E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > FS: E9x M3 Instrument Cluster



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Mike Benvo
www.bpmsport.com
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,696
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
FS: E9x M3 Instrument Cluster

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
For sale is a perfect condition used M3 instrument cluster.

Upgrade the look of your 3 series to M3.



Any questions, please ask.

I will need your VIN # to program to the cluster.

Please do not ask me to change mileage as I will not do it. This is illegal but doesn't stop people from constantly asking me. (The cluster will reflect your cars mileage, not what's pictured).

The cluster will work in your car without a tamperage dot after the proper VIN# is programmed to it. You can switch back and forth (if necessary) to your previous cluster and back and the mileage will update properly.

Asking $700 + Ship including changing the VIN to your vehicle VIN.

__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by Mike Benvo; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,925
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Hey Mike, what's your best price shipped to 95127? Definitely interested.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Bricks
Captain
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 744
iTrader: (8)

best price shipped to 11704?
Bricks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Fiorano
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (2)

was wondering the part above the tachometer (rpm), is that shift light? If it is, will it works on e90 non-m?
Fiorano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Mike Benvo
www.bpmsport.com
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,696
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
was wondering the part above the tachometer (rpm), is that shift light? If it is, will it works on e90 non-m?
Yes, that is the shift light for DCT cars. I am uncertain as to if it will work in an automatic (non-DCT) car.

I tried for days to get it to work in my 6MT M3 and it's definitely impossible. This was the main reason I bought the cluster. The transmission is what sends the signals to the shift lights, and being that I have no 'real' transmission module they won't light up. It was worth a shot, I always wanted shift lights.

To those that asked, I would like 700+ for the cluster. This includes matching the cluster to your VIN number.

However, you MUST have a discussion with me about mileage first. This cluster came out of a car with very low mileage and when I programmed it to my car the mileage raised to 45K. So it's preferable if someone buys it that has greater than 45K miles, because then it will update to your correct mileage and you'll be set (might need slight coding though to match to your car). If you have under 45K miles and you plug this in, it will RAISE the cars mileage to 45K. If I have a buyer with under 45K, I will have to reprogram the mileage to your mileage and then all will be ok.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,925
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Sent ya a pm, Mike!
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
 
madmanhiker's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Posts: 1,565
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I also PM'd you with my VIN if anyone falls through. Thx.
__________________
-madmanhiker jax,fl
madmanhiker is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
cityazndan
Major
 
cityazndan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 1,451
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Next on the list if buyer falls through... Luckily I have 64k on the clock
__________________
2007 BMW 335i | 6AT | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW {Smurfin' before it was cool}
|JB4 G5 ISO|Cobb|S&B Filters|RB|Evolution Racewerks|Synapse|ar design|JetHot|Active Autowerke|Bastuck|
||Amuse Ericcson|M-Sport|M5 SMG Knob|V1 Yellow Stripe Steering Wheel||
cityazndan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
diddlkiss
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335i E90 Lci N54
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tsingtao

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I want it,but my car is Euro,
do you have another kmh not mph instrument cluster?
I 'm in China,can you ship it to here?
I can pay by paypal,plz tell me the track cost and company.
I think the USPS is better.
thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
For sale is a perfect condition used M3 instrument cluster.

Upgrade the look of your 3 series to M3.



Any questions, please ask.

I will need your VIN # to program to the cluster.

Please do not ask me to change mileage as I will not do it. This is illegal but doesn't stop people from constantly asking me. (The cluster will reflect your cars mileage, not what's pictured).

The cluster will work in your car without a tamperage dot after the proper VIN# is programmed to it. You can switch back and forth (if necessary) to your previous cluster and back and the mileage will update properly.

Asking $600 + Ship including changing the VIN to your vehicle VIN.
diddlkiss is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,925
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanhiker View Post
I also PM'd you with my VIN if anyone falls through. Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityazndan View Post
Next on the list if buyer falls through... Luckily I have 64k on the clock
I haven't heard back from, Mike. I told him I'd take it and that I'm ready to pay but no response. I'll let you guys know if I hear back from him.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Mike Benvo
www.bpmsport.com
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,696
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
M_Truong - passed on it.

PMed madmanhiker - he has next dibs. If he doesn't want it I will continue down the list of those that were interested.

Thanks,
Mike

(PS - if you want it best way is to call me. I've very backed up on emails/PMs)
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
DrAmazing
Private First Class
 
Drives: '07 335i Coupe JB4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Halifax, Canada

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
So it's preferable if someone buys it that has greater than 45K miles, because then it will update to your correct mileage and you'll be set (might need slight coding though to match to your car). If you have under 45K miles and you plug this in, it will RAISE the cars mileage to 45K. If I have a buyer with under 45K, I will have to reprogram the mileage to your mileage and then all will be ok.
Could you not just program the cluster to 0? Then it will sync to however many miles the new vehicle has no matter how many miles are on it?
DrAmazing is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
Mike Benvo
www.bpmsport.com
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,696
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAmazing View Post
Could you not just program the cluster to 0? Then it will sync to however many miles the new vehicle has no matter how many miles are on it?
Sorry, that could enable someone to potentially lower the mileage in their car. I want to make sure that what I'm doing is 100% legal. Selling a VIN coded cluster with 0 miles on it does not sit well with me. Just crossing my T's and dotting my I's.

Anyone interested, please let me know. I will need proof of your current mileage. Ready to ship asap.

Mike
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

Posts: 6,309
iTrader: (16)

One of the best mod
e90sexion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
///M Leardo
Youngin
 
Drives: 2009 e92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Miami

Posts: 389
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
i'm in but not for $700! send me a PM
__________________
CLICK HERE FOR CODING IN FL & NJ!
JB4 | BMW PE | AA DPs | AA FMIC | AA BOV | AFE Intake+Scoops | OSS Headlights | M3 Front | M3 Skirts | M3 Steering Wheel | +Much More
///M Leardo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #16
Joe-
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Greenwich CT

Posts: 520
iTrader: (2)

I am in too if we can come to a reasonable price but I've seen the latest ones sold in the forums for around 250 - 300 without coding.

Considering I am in CT/NY we have the guy who codes for free that can code this for us.

Also, even if we provided you with Mileage if we drive our car the mileage will change regardless.

Also not to rain on the parade here but the cluster goes for for around 700 brand new.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...agramCallOut=1

Let me know if you are willing to drop the price to the reasonable price range of 300
Joe- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Mike Benvo
www.bpmsport.com
 
Mike Benvo's Avatar
 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 4,696
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Joe:

The coding and VIN programming are two different things. The VIN programming is much more complex and is not standard coding.

This is a hand picked cluster that I purchased for $550. I think the extra $150 is fair to reprogram the VIN # so you don't have a tamperage dot.

This cluster is actually $784 from that site brand new:
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/201...MENT%20CLUSTER

Regardless, even if you purchase a new cluster, the dealer will not be able to retrofit it to the car. So this is an opportunity to get one that will sync up with the car properly.

As far as the mileage, I've said what I needed to say on that so there is no point in debating. I need to know the mileage at the time of purchase, period.

What you've stated as reasonable I do not agree with - I will wait for someone who is willing to pay a fair price for a preprogrammed cluster. We can agree to disagree here.


Dropping price to $640, including the VIN programming.

Thanks everyone.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
MARIO K
Brigadier General
 
MARIO K's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 3,405
iTrader: (8)

Something you don't see FS everyday.. GLWS!
MARIO K is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
Tomz_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 Jet Black E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queens, NY

Posts: 1,864
iTrader: (11)

Andrey will NOT code this for free.. it's a lot of work. Pricey IMO, but the man can ask for whatever he wants, its his cluster.
__________________
Stock....
Tomz_M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
Bricks
Captain
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 744
iTrader: (8)

just bought a m3 cluster whats the procedure on coding it to my car
Bricks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,398
iTrader: (12)

One question. I have DCT in my 335is, could you possibley get the shift light to work? if so im in. i have 49,196 miles
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #22
N111CUK
G force Junkie
 
N111CUK's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i M Sport black edition
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United kingdom

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to N111CUK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Joe:

The coding and VIN programming are two different things. The VIN programming is much more complex and is not standard coding.

This is a hand picked cluster that I purchased for $550. I think the extra $150 is fair to reprogram the VIN # so you don't have a tamperage dot.

This cluster is actually $784 from that site brand new:
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/201...MENT%20CLUSTER

Regardless, even if you purchase a new cluster, the dealer will not be able to retrofit it to the car. So this is an opportunity to get one that will sync up with the car properly.

As far as the mileage, I've said what I needed to say on that so there is no point in debating. I need to know the mileage at the time of purchase, period.

What you've stated as reasonable I do not agree with - I will wait for someone who is willing to pay a fair price for a preprogrammed cluster. We can agree to disagree here.


Dropping price to $640, including the VIN programming.

Thanks everyone.
Hi

I'll take this off you. Can you send to the UK? And would PayPal be ok ?

Cheers
N111CUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST