E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Type of wood trim in e90 330i?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
thecadman99
First Lieutenant
thecadman99's Avatar
9
Rep
373
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i 6mt spt bk/bk
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Type of wood trim in e90 330i?

I have an entire wood interior for my non-idrive 330i that I'm going to put up for auction, but I don't know what to call it...

What kinds of wood trim were available in the 330?

I want to be sure my description is accurate...
Thanks
__________________
06 330i 6mt Spt- Eibach Springs, BMW Perf Susp, Supersprint Exhaust, BSW Audio
94 325i 5mt 4d- M3 springs/susp, Z3 wheels, Chipped, Intake, Exhaust= FUN!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
signman
Private
signman's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: westchester county ny

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
According to the spec on my car it's walnut
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Roowah
Captain
Roowah's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
810
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cambridge, MA

iTrader: (0)

Is it a dark wood or a lighter color that highlights the grain? If it's dark, then it's walnut, if it's light, then you have poplar.
__________________

2006 E90 330i 6MT: TiAg|Black Leather|Poplar Trim|Premium Package|Cold Weather Package
2003 E46 325i 5MT: Retired - The beginning of my BMW obsession!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecadman99 View Post
I have an entire wood interior for my non-idrive 330i that I'm going to put up for auction, but I don't know what to call it...

What kinds of wood trim were available in the 330?

I want to be sure my description is accurate...
Thanks
Old guy interior trim.............
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Alpine328
Member
Alpine328's Avatar
1
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Old guy interior trim.............



Ok, I'm no old guy (not super young either) but I don't get this. I love the look of wood trim. Looks classy.

Frankly, I think all that CF stuff looks cheap and artificial.


My two cents.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328 View Post
Ok, I'm no old guy (not super young either) but I don't get this. I love the look of wood trim. Looks classy.

Frankly, I think all that CF stuff looks cheap and artificial.


My two cents.
To each his own. Wood in reminds me of old Jags and Rollers (classy) and CF reminds me of race cars. Mine is full of CF......I'm 53.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
thecadman99
First Lieutenant
thecadman99's Avatar
9
Rep
373
Posts

 
Drives: e90 330i 6mt spt bk/bk
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
To each his own. Wood in reminds me of old Jags and Rollers (classy) and CF reminds me of race cars. Mine is full of CF......I'm 53.
41 here and love my CF. I'm just re-thinking selling my wood trim... if I ever want to sell my car it might be worth more with the wood, and I can always sell the CF kit I'm sure....

Dunno.... just dunno
__________________
06 330i 6mt Spt- Eibach Springs, BMW Perf Susp, Supersprint Exhaust, BSW Audio
94 325i 5mt 4d- M3 springs/susp, Z3 wheels, Chipped, Intake, Exhaust= FUN!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
ndog14
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
1,746
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

It took this many posts before?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecadman99 View Post
41 here and love my CF. I'm just re-thinking selling my wood trim... if I ever want to sell my car it might be worth more with the wood, and I can always sell the CF kit I'm sure....

Dunno.... just dunno
Hard to say. The CF was really expensive and I thought it would be a good selling feature because its different. people love it but it doesnt appear to add any value. I'm not a fan of wood in sports cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
calvinwu
Private
calvinwu's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
99
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angelas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [4.50]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [4.00]
I think mine would be walnut too =.=" Let's go for silver one~~
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
GoRomeo
Colonel
GoRomeo's Avatar
26
Rep
2,361
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [2.83]
Silver trim was the bomb for me when I bought my car back in early 06. Actually it was the first time I saw alumimum trim on a BMW. THe wood trim looks kind of boring and old to me. Looks good on Mercedez and Jaguars only. Just my 2 cents of course!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
signman
Private
signman's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: westchester county ny

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Silver trim was the bomb for me when I bought my car back in early 06. Actually it was the first time I saw alumimum trim on a BMW. THe wood trim looks kind of boring and old to me. Looks good on Mercedez and Jaguars only. Just my 2 cents of course!
when i bought my car, i drove many hours to see three different
06 330i's. the one i have is the cleanest but it had the wood trim. i plan on changing it to silver. Or possibly vinyl wrapping it. I hate the wood, but im getting used to it....
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST