E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Stoptech pads and dust?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
andrew_b
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E93 N54
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lexington, KY

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Question Stoptech pads and dust?

Ok, I've ordered StopTech pads and a few people have told me I'm nuts because they dust just as badly as the old OEM pads (new OEM formula, from what I've heard, is much much imporved).

So, if you're running StopTech pads, hows the dust? Turner rates them as "some dust". The product propaganda says "dustless formula" or some such.

So folks who have them, chime in - dust, performance, thoughts, whatever....

thanks
__________________

2007 E93 N54

Last edited by andrew_b; 11-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.
andrew_b is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AST, Brembo, Eibach, H&R, GIAC, Koni, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag,

Posts: 10,828
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_b View Post
Ok, I've ordered StopTech pads and a few people have told me I'm nuts because they dust just as badly as the old OEM pads (new OEM formula, from what I've heard, is much much imporved).

So, if you're running StopTech pads, hows the dust? Turner rates them as "some dust". The product propaganda says "dustless formula" or some such.

So folks who have them, chime in - dust, performance, thoughts, whatever....

thanks
Street Performance pad has less dust than OE and so is everything else in their pads line up. Performance on the SP pads are better than OE at elevated temperatures.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 8,000
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
StopTech Street Performance pads dust quite a bit... maybe a little less than OEM but still a lot. Is dust your main concern or braking performance?
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
andrew_b
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E93 N54
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lexington, KY

Posts: 168
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Street Performance pad has less dust than OE and so is everything else in their pads line up. Performance on the SP pads are better than OE at elevated temperatures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
StopTech Street Performance pads dust quite a bit... maybe a little less than OEM but still a lot. Is dust your main concern or braking performance?
Thanks guys.

Dust is not my main concern - I was hoping to get at least a little less dust, similar or better initial bite, and better performance. Car won't be tracked a lot, but I do drive enthusiastically on windy back country roads, and was looking for something that was in the line of a "crossover" street/autocross/light track pad.

FWIW I also considered Akebono and Cool Carbons, but it seems like what I was reading was the StopTech had a little bit better performance. I suppose if I hate them I can always switch
__________________

2007 E93 N54
andrew_b is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
neilvosko
Major
 
neilvosko's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92 FBO
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: miami

Posts: 1,398
iTrader: (16)

I am running them and they are way better than OEM. You won't look back.
neilvosko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST