E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #6513
kgroschi
Lieutenant
kgroschi's Avatar
Germany
7
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M5 [GONE], now '09 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California, USA (Born in Munich, Germany)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Hey guys, I just installed my AP for the first time. While installing, I got all sorts of error messages (brake malfunction, dsc malfunction, engine malfunction, transmission malfunction, etc...) which I think is to be expected. Once the flashing was complete, I cycled the car off, then on and I immediately got the brake malfunction message again. It quickly went away and I drove around the block to make sure that everything was ok.

The accelerator and brake pedal seemed to have increased in stiffness by 100% lol. I know I am not crazy. The car drives like a dream, but the pedals feel so stiff! What's up with that? Is this all in my head?
I think that's your mind messing with you. I haven't noticed any difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #6514
kgroschi
Lieutenant
kgroschi's Avatar
Germany
7
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 08 M5 [GONE], now '09 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California, USA (Born in Munich, Germany)

iTrader: (0)

Did another 3rd gear run

How does this look to you guys? Was 8 C outside... about 93 Octane. Oh and, E90 335i.

I am not sure if the datalog uploaded right. I don't understand why my throttle can't go to 100%. It always stops at like 99.61%. Is that normal? Do you guys have the same issue?
Attached Images
 
Attached Files
File Type: txt 3rd gear run.txt (30.8 KB, 37 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #6515
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
30
Rep
2,893
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
I think that's your mind messing with you. I haven't noticed any difference.
A quick google search yielded nothing like I am (or think I am) experiencing so it would appear that this is all in my head, but it's not like the pedals feel only slightly stiffer. They literally feel twice as stiff as they were before.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #6516
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
How does this look to you guys? Was 8 C outside... about 93 Octane. Oh and, E90 335i.

I am not sure if the datalog uploaded right. I don't understand why my throttle can't go to 100%. It always stops at like 99.61%. Is that normal? Do you guys have the same issue?
Yeah, the Accel pedal position @99% is normal.
The timing on that log looks good. However, you're getting overboost induced throttle closures. If you're comfortable playing with ATR(it's seriously not hard, just a little time consuming) then you can work that out. Other than that it looks good.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #6517
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
A quick google search yielded nothing like I am (or think I am) experiencing so it would appear that this is all in my head, but it's not like the pedals feel only slightly stiffer. They literally feel twice as stiff as they were before.
It's psychosomatic. Since you're probably trying to pay really close attention to things since the flash you're mind is messing with you lol

Cobb doesn't affect the force feedback on the accelerator pedal(I'm not even sure if they can even access that, or if it has any type of electronic adjustment. It may just be a spring providing the feedback/resistance) and the same goes for braking(it's not brake by wire so there's not much a software change can influence.)
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #6518
Danny_K
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: E39M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Can someone give a little feedback on my stg 2 logs. Power delivery just doesn't feel right. Sometimes there is a hesitation when going full throttle (not spool). Also partially (50% or so) in 6th gear on the highway can sometimes result in a pretty violent shudder.

Going to try the sport tune. And send logs to Cobb. Sorry i do not have more a more concrete description of the cars behavior.
Attached Files
File Type: zip stage 2 aggresive 3rd gear - 2 pulls.zip (21.4 KB, 29 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #6519
Danny_K
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: E39M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_K View Post
Can someone give a little feedback on my stg 2 logs. Power delivery just doesn't feel right. Sometimes there is a hesitation when going full throttle (not spool). Also partially (50% or so) in 6th gear on the highway can sometimes result in a pretty violent shudder.

Going to try the sport tune. And send logs to Cobb. Sorry i do not have more a more concrete description of the cars behavior.
Graphs for the logs...
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #6520
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
94
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

you have some Throttle closure for overshoot at around 3500 rpm that can be toned down with ATR or a custom map (PTF for example) . I guess you had TC off right?
Also 1 log shows timings drops on all cylinders while the other one was ok.
Pull the car to redline as well not only 6400 rpm.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #6521
Danny_K
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: E39M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
you have some Throttle closure for overshoot at around 3500 rpm that can be toned down with ATR or a custom map (PTF for example) . I guess you had TC off right?
Also 1 log shows timings drops on all cylinders while the other one was ok.
Pull the car to redline as well not only 6400 rpm.
TC was all the way off. Some pulls feel strong and some feel bad (maybe the some pulls timing is coming out like shown here). Any idea what would cause that? I have tried different fuel stations and the seat of the pants hasnt changed.

Once the FMIC goes in its going out for custom tune to try and smooth it out. Does the tune look on the safe side to you? Just wish it was more consistent from one run to the next.

thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #6522
enrita
Major General
enrita's Avatar
Sweden
94
Rep
7,331
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_K View Post
TC was all the way off. Some pulls feel strong and some feel bad (maybe the some pulls timing is coming out like shown here). Any idea what would cause that? I have tried different fuel stations and the seat of the pants hasnt changed.

Once the FMIC goes in its going out for custom tune to try and smooth it out. Does the tune look on the safe side to you? Just wish it was more consistent from one run to the next.

thanks for the help!
i think what you feel is the trottle closing most of all. at what rpm does the car act like is not going ? There is a thread explaining how to tone down wgdc for throttle closure fix with ATR.
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #6523
Danny_K
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: E39M5
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
i think what you feel is the trottle closing most of all. at what rpm does the car act like is not going ? There is a thread explaining how to tone down wgdc for throttle closure fix with ATR.
In the 3000-4000 range. 2nd gear, for example, full throttle at 3k and sometimes it 'wakes up' at 3500-4000 and spins the tires, and other times it just feels like its dying so i lift.

Same with other gears, 3rd gear can be the difference between pulling hard, and pulling so-so.

Going to look into the ATR, not overly familiar with any of that. Links appreciated if you know them off the top of your head. Off to the search button, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #6524
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_K View Post
In the 3000-4000 range. 2nd gear, for example, full throttle at 3k and sometimes it 'wakes up' at 3500-4000 and spins the tires, and other times it just feels like its dying so i lift.

Same with other gears, 3rd gear can be the difference between pulling hard, and pulling so-so.

Going to look into the ATR, not overly familiar with any of that. Links appreciated if you know them off the top of your head. Off to the search button, thanks!
You could be experiencing the feel of the throttle closures. I know when my were bad it felt like a heavy hesitation. Check the graphs and logs around that rpm and see if that's where.the throttle closures are happening.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #6525
MikeS300
New Member
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blacklick, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
How does this look to you guys? Was 8 C outside... about 93 Octane. Oh and, E90 335i.

I am not sure if the datalog uploaded right. I don't understand why my throttle can't go to 100%. It always stops at like 99.61%. Is that normal? Do you guys have the same issue?
Your logs look a lot like mine until I corrected them. You're having throttle closures due to overboost in the 2600 to 3000 rpm range. Look at TPS act %. That should be close to 80% during WOT. Yours drops off a lot in the above mentioned rpms ranges. What map are you running? The throttle closure is no big deal and it can be corrected with ATR. PM me and I can walk you through what you need to do.
__________________
'10 BMW 335i xDrive. BMS Dual Cone Intakes. Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #6526
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
891
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

so just got my car back from the dealer anyone know why my ECU number changed?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #6527
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
so just got my car back from the dealer anyone know why my ECU number changed?
They updated your ROM
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #6528
Ænema
Captain
10
Rep
961
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
so just got my car back from the dealer anyone know why my ECU number changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
They updated your ROM
This.
Your "ECU" designation is actually your ROM revision.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #6529
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
so just got my car back from the dealer anyone know why my ECU number changed?
that's why its a good idea to uninstall your COBB on Dealer visits.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #6530
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
891
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

it was uninstalled i was just wondering why it changed haha thanks though
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #6531
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
BlueBimmer's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (5)

New plugs, New Brakes, New Oil, New logs ....

Folks,
Recently had my pre-warranty expiration done. Patiently waiting to re0install the Cobb and today was the day. Can anyone please review the logs for me? It's an 09 335 - 49k - it was about 34 degrees outside (cold). Any input appreciated. Thanks!!!
(Change file from zip to csv)
Attached Files
File Type: zip datalog10.zip (52.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: zip datalog11.zip (68.5 KB, 32 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #6532
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
BlueBimmer's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (5)

Come'on anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #6533
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,679
Posts

 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
I'll take a look later today.

There isn't much traction on here lately

What's your mods and what stage are you running? Fuel?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #6534
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
BlueBimmer's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
I'll take a look later today.

There isn't much traction on here lately

What's your mods and what stage are you running? Fuel?
Thanks!! Only Cobb Stage 1 aggressive, a drop in K&N, 93 octane, new plugs, new oil &walnut blasting.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST