E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #6579
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbell77 View Post
How does Cobb work with something like the BMS can tool?
I would think there is no relation?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #6580
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
 
Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

Posts: 501
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
How does my log look?
FBO, STG 2 FMIC ST (v4.02)? running 91+e85
Fairly new turbos about 2.5-3k on them.
3rd gear pull
Attached Files
File Type: txt datalog1txt.txt (26.2 KB, 50 views)
__________________
Evil///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #6581
Ćnema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
How does my log look?
FBO, STG 2 FMIC ST (v4.02)? running 91+e85
Fairly new turbos about 2.5-3k on them.
3rd gear pull
That is a VERY good looking log
You should add STFTs and LTFTs to be sure your trims are in good shape. However, your AFRs are good so your trims aren't maxxed.

The only thing i see that isn't perfect is that you are having a slight overboost condition between 3600rpms and 4100rpms, however it wasn't enough to cause a dip in TPS so i wouldn't worry about but I would keep an eye on that in future logs just to be sure.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #6582
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
 
Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

Posts: 501
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ćnema View Post
That is a VERY good looking log
You should add STFTs and LTFTs to be sure your trims are in good shape. However, your AFRs are good so your trims aren't maxxed.

The only thing i see that isn't perfect is that you are having a slight overboost condition between 3600rpms and 4100rpms, however it wasn't enough to cause a dip in TPS so i wouldn't worry about but I would keep an eye on that in future logs just to be sure.
Thanks! What should I remove from the log to make room for LTFT and STFT?

I may switch back to the e30 map and get a few logs in a few days, now that the v4.03 map is available.

OH! and I forgot to say I'm in Denver so I'm at about 5400 elevation?
__________________
Evil///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #6583
Ćnema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Thanks! What should I remove from the log to make room for LTFT and STFT?

I may switch back to the e30 map and get a few logs in a few days, now that the v4.03 map is available.

OH! and I forgot to say I'm in Denver so I'm at about 5400 elevation?
You should have room for 2 more channels so just add STFT bank 1 and LTFT bank 1. If you don't have room then you could switch out timing corrections on cyl 2 and 4.

At that elevation your log looked good, no problem hitting req boost with plenty of WGDC to spare.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #6584
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
 
Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

Posts: 501
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ćnema View Post
You should have room for 2 more channels so just add STFT bank 1 and LTFT bank 1. If you don't have room then you could switch out timing corrections on cyl 2 and 4.

At that elevation your log looked good, no problem hitting req boost with plenty of WGDC to spare.
Well thanks, thats good to hear. Especially considering my new-ish turbo's are already starting to slightly rattle, mainly on cold startup. Is that normal? Once the engine runs for a minute it goes away. I would have figured they would have gotten a lot more miles before I heard any kind of rattling.

I'll get a few more logs over the next few days.

Thanks
__________________
Evil///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #6585
Ćnema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Well thanks, thats good to hear. Especially considering my new-ish turbo's are already starting to slightly rattle, mainly on cold startup. Is that normal? Once the engine runs for a minute it goes away. I would have figured they would have gotten a lot more miles before I heard any kind of rattling.

I'll get a few more logs over the next few days.

Thanks
Unfortunately, the WG rattle is normalish with catless DPs. Mine have rattled during startup but stopped immediately after for +20K miles(that's when i installed catless DPs, they probably were doing that before then.)
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #6586
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
How does my log look?
FBO, STG 2 FMIC ST (v4.02)? running 91+e85
Fairly new turbos about 2.5-3k on them.
3rd gear pull
  1. AFRs look good
  2. ZERO Timing Corrections
  3. Next time you take a log, try to stretch it from 2.5k-6.25k if you can

I'd also recommend you switch which cylinder you're logging the timing off of from Cylinder 1 to Cylinder 3-5. Cylinder 1 is on the end of the block & tends to be a less accurate representation then cylinders closer to the TB.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #6587
eriktufa
3r1k
 
eriktufa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Just installed VRSF Down Pipe and put Stage 2 Tune Aggressive.

It feels slower for some reasons.

Attached Datalog Stage 1 and Stage 2.

Just confused :S

I used Virtual Dyno to measure HP and it is less than before (I know this is not the holy grail but it is a good tool for comparison)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Erik Down Pipe Stage2 Aggressive.zip (5.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: zip Erik Stage1 Aggresive.zip (8.2 KB, 19 views)
__________________
12.836 @ 109.75mph (Cobb - Accessport & VRSF DP)
eriktufa is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #6588
Ćnema
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
Just installed VRSF Down Pipe and put Stage 2 Tune Aggressive.

It feels slower for some reasons.

Attached Datalog Stage 1 and Stage 2.

Just confused :S

I used Virtual Dyno to measure HP and it is less than before (I know this is not the holy grail but it is a good tool for comparison)
Well, both sets of datalogs(stage 1 and 2) looked really good. I recommend resetting to the default logging channels, the way you have it shows only cyl timing on on the stage 2 logs(it's easy enough to tell if your having corrections but not as easy as with the timing correction channels.)

As far as comparing the two: Stage 2 runs more boost in the mids than stage 1. The stage 2 datalogs have higher CATs, high enough to trigger the CAT correction table so your timing isn't as good as it could be. That means that the timing on stage 1 and stage 2 looks really similar. On a cold night the timing on stage 2 will look better.

There's not really a BIG difference beyween stage 1 and 2 to begin with(with the exception that stage 2 should put down more torque in the low-mid range RPMS) and with those CATs on stage 2 it's even less of a difference. The car should still be a little quicker on stage 2.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #6589
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
 
Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

Posts: 501
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
Just installed VRSF Down Pipe and put Stage 2 Tune Aggressive.

It feels slower for some reasons.

Attached Datalog Stage 1 and Stage 2.

Just confused :S

I used Virtual Dyno to measure HP and it is less than before (I know this is not the holy grail but it is a good tool for comparison)
Reset ECU learning. The car still has to relearn itself. Drive it around a bit, do some pulls and let it sit for a bit.

This happened to me when I first switched to the e30 tune. Felt like crap at first, then I drove it the next morning and BAM!!
__________________

Last edited by Evil///M; 11-25-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Evil///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #6590
eriktufa
3r1k
 
eriktufa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Resert ECU learning. The car still has to relearn itself. Drive it around a bit, do some pulls and let it sit for a bit.

This happened to me when I first switched to the e30 tune. Felt like crap at first, then I drove it the next morning and BAM!!
I uploaded ST map as I think it's better overall, Reset ECU, drove the car and did 2nd gear run again.

First run, there is a timing pull on 1st Cylinder. Second run, timing pull on 2nd Cylinder.

Not sure :S

Overall I think you guys are correct. Top end is the same however there is more torque down low around 3000-4000ish rpm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Erik Datalog Downpipe Stage 2 Aggressive ST.zip (3.2 KB, 23 views)
__________________
12.836 @ 109.75mph (Cobb - Accessport & VRSF DP)
eriktufa is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #6591
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
 
Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 719/856

Posts: 501
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
I uploaded ST map as I think it's better overall, Reset ECU, drove the car and did 2nd gear run again.

First run, there is a timing pull on 1st Cylinder. Second run, timing pull on 2nd Cylinder.

Not sure :S

Overall I think you guys are correct. Top end is the same however there is more torque down low around 3000-4000ish rpm.
What fuel are you using?
__________________
Evil///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #6592
eriktufa
3r1k
 
eriktufa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

I always use 98 RON (93 PON equivalent).

PS: I just put in new oil filter, engine oil (Liqui Moly 5w-30) and transmission oil
__________________
12.836 @ 109.75mph (Cobb - Accessport & VRSF DP)
eriktufa is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #6593
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
08 335i coupe, Cobb ap stage 1+ ST aggressive v401, Ets 5 fmic, Stett Cai, Bsh Occ, Helix Bov.

can anybody help me reading logs? i searched and downloaded virtual dyno program and dont know exactly what to look. can you guys check my log out if its okay or bad just for this time please?

datalog17.zip
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #6594
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
08 335i coupe, Cobb ap stage 1+ ST aggressive v401, Ets 5 fmic, Stett Cai, Bsh Occ, Helix Bov.

can anybody help me reading logs? i searched and downloaded virtual dyno program and dont know exactly what to look. can you guys check my log out if its okay or bad just for this time please?

Attachment 788016
I can take a look later, in the meantime read this it will help you. What fuel?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 11-25-2012 at 12:57 PM.
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #6595
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
I always use 98 RON (93 PON equivalent).

PS: I just put in new oil filter, engine oil (Liqui Moly 5w-30) and transmission oil
You mean 93-94 AKI equivalent
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #6596
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I can take a look later, in the meantime read this it will help you. What fuel?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472
umm fuel type? 93
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #6597
eriktufa
3r1k
 
eriktufa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
You mean 93-94 AKI equivalent
Yes That's Correct, 93 for people who lives in US.
__________________
12.836 @ 109.75mph (Cobb - Accessport & VRSF DP)
eriktufa is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #6598
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
08 335i coupe, Cobb ap stage 1+ ST aggressive v401, Ets 5 fmic, Stett Cai, Bsh Occ, Helix Bov.

can anybody help me reading logs? i searched and downloaded virtual dyno program and dont know exactly what to look. can you guys check my log out if its okay or bad just for this time please?

Attachment 788016
from what I could tell looks pretty good. to be sure do this:

try to just do a 3rd Gear Log, WOT from 2500 RPM to redline or 6500 RPM. go through 4th for a bit. read that link I posted, it will help you help us.

this will also clean up graphs and charts when using VD or Excel Grapher.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #6599
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
Yes That's Correct, 93 for people who lives in US.
but somehow i feel your 98 Ron is still better than 93 AKI.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #6600
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Resert ECU learning. The car still has to relearn itself. Drive it around a bit, do some pulls and let it sit for a bit.

This happened to me when I first switched to the e30 tune. Felt like crap at first, then I drove it the next morning and BAM!!
+1,

gotta have a few WOT pulls before the car is fully adapted to the new tune.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST