E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Favorite road for spirited driving around Philly



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Favorite road for spirited driving around Philly

If anybody has a favorite road for spirited driving within 30 mi radius around Philly please post it. I would like to find 5+ roads to take a nice scenic ride on a sunny day when the time allows.

The following info would be nice:
1. Approx length
2. Surface quality rating (1-10, 10=perfect, 1=1-2" bumps and/or holes)
3. Max speed allowed


Thanks
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
eric@h
eric@h's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
874
Posts

 
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokTurNaL 330i View Post
If anybody has a favorite road for spirited driving within 30 mi radius around Philly please post it. I would like to find 5+ roads to take a nice scenic ride on a sunny day when the time allows.

The following info would be nice:
1. Approx length
2. Surface quality rating (1-10, 10=perfect, 1=1-2" bumps and/or holes)
3. Max speed allowed


Thanks
Driving directions to Memorial Hall Recreation Center 3D
Via Kelly Dr, Kelly Dr, Kelly Dr, Lincoln Dr, Wissahickon Ave, W Walnut Ln, Henry Ave, Rock Hill Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, Martin Luther King Jr Dr - remove all

Philadelphia Museum of Art
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19130
1. Head southeast on Benjamin Franklin Pkwy toward Spring Garden St
0.2 mi
2. At the traffic circle, exit onto John B Kelly Dr
0.3 mi
3. Continue onto Kelly Dr
4.7 mi
4. Continue onto Lincoln Dr
1.5 mi
5. Slight right onto W Rittenhouse St
0.2 mi
6. Turn left onto Wissahickon Ave
0.3 mi
7. Turn left onto W Walnut Ln
0.4 mi
8. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Walnut Ln
0.6 mi
9. Turn right onto Henry Ave
0.8 mi
10. Turn left onto Leverington Ave
1.2 mi
11. Turn left onto Main St
0.2 mi
12. Turn right onto Green Ln
0.1 mi
13. Continue onto Belmont Ave
0.3 mi
14. Turn right onto Rock Hill Rd
0.6 mi
15. Turn right onto PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd
2.2 mi
16. Turn right to stay on PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd
1.5 mi
17. Turn left to stay on PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd
1.9 mi
18. Turn left onto Conshohocken State Rd/Crawford Ave
Continue to follow Crawford Ave
0.3 mi
19. Turn left onto Matsonford Rd
233 ft
20. Merge onto I-76 E via the ramp on the left to Philadelphia
7.6 mi
21. Take exit 339 to merge onto U.S. 1 S/City Ave
0.3 mi
22. Turn left onto Lincoln Green/Presidential Blvd
0.1 mi
23. Continue onto Neill Dr
0.5 mi
24. Continue straight onto Falls Rd
0.2 mi
25. Continue onto Martin Luther King Jr Dr
1.8 mi
26. Turn right onto Montgomery Dr
0.6 mi
27. Turn left onto Belmont Ave
0.5 mi
28. Turn right onto S Concourse St
Destination will be on the right
0.2 mi

Memorial Hall Recreation Center
43 South Concourse Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Save to My Maps

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Driving directions to Memorial Hall Recreation Center 3D
Via Kelly Dr, Kelly Dr, Kelly Dr, Lincoln Dr, Wissahickon Ave, W Walnut Ln, Henry Ave, Rock Hill Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, PA-23 W/Conshohocken State Rd, Martin Luther King Jr Dr - remove all
Thanks!

I will definitely check it out this wknd.
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner

Last edited by Smooth 330i; 11-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
BlueBimmer
Enthusiast
BlueBimmer's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (5)

Bucks County:

http://goo.gl/maps/JdnbM

Not sure if the link works - hit me up if it doesn't, the drive is very fun, as long as you don't get stuck behind granma or soccerma. Much better outcomes on weekday nights than on weekends but definately worth experience. Lots of windy roads and nice scenery. It's 47 miles but sometimes I only take one section back and forth (swamp or river rds are cool), it'll take you less than an hour minutes spirited. Pavement is mostly very good with minor bumps (train tracks)and speed limits vary and visibility is great (not so much on river road at night but that part of the fun).

Last edited by BlueBimmer; 11-15-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Smooth 330i
Major
Smooth 330i's Avatar
17
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
Bucks County:

http://goo.gl/maps/JdnbM

Not sure if the link works - hit me up if it doesn't, the drive is very fun, as long as you don't get stuck behind granma or soccerma. Much better outcomes on weekday nights than on weekends but definately worth experience. Lots of windy roads and nice scenery. It's 47 miles but sometimes I only take one section back and forth (swamp or river rds are cool), it'll take you less than an hour minutes spirited. Pavement is mostly very good with minor bumps (train tracks)and speed limits vary and visibility is great (not so much on river road at night but that part of the fun).
This looks great.

I have friends in Richboro, Tanyard Rd. area, and am always enjoying the back roads up there. Now my visits will be shorter :-)

Thanks!
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST