know that if Iran every got its hand on a nuclear weapon, it would be fired the next day...
+1. To try to equate Israel and Iran is just plain wrong. One a responsible accepted member of the world community, the other an irrational, terrorist semi-nation. Besides, nobody really knows Israel has anything out there in the Negev so it's a moot point.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
rohms3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Damn, eh? That could have tipped the scales in favor of Romney.
I could care less about the outcome of the election. It's the games that are played and the lies and hidden truths that bother me. If Romney was the incumbent and the same thing happened I would be just as angry.

This wasn't meant as a bi-partisan comment. All Americans regarless of party affiliation should be upset about how the American public gets played like puppets are are fed only certain information, dependent on the current political climate.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
jasonX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 09 e92 335i 6-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I think the fact that Israel has nuclear weapons, and refuses to use them unless in danger of being completely destroyed bolsters their stance. I've been on site with the Israeli army, and they're even more morally obligated than the US army. We all know that if Iran every got its hand on a nuclear weapon, it would be fired the next day...
I hope this is sarcasm, because if not, then you completely disregard the fact that Iran hasn't invaded/occupied a foreign territory since the Persian Empire (Turn off Faux news). Remind me who without a doubt, bombs or use drone strikes on their neighbors or countries on the other side of the world regularly, where numerous times, innocent bystanders are killed in the process? Contrary to what you bible-thumping conservatards claim, Iran has behaved quite rationally when the only nuclear military superpower in the middleeast makes constants threats to bomb their country. Even our Joint Chief of Staff agrees:

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....ational-actor/

But I'm certain if Iranian's were flying drones, say 15 miles off of Hawaii, we shouldn't be concerned, especially if just a few months prior, we downed one of their drones who were flying in our airspace.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...8TO_story.html

I guess it's cool though since they're brown people.

Former:
2008 335xi e92

Last edited by jasonX; 11-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
jasonX
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 09 e92 335i 6-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
+1. To try to equate Israel and Iran is just plain wrong. One a responsible accepted member of the world community, the other an irrational, terrorist semi-nation. Besides, nobody really knows Israel has anything out there in the Negev so it's a moot point.
Yeah, you keep the blinders on

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...164155046.html

http://www.irmep.org/ila/krytons/06272012_milco_mdr.pdf

Lavon Affair, USS Liberty, Johnathan Pollard etc... Quite the "ally" we got there eh?

Former:
2008 335xi e92
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135i alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonX View Post

Lavon Affair, USS Liberty, Johnathan Pollard etc... Quite the "ally" we got there eh?
Iran and many other Arab countries out there believe Israel should not exist. They want to destroy it. If Israel held that belief towards Iran they would have wiped Iran off the map long ago. Israel is completely justified in defending itself. If you can't see it or don't agree with it you are either profoundly dumb or are just a hateful biased and evil person.
      11-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
When I heard of this incident, it reminded me of the game BF2 when they introduced the UAV as a physical object... and people would shoot it down or fly into it or surf on top of it
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Try reading more closely. I never made any claim about their relationship with us. Merely pointed out the difference between the two countries in response to an utterly lightweight and stupid attempt at comparison.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #17
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hope this is sarcasm, because if not, then you completely disregard the fact that Iran hasn't invaded/occupied a foreign territory since the Persian Empire (Turn off Faux news).
That's because they prefer the coward's approach, letting surrogates do their dirty work or, better yet, financing terror which lets them keep their distance from the fight. Probably a good idea since they seem to have little skill at real warfare--can't even shoot down a drone puttering along (in international airspace with two fighter aircraft.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 07' 335i E92/13' VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
That's because they prefer the coward's approach, letting surrogates do their dirty work or, better yet, financing terror which lets them keep their distance from the fight. Probably a good idea since they seem to have little skill at real warfare--can't even shoot down a drone puttering along (in international airspace with two fighter aircraft.
+1

The drone was 16 miles of the Coast of Kuwait. Well within international waters/airspace and no were near their territory, let alone their EEZ.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep

http://www.economist.com/news/intern...-rules-worries

Great article from last weeks Economist on this very subject of drones BTW. Everyone engaged in this convo would indeed enjoy the read.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
+1

The drone was 16 miles of the Coast of Kuwait. Well within international waters/airspace and no were near their territory, let alone their EEZ.
And you know this for sure???
Just like you knew that Saddam had the WMD.
And just like the events in Racak, Kosovo were exactly what happened...

To those that claim how "Israel could wipe Iran off the face of the Earth" and other typical "patriotic/military" phrases -- you should think twice -- they are a small dot surrounded by many that do believe they should not be there. Without the USA,Israel would disapear in 3 seconds, with or without their military...

I have nothing against Israel or their Nation, in fact, I love the unity of their nation. However, it is time to stop assuming, and start living in peace.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
And you know this for sure???
Just like you knew that Saddam had the WMD.
And just like the events in Racak, Kosovo were exactly what happened...

To those that claim how "Israel could wipe Iran off the face of the Earth" and other typical "patriotic/military" phrases -- you should think twice -- they are a small dot surrounded by many that do believe they should not be there. Without the USA,Israel would disapear in 3 seconds, with or without their military...

I have nothing against Israel or their Nation, in fact, I love the unity of their nation. However, it is time to stop assuming, and start living in peace.
It's time for you to read Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince. The world is an ugly place- get used to it. As the old Chinese Proverb goes: "A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #22
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II

Garage List
The fact that you are all missing
the reason Iran wants nuclear weapons, is the fact that Israel has them
It's the same rational as when the USSR and USA both had them
M.A.D ( mutually assured destruction)
If you know your foe has them, you won't launch your missiles at them, because you know they will launch their missiles at you
So it's a lose-lose scenario
But it's the best protection you can have

The only reason Americans don't want Iran to get the weapons, is that it basically means you can't f$&k with them any more, and neither can the Israelis
Just like the USA doesn't mess with north Korea anymore

It may suck, but I definitely understand their logic

Appreciate 0