E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From 335d to e92 m3 build thread.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #67
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Ebbbay. £25 inc delivery. ( search e92 alcantara). Second set I've had. Choice of colours and stitching. Only prob is you need to butcher your originals as need the plastic fittings. Had no issue on my naff 335 plasticky ones but not going to butcher my m3 ones!
I typed in e92 alacantra but only real one that shows up is the weighted manual knob from bmw direct.. am I missing something?
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #68
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Ebbbay. £25 inc delivery. ( search e92 alcantara). Second set I've had. Choice of colours and stitching. Only prob is you need to butcher your originals as need the plastic fittings. Had no issue on my naff 335 plasticky ones but not going to butcher my m3 ones!
I typed in e92 alacantra but only real one that shows up is the weighted manual knob from bmw direct.. am I missing something?
Are you after the gear gaiter and handbrake cover? More come up with e90.

Noticed in your reply you spelt alcantara wrong? May be worth checking. Should see for £24.99 for both. If colours required not listed just mail them. They do all colours. Think they are called ' Top Gaitors'

If you want pm me and I'll send you link.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #69
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Thanks man, yeah misspelt accidentally Found Top Gaitors but the price is 29.99 - still not bad for 100% alcantara custom made handbrake and gear gaitor...

Did u have to email them asking for your orange specific stitching btw?

Thanks man!!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #70
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Def £ 24.99. Here's an item number, Item #: 280601000859

Loads if different colours listed, but if colour not listed just mail them.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #71
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Thanks buddy, mailed them last night and they responded immediately! Will now think about coloubr combo.. hard when everything is black inside and the outside is silver...

Thinking orange stitching and black same as yours as it would match the orange interior lights but don't want it to look out of place lol on a non M car..
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #72
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Thanks buddy, mailed them last night and they responded immediately! Will now think about coloubr combo.. hard when everything is black inside and the outside is silver...

Thinking orange stitching and black same as yours as it would match the orange interior lights but don't want it to look out of place lol on a non M car..
Think of you went orange you may need a splash of it elsewhere? Silver stitching looks nice maybe?
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #73
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Yeahhh that's what I thought... I am/was planning on gettnig my enginr cover coated in orange colour to make a bit of a bold statement but might put off future potential buyers LOL...
Any other combo u think would suit dude?
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #74
skelts
Lieutenant
 
skelts's Avatar
 
Drives: E63 M6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 503
iTrader: (1)

I'd say silver stitching too
skelts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #75
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Yeahhh that's what I thought... I am/was planning on gettnig my enginr cover coated in orange colour to make a bit of a bold statement but might put off future potential buyers LOL...
Any other combo u think would suit dude?
Snap regarding engine cover. Im planning on few orange bits ( calipers / engine cover/ wheels centres / interior stitching and getting some custom made stickers for the oem m badges that have a white / black / orange strip ///M

Just boy sure about shade of orange yet, matt, satin, bright gloss?

Well that's the current plan anyway!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #76
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelts View Post
I'd say silver stitching too
Yeah, nice and subtle yet different! For me orange would stand out and if no plans on splashing orange here and there, no point on getting orange stitching IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Snap regarding engine cover. Im planning on few orange bits ( calipers / engine cover/ wheels centres / interior stitching and getting some custom made stickers for the oem m badges that have a white / black / orange strip ///M

Just boy sure about shade of orange yet, matt, satin, bright gloss?

Well that's the current plan anyway!
Yes Sir! For an M3, esp in black, I would certainly love to see that contrast! I was deliberating on painting mine orange (brakes) but decided to stay silver (hubs and calipers).. so I might go for a mixed orange silver engine cover and stay silver stitching inside lol...

Seriously looking forward to your build dude!!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #77
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
 
chaz_master's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 231
iTrader: (0)

Both sick cars.

Now you have a real M you can take that ugly M badge off the 335D!
chaz_master is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #78
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master
Both sick cars.

Now you have a real M you can take that ugly M badge off the 335D!
Lol. Kinda like it still. Adds to the rear without slapping on a m3 badge! Looks empty with nothing on!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #79
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.
 
old grey steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

Posts: 1,090
iTrader: (2)

You don't mess about NickCarbon Stuff that you've just bought looks I dare say that this time next year if not sooner this M3's gonna look awesome.

Finally re the steering wheel you were right its bloody ace
old grey steve is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #80
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Nick where did you buy the steering wheel from bud if you don't mind me asking too lol!!!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #81
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Pleased your happy with wheel Steve. Awb - eBay.

Well spent the day getting ready for a little meet in Essex. (See other thread).

A couple of extra bits done. Main one being the induction kit is on.









Put my small number plates on, some black badges, and covered the chrome grill in black cf wrap as a temp measure. Also popped on a set of cf wing vents covers as a temp measure.



Not sure if I like the badges on this colour but should suit when the colour changes!





Both temp additions.



A new conti that holds air!

Also picked this up a a jolly nice fellow cutter ( hi Jamie) a miltek cat back exhaust.



Then to a friendly car wash for a quick once over and a 80 mile blast down to lakeside. Met some good lads. Few pics will be posted soon of our get together.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #82
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,687
iTrader: (3)

Oh Wow! Looking crazy there brotha! Loving the finer touches!
__________________
BMW E92 335D | The Custom Cars
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #83
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Nick, I don't understand, you seem to do a lot of mods that look really great may I add but then state they are temp? Can't see why you would not be happy with what you have done as it looks great.
Love your alloys but not sure on the pulled tyre look [ personal taste ] probably because I thought the BBS 20" LM's are the daddy. Keep up the great work though.
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #84
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwp4me
Nick, I don't understand, you seem to do a lot of mods that look really great may I add but then state they are temp? Can't see why you would not be happy with what you have done as it looks great.
Love your alloys but not sure on the pulled tyre look [ personal taste ] probably because I thought the BBS 20" LM's are the daddy. Keep up the great work though.
The main reason is i know exactly what mods I want and want to get the right parts eg correct weave on carbon, eg I want the front kidney grills, but as I don't like chrome it took 20mins to wrap. The cf side grills are a bad fit but I had them in the garage so until I source matching ones of good quality in 1:1 weave the are a temp fix.

Everything's coming off when it's wrapped so no big hassle.

Tyres a personal taste, but it's my thing!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #85
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
The main reason is i know exactly what mods I want and want to get the right parts eg correct weave on carbon, eg I want the front kidney grills, but as I don't like chrome it took 20mins to wrap. The cf side grills are a bad fit but I had them in the garage so until I source matching ones of good quality in 1:1 weave the are a temp fix.

Everything's coming off when it's wrapped so no big hassle.

Tyres a personal taste, but it's my thing!
Oh got you now. Yeh the tyres, I'm certainly not saying I do not like I just, rightly or wrongly, keep comparing everything to the LM's which are drop dead gorgeous. IMHO. Have you decided on a wrap colour?
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwp4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
The main reason is i know exactly what mods I want and want to get the right parts eg correct weave on carbon, eg I want the front kidney grills, but as I don't like chrome it took 20mins to wrap. The cf side grills are a bad fit but I had them in the garage so until I source matching ones of good quality in 1:1 weave the are a temp fix.

Everything's coming off when it's wrapped so no big hassle.

Tyres a personal taste, but it's my thing!
Oh got you now. Yeh the tyres, I'm certainly not saying I do not like I just, rightly or wrongly, keep comparing everything to the LM's which are drop dead gorgeous. IMHO. Have you decided on a wrap colour?
When the cars is finished im looking for different style so looking to mix it up!

Decided in this colour..



Only other mod that I can remember say was temp was wheels?! These will be upgraded to genuine bbs ch-r in 20's but going to get through winter first!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #87
skelts
Lieutenant
 
skelts's Avatar
 
Drives: E63 M6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 503
iTrader: (1)

One thing you will learn about Nick when you meet him is that he is anal as in a perfectionist.

The mods he has planned are awesome and the colour scheme not the actual wrap but the little extras is different but if done well is a winner
skelts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #88
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelts
One thing you will learn about Nick when you meet him is that he is anal as in a perfectionist.

The mods he has planned are awesome and the colour scheme not the actual wrap but the little extras is different but if done well is a winner
Wondered where you were going with the anal thing! I have a wife you know(!), but you pulled it back with the perfectionist bit. Great meeting you btw. Like your style!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST