E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > quick jb4 question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

quick question

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
idnan
Major
idnan's Avatar
England
19
Rep
1,472
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Birmingham

iTrader: (9)

Have you got a USB cable connected? Easiest way to check is connecting it to the JB4 interface and looking in the specific menu. The fact it is auto shouldn't make much of a difference once you are moving.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
phil200tdi
Colonel
phil200tdi's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
2,635
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (1)

Turn on gauge hijacking so you can see boost on the dash board (fuel gauge is my preferred position). With your mods, I'd expect to be hitting 15-16psi.

Ensure the car is warmed up, JB4 will target stock boost until up to a safe temperature. Mine take 5 or 6 miles to reach this temperature.. I have activated the flash hazards on warm up option.
__________________
Car: 2010 Jaguar XFR (Stock - For now)
Gone but not forgotten: Highly Modified E90 335i LCI M Sport Manual (circa 480BHP/500lb ft)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Come to the BMW meet on the 25th and you can check then?
With those bolt ons you should def be grinning from ear to ear.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,419
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Are there any private roads around london?...I'd love to come and watch!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Are there any private roads around london?...I'd love to come and watch!...
i know a good strech ....it's just over 400 metres.....there's a fake roundabout at one end as well.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Where abouts?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
doughboy
Major General
doughboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
6,384
Posts

 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

With those mods OP you should be manically wheelspinning into oblivion if you're flat out in 1st and 2nd, i can't even pass 1/4 throttle in the damp/wet without spinning up.

When you say 'quick off the line' I hope you have DTC on, if you haven't pressed the DTC button, then traction control will be raining it all in and making it very 'normal' (often without flashing the tell tale light)

Try DTC short press (you can set the JB4 to automatically do that for you). I always run with DTC on, really takes the shackles off the motor.

Also remember oil has to be warm before JB4 will give higher than stock boost (you can set the JB4 to flash your dash indicator lamps to tell you when the oil is warm enough)
__________________
335i gone E63 AMG here at last!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
doughboy
Major General
doughboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
6,384
Posts

 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G View Post
i've noticed some people have run map 7 with shell v power/tesco 99? is that safe?
could try that and see how much more boost i get. will the ets intercooler give enough safety?
Map 7 needs 100 US Octane (AKI) fuel.

That is about 105 European Octane (RON)

V power is only 99RON, so way short of the 105 minimum for map 7.
__________________
335i gone E63 AMG here at last!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
phil200tdi
Colonel
phil200tdi's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
2,635
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G
okay, hijacked the guages,
around 15psi in approx 1st/2nd gear. then drops to 10-11psi after that
Put it on map 2

Does it hold 14.5psi?

You could also guage hijack "under/over boost" on the oil guage. If you are under or over target likely to be a boost leak, vacuum or wastegate issue.

Also put all the jb4 settings back to standard (as per n54 tech) and reset adaptions..

Did you read up on the open fuel loop mapping issue?
__________________
Car: 2010 Jaguar XFR (Stock - For now)
Gone but not forgotten: Highly Modified E90 335i LCI M Sport Manual (circa 480BHP/500lb ft)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
phil200tdi
Colonel
phil200tdi's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
2,635
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
Put it on map 2

Does it hold 14.5psi?

You could also guage hijack "under/over boost" on the oil guage. If you are under or over target likely to be a boost leak, vacuum or wastegate issue.

Also put all the jb4 settings back to standard (as per n54 tech) and reset adaptions..

Did you read up on the open fuel loop mapping issue?
i haven't changed any of the jb4 settings bar hijacking the fuel guage and having it in map 5. the adaptations were reset when the car was picked up from the garage.-darren woods
will try the under/over boost function - 2-4?
i guess it's also doing afr on oil - 7-7; as i can see oil temps/coolant temps on my steering wheel.

what's the open fuel loop mapping issue?

Ah but you haven't managed to connect a laptop.

You need to do this to see how it's currently setup.

Can't see why you would have trouble connecting, is it a com port issue?
__________________
Car: 2010 Jaguar XFR (Stock - For now)
Gone but not forgotten: Highly Modified E90 335i LCI M Sport Manual (circa 480BHP/500lb ft)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,419
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G View Post
car has DSC off and DTC on. iene short press of the button. oil temps were around 90-100c
You need to get all aids completely off...i.e press the button for like 5 secs....

1 short press DTC is not enough and the traction control will still kick in...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,419
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G View Post
i know a good strech ....it's just over 400 metres.....there's a fake roundabout at one end as well.
sweet....


where abouts is it?...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
Siren_G
Private First Class
Siren_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: e92 09 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

.
__________________
2013 BMW F31 335D X-DRIVE

Last edited by Siren_G; 12-04-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #22
phil200tdi
Colonel
phil200tdi's Avatar
United Kingdom
47
Rep
2,635
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aylesbury

iTrader: (1)

Are you down loading the interface from here:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10605
__________________
Car: 2010 Jaguar XFR (Stock - For now)
Gone but not forgotten: Highly Modified E90 335i LCI M Sport Manual (circa 480BHP/500lb ft)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST