Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 19x9.5 et 23 fits front?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
NSFW 335i's Avatar
15
Rep
559
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ny

iTrader: (7)

19x9.5 et 23 fits front?

I have an e92 and was wondering if 19x9.5 et23 will fit the front on our cars?
__________________
08 E92 335i AW Coral Red 6MT Fully Loaded|AA DP|BMS DCI|JB4 G5|Milltek full exhaust|SSK|Stett CP|Tial bov|Tinted window|HID Fogs|M3 Front|Mtech Rear|VMR V710|ACS pedals|V1 hardwired|BMW Performance Parts-Shift knob-Boot-E-Brake-SteeringWheel|CF Parts CSL trunk-V35 Hood-ACS roofspoiler|Red Pre-LCIs|Tow hook Plate|Clutch Stop|
<img src=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd468/dkhan22/no.jpg border=0 alt= />
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
klov335
Lieutenant
Canada
7
Rep
565
Posts

 
Drives: e90 lci n55 xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yellowknife, NT

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to klov335
I have e90 lci et20 with 235/35 tire 9" width
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
joec500
Brigadier General
46
Rep
3,004
Posts

 
Drives: it has 4 wheels
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
I have an e92 and was wondering if 19x9.5 et23 will fit the front on our cars?
If you don't like turning or taking bumps. You will break the plastic Fenders on E92's. I broke a fender with 19x9 ET 30, but i was lowered.
__________________
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
klov335
Lieutenant
Canada
7
Rep
565
Posts

 
Drives: e90 lci n55 xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yellowknife, NT

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to klov335
Oops nvm
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
ichi_ban
Major
13
Rep
1,006
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: FL

iTrader: (24)

It'll fit. I'm running 9.5+22 245/35, but it's really aggressive LOL but it fits
__________________
@FortumeMinds @ichi_ban
aG Automotive
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,404
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Here is few examples
http://illmotion.com/im-highlight-re...bmw-e92-328xi/

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=14

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736810
__________________

Last edited by MonacoBlueE90; 11-18-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
meza0531
Captain
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (6)

Huh, I have the same question, but with an 18" wheels, and 255 tire. Seems like it would work out about the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

I run 9.5" et19 with 225/40 lowered, no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meza0531 View Post
Huh, I have the same question, but with an 18" wheels, and 255 tire. Seems like it would work out about the same.
255 won't fit
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
meza0531
Captain
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I run 9.5" et19 with 225/40 lowered, no problems.

255 won't fit
Are you sure, because I am also running only an 18" rim with 255/35/18 tires. Seems like the other guys are having no problem with the 245 tire on a 19 rim. Isn't that essentially about the same, or actually even a little bit less?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meza0531 View Post
Are you sure, because I am also running only an 18" rim with 255/35/18 tires. Seems like the other guys are having no problem with the 245 tire on a 19 rim. Isn't that essentially about the same, or actually even a little bit less?
What?

255/35 on 18x9.5" et23 front will definitely rub if lowered and not cambered.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
meza0531
Captain
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
What?

255/35 on 18x9.5" et23 front will definitely rub if lowered and not cambered.
Doesn't only having an 18" rim give me more room though? Plus, I will be running Bilstien coilovers, so they are nice and firm but still ride great. I can get a smaller tire, thats no problem, or rolling the fenders is also only a few hours out of my day. Where are you thinking it will rub? On the top or sides of the fender well? Like I said, I can get new tires for the front, what would you recommend? Im thinkin 245 or maybe 235, but I really don't like the stretched look at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
HighPSI
Banned
3
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Will 17x8.5 et25 fit up front on 245s?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
PSUSMU
Captain
20
Rep
814
Posts

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meza0531 View Post
Doesn't only having an 18" rim give me more room though? Plus, I will be running Bilstien coilovers, so they are nice and firm but still ride great. I can get a smaller tire, thats no problem, or rolling the fenders is also only a few hours out of my day. Where are you thinking it will rub? On the top or sides of the fender well? Like I said, I can get new tires for the front, what would you recommend? Im thinkin 245 or maybe 235, but I really don't like the stretched look at all.
It doesn't matter if you have a 18" or 19" wheel... the overall rolling diameter of the tire is nearly the same because you use a different aspect ratio.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
meza0531
Captain
8
Rep
603
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
It doesn't matter if you have a 18" or 19" wheel... the overall rolling diameter of the tire is nearly the same because you use a different aspect ratio.
I would think that minus one inch of wheel would be like minus about 12 or so mm of "aspect ratio" Though I really have no idea what I am talking about. I think that with a 235 tire I will have no problem either way. Do you agree?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
2JZ-GTE
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

 
Drives: Tracked E46 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: King of Prussia

iTrader: (0)

Go with the aggressive look, you will not be disappointed. 235 or 245/35/19.

I have stretched 225s on a 9.5. The work fine without going flat due to bad roads.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST