Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > run flat in the front but not the rear?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #45
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Ummmm, okay...

You are an idiot.

KTHXBYE
Damn your mad.

Good argument bud, how about give me just ONE example of an rft being better than it's non run flat counterpart. Don't call me an idiot when I'm the one that can give you all the examples of me being right. How many track guys have run flats? How about race cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Thats totally understood, but all that matters is the how much thread the wheel has, how much thread is touching the road, stickness of the tire, and the tire compound. What if the car it self is prone to over steer?

RFT only change the structure of how the tire is made. RFT are much heavier so they might not perform as well, but not a difference anyone can tell daily driving on it. Track is a different story.

Oem tires on m3 are RFT michelin pilot sport 2 and it handles amazing.
Thank you, you actually just made another point that could contribute to what I am saying. He has older run flats on the front that still have some life in them in the front, he is putting NEW tires in the rear that are more sticky in the first place. Stock M3's are big bags of understeer, but thats just cars nowadays. I do agree that rft's are totally fine/competent to do their job on the street, I disagree with you saying you won't be able to tell a difference. Remember this thread is about mixing the two. It is COMPLETELY fine to do so, anyone who says otherwise is either trying to sell you something or stupid.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #46
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

M3s do not come on runflats. But there probably isn't much room for boring facts in this scintillating conversation.
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #47
CombatNinja
Defender of the Universe
 
CombatNinja's Avatar
 
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United States

Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
He has older run flats on the front that still have some life in them in the front, he is putting NEW tires in the rear that are more sticky in the first place.
Where did the OP say which type of tire he would be fitting? It is mind-boggling that you think it is a given that any tire he fits will be "more sticky" than his stock tires. You cannot make that assumption.
CombatNinja is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #48
nixta325
First Lieutenant
 
nixta325's Avatar
 
Drives: LMB 335i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston

Posts: 377
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 335i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to nixta325 Send a message via Yahoo to nixta325
wow didnt think i was going to start a huge argument. i may just change all 4 tires to nitto invos and try and sell of my two front run flat tires
__________________
LeMans Blue 335i e92


Sold: JB 325xi e90
nixta325 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #49
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Where did the OP say which type of tire he would be fitting? It is mind-boggling that you think it is a given that any tire he fits will be "more sticky" than his stock tires. You cannot make that assumption.
God you F**&ing prima donna, how many people downgrade when a superior alternative is 2/3 the price.
__________________
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
AK 335i
Captain
 
AK 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

Posts: 981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixta325 View Post
wow didnt think i was going to start a huge argument. i may just change all 4 tires to nitto invos and try and sell of my two front run flat tires
you will be pleased with invos all the way around
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST - DYNO http://youtu.be/dj3xBsG14TE
AK 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST