E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How quickly would a 2007 335i depreciate?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

How quickly would a 2007 335i depreciate?

Thinking about buying a 335i coupe...E92 as you people say...fully loaded and 30k miles for $24,000. If I want to sell it in 2 years and only put about 10,000 miles on it (so would have 40k ish)....would I be able to sell it for around $20,000?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
fenixxishot
Lieutenant
6
Rep
513
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i e92 AW MT
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin

iTrader: (8)

In two years its hard to predict exactly what market sentiment for a 335i will be they are kinda unreliable. However to be safe or realistic consider a 15-20% depreciation a year. Maybe because you are driving so little you could do 15% your looking at $17.5
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
MattMD
E9X > F3X
MattMD's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
729
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Have you considered leasing one?

No way you're gonna get $20k in November 2014.
__________________
2009 E90 328i - Space Grey Metallic on Black // iDrive // Premium Package // Xenons

Mods - Stock for now

Dream Car - Mineral White E92 M3 DCT, Ferrari 458 (someday )
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
In two years its hard to predict exactly what market sentiment for a 335i will be they are kinda unreliable. However to be safe or realistic consider a 15-20% depreciation a year. Maybe because you are driving so little you could do 15% your looking at $17.5
17.5k? That seems low...dealers are still selling 2007 for 28-30k
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
jmaak
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: 370z
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

if anyone buys it at that price they are getting killed. you can get a 2010 fully loaded 20k miles for that much
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaak View Post
if anyone buys it at that price they are getting killed. you can get a 2010 fully loaded 20k miles for that much
Where? Fully loaded 2010 with low miles for 28k????
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
MattMD
E9X > F3X
MattMD's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
729
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiba14 View Post
17.5k? That seems low...dealers are still selling 2007 for 28-30k
Selling or asking? You're a sucker if you pay $30k for an 07 335.
__________________
2009 E90 328i - Space Grey Metallic on Black // iDrive // Premium Package // Xenons

Mods - Stock for now

Dream Car - Mineral White E92 M3 DCT, Ferrari 458 (someday )
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
bwsteg
Captain
bwsteg's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: AM e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queens NY

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Two cars are never the same. Because you can find 1 or 2 deals out there in which you buy a 07 335i with 60+ K miles for under $23k, that does not mean every single 07 owner must now sell there car for that.

Just for the sakes of this argument. I have a 07 335i with 35k miles, an actual fully loaded car (with active steering, active cruise control, CPO as well, every single option available in 07) and went to two different BMW dealerships this weekend to see what my car was worth in a trade-in, $25,300 and 24,900. So why would I assume or anyone for that matter think that all 07's should sell for 22-24k privately? Each vehicle and situation is different...

Also, 95% of 07's selling for under $24k all have high mileage (60k +)..
__________________
Acura RSX-S K24a2 JRSC Swap - SOLD
CPO BMW 335i 6MT - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsteg View Post
Two cars are never the same. Because you can find 1 or 2 deals out there in which you buy a 07 335i with 60+ K miles for under $23k, that does not mean every single 07 owner must now sell there car for that.

Just for the sakes of this argument. I have a 07 335i with 35k miles, an actual fully loaded car (with active steering, active cruise control, CPO as well, every single option available in 07) and went to two different BMW dealerships this weekend to see what my car was worth in a trade-in, $25,300 and 24,900. So why would I assume or anyone for that matter think that all 07's should sell for 22-24k privately? Each vehicle and situation is different...

Also, 95% of 07's selling for under $24k all have high mileage (60k +)..
Thanks for the reply...I agree. Think people above are assuming high miles
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
GChase
Captain
GChase's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

As gas prices continue to skyrocket, your car will depreciate faster. If you plan on selling it in two years and losing around $4-5k, why not lease a new 2012 one? I figure it's around the same ballpark price-wise, and no HPFP worries.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
As gas prices continue to skyrocket, your car will depreciate faster. If you plan on selling it in two years and losing around $4-5k, why not lease a new 2012 one? I figure it's around the same ballpark price-wise, and no HPFP worries.
Cause with a lease I don't own and just lose $$?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
GChase
Captain
GChase's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
701
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiba14 View Post
Cause with a lease I don't own and just lose $$?
Depending on the year and deal you get, and considering the fees and taxes in buying and selling a car rather than leasing, you will be paying in the same ballpark. Not to mention a 2012>2007. Why buy a car if you are just going to sell it in 2 years?
I understand a lease will be a bit more, but I guarantee your car will depreciate more than $4k. There are pros and cons for both side. Just throwing an option out there
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
MattMD
E9X > F3X
MattMD's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
729
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Depending on the year and deal you get, and considering the fees and taxes in buying and selling a car rather than leasing, you will be paying in the same ballpark. Not to mention a 2012>2007. Why buy a car if you are just going to sell it in 2 years?
I understand a lease will be a bit more, but I guarantee your car will depreciate more than $4k. There are pros and cons for both side. Just throwing an option out there
+ you won't have to worry about maitenence with a lease
__________________
2009 E90 328i - Space Grey Metallic on Black // iDrive // Premium Package // Xenons

Mods - Stock for now

Dream Car - Mineral White E92 M3 DCT, Ferrari 458 (someday )
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #14
rdeterman
First Lieutenant
rdeterman's Avatar
7
Rep
389
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
In two years its hard to predict exactly what market sentiment for a 335i will be they are kinda unreliable. However to be safe or realistic consider a 15-20% depreciation a year. Maybe because you are driving so little you could do 15% your looking at $17.5
15%-20% is not accurate for yearly depreciation.. id say $1000-$1500 a yr max as long as the car is in good shape.. 24k for an 07 is probably on the high side i see alot of 08's and up sell for that or not much more
__________________
JB4 G5 ISO W/BMS FLASH, FBO, Walbro LPFP, Spec S2+ SMFW
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
Rich150001
Private
0
Rep
83
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335I & 09 R6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arlington (Ballston), Va

iTrader: (0)

For comparison, I bought a 2007 335I fully loaded with 28k miles 1 year 1/2 ago for 25,800. I put the car up sale for a high price on autotrader's "keep it up til it sells deal" to feel out the market as I am happy with my car and don't have a high desire to sell it. I've recently gotten a few offers around 25,000 with 38k miles on the car currently. I think selling the car for 20k in 2 years is a very reasonable assumption, especially for the price of 24k which I feel is a good deal for these cars right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
adiba14
Private First Class
1
Rep
129
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich150001 View Post
For comparison, I bought a 2007 335I fully loaded with 28k miles 1 year 1/2 ago for 25,800. I put the car up sale for a high price on autotrader's "keep it up til it sells deal" to feel out the market as I am happy with my car and don't have a high desire to sell it. I've recently gotten a few offers around 25,000 with 38k miles on the car currently. I think selling the car for 20k in 2 years is a very reasonable assumption, especially for the price of 24k which I feel is a good deal for these cars right now.
Awesome thanks for great info. I would think 19-20k for a fully loaded with pretty low miles should be a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
1N54E92
Lieutenant Colonel
1N54E92's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,869
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i, 07 N54 E92 (Ret.)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiba14 View Post
17.5k? That seems low...dealers are still selling 2007 for 28-30k
They are making a killing on those. 17.5 sounds about right to me.
__________________
"Join the BMWCCA today! referral member # is 423910"
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #18
N55
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,221
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335IS E92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiba14 View Post
17.5k? That seems low...dealers are still selling 2007 for 28-30k
I find this hard to believe. My dealer sells 2010s and 2009s 335s, under 30k miles for around 30-35... Nicely equipped as well.
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Alpine White - Sold - 8/19/10 > 2011 335xi E90 Jet Black - Sold - 6/27/12 > 2012 335IS E92 Crimson Red - Current

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
Vegetable
Lieutenant
Vegetable's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
522
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaak View Post
if anyone buys it at that price they are getting killed. you can get a 2010 fully loaded 20k miles for that much



A 2010 Fully loaded e92 with 20K miles for for 20K? I will buy that right now. cash.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
spiike32
Major
spiike32's Avatar
22
Rep
1,060
Posts

 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: shy-town

iTrader: (8)

2007 in about 2 years from now, I would expect to pay 19k depending on condition. You can get 2007's for around 18-20k now.
__________________

Retired: FBO 335i and 318ti Current: C7 Stingray
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #21
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
24
Rep
1,877
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Don't use the dealer price to count the resale value. What is the current resale value of a 2005 330 ? Its pretty low, if you get $14k its already not bad. Granted, there is the body style boundary and the 335 is more powerful (but more unreliable), so it may retain better value, but its delusional to think it'll retain $6000 better value.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
Eric335
Colonel
Eric335's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiba14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
In two years its hard to predict exactly what market sentiment for a 335i will be they are kinda unreliable. However to be safe or realistic consider a 15-20% depreciation a year. Maybe because you are driving so little you could do 15% your looking at $17.5
17.5k? That seems low...dealers are still selling 2007 for 28-30k
+1 My car was listed for like $36k+ CPO. i bought it a year ago for 31k OTD + CPO
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST