E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Walnut shell blasting for intake valves!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 335i - M coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver / Canada


Posts: 113
iTrader: (3)

Walnut shell blasting for intake valves!!

Hey Guys

I just got back from a long weekend trip in the States. My wife and I were going down for the weekend so I decided to get the walnut shell blasting done to my valves. I have to say it makes a big difference. I was having some issues with idling in the morning and afternoon start-up (when left for a while). Also it feels like my car is even quicker now!! (might be in my mind after driving around a 328i all day). Brain Jessel recommended this but charged an arm and a leg. Reading through some of the Washington posts people mentioned that there was a special price for this exact cleaning @ BMW Belleville Washington. Easy to get to with navi

The cost is $369 + tax and that comes with a complementary curtsy car just like down here. I dropped it off in the morning around 8:30 am and took off shopping for the whole day!! Seattle premium outlets, Northgate Mall, and some shops around the Seattle area. I really recommend going down there because is will save you $1000!!!!

Here is the post that I received the initial information from!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=walnut


Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
JunkStory
Major
32

 
Drives: naked.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 98230


Posts: 1,185
iTrader: (3)

Dude, you are a life saver!

I just went to AutoWest BMW today to get a quote, and they say it would be about 4 hours of labor, total cost reaching close to $800 since they have to replace the gasket and whatnot.

Do you know if the $369 is a promotional price that will end soon? How long did it take
to get the entire service done?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
Canada
209

 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA


Posts: 6,361
iTrader: (16)

appointment is necessary?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
50

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario


Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
Hey Guys

I just got back from a long weekend trip in the States. My wife and I were going down for the weekend so I decided to get the walnut shell blasting done to my valves. I have to say it makes a big difference. I was having some issues with idling in the morning and afternoon start-up (when left for a while). Also it feels like my car is even quicker now!! (might be in my mind after driving around a 328i all day). Brain Jessel recommended this but charged an arm and a leg. Reading through some of the Washington posts people mentioned that there was a special price for this exact cleaning @ BMW Belleville Washington. Easy to get to with navi

The cost is $369 + tax and that comes with a complementary curtsy car just like down here. I dropped it off in the morning around 8:30 am and took off shopping for the whole day!! Seattle premium outlets, Northgate Mall, and some shops around the Seattle area. I really recommend going down there because is will save you $1000!!!!

Here is the post that I received the initial information from!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=walnut


How many kms on your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
QBall28
New Member
Canada
1

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver B.C.


Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

I had this done last Thursday at Bellevue BMW, took 3.5 hours...
My car is running smoother with better throttle response. I am at 137 000 Km

BMW Bellevue has bad reviews on Yelp and google, but I received top-notch service. The price as stated is $369.00 + tax. it seems to be the regular price.

If anyone is looking for Hankook Tires while in Seattle I know a guy, who loves Canadians.

Q
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
shaginwagon13
Charted Accountant
Canada
28

 
shaginwagon13's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto


Posts: 910
iTrader: (4)

Too bad Ontario dealerships don't offer this special. They rape us down here...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 335i - M coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver / Canada


Posts: 113
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory View Post
Dude, you are a life saver!

I just went to AutoWest BMW today to get a quote, and they say it would be about 4 hours of labor, total cost reaching close to $800 since they have to replace the gasket and whatnot.

Do you know if the $369 is a promotional price that will end soon? How long did it take
to get the entire service done?
$800 is still not bad .. Brian Jessal was upwards of $1000! The $369 is not promotional it's regular price but due make sure to book in advance because they don't have very many curtesy cars like Jessal. Make sure to ask for navi because we got lost trying to get back without my navi

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #8
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 335i - M coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver / Canada


Posts: 113
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
How many kms on your car?
I have 50k ish but I do a lot of city driving so it was all clogged up in there! Makes a huge difference on start up (smooth - like new) and possible gained back some hp aswell
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #9
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 335i - M coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver / Canada


Posts: 113
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
appointment is necessary?
Yes appointment is a must at any BMW! Expessially if you want a loaner car!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
50

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario


Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubla_d View Post
I have 50k ish but I do a lot of city driving so it was all clogged up in there! Makes a huge difference on start up (smooth - like new) and possible gained back some hp aswell
Thats whacked. 50,000 kms and its a mess? Thats warranty work isnt it?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
5

 
Drives: 335i - M coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver / Canada


Posts: 113
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Thats whacked. 50,000 kms and its a mess? Thats warranty work isnt it?
BMW does not cover valve cleaning under warrenty. My car was completly drivable with no warrnings. The dealer recommended it but it is considered maintenance and other then the annual service (which is covered) no other maintenance is covered! They say it was something to do with how dirty our gas is compared to European gas as well as the type of driving we do and like I said I do all city driving... Stop and go a lot!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST