E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Shift Sector Single Turbo Vids?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #177
Wedge1967
Colonel
 
Wedge1967's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 2,173
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal335xi View Post
Sarcasm/joke...don't get your panties in a bunch, you might get a "Wedge"-e

And at making a bad 'rep', on this forum I'm small potatoes to the known heavy weights.
Sarcasm and jokes aside, there are those who do and those who just talk about things and ultimately those who do what you did really don't have a clue anyway. (btw, I hear Walmart has them on sale black Friday if you go stand in line for them. *Sarcasm* Clue's that is...)

I don't know what tune you're running and honestly, I don't care. You need to remember this is a forum and we don't always get your sarcasm so be prepared to get flamed by making stupid comments like you did.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #178
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Sikh, you are saying not to use the a,b,c strategy, yet in the same post mentioning wedge vs terry run, which was badly botched use my run with wedge as an example instead, it was a pretty clean run... Terry vs e63 was also a clean run, and me vs e63 have had multiple clean runs. Which leads me to believe that terry would put bus length on wedge in a clean run. Again, can't stress enough that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHOSE CAR IS FASTER, WE DO THIS FOR FUN AND SHOULD SHOW MUTUAL RESPECT! Everybody was very cool at the event, so i dont understand why some guys are getting keyboard happy as soon as they're out of sight... Dont worry, be happy
+1

I like your attitude.

Side note, are both your hood and trunk cf? How much weight does it save?

Thanks.
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
CaptainInsano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #179
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Peninsula, SF Bay Area

Posts: 320
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
From his post Terry said he turned down the boost to only 18psi on his second run with Wedge and he still walked away easily from the video. Terry makes 520rw at full boost but at 18psi only 475rw. Wedge makes 450rw. So the results make sense. This is the video of that run. Terry doesn't even start until a few cars after the cones as he is waiting for Wedge to catch up.



Now what doesn't make sense to me is that Shiv with 800rw is only 2-3 cars ahead of Longboarder, and that Longboarder beat CaptainInsano with 700rw. Both are two well running manual transmission cars. None of the automatic problems with those? Yet Longboarder lost to the tuned E63 and barely beat the two other RB cars there by maybe 1-2 cars at most. So forgetting about the automatics that make less HP and were having problems even the high HP single turbo cars seemed not much faster than the RB cars making 100-200hp less on the dyno.

Regardless I hope you get the trans problems figured out and I'm looking forward to seeing how single turbo automatics run at the track!

Mike
Dude it's completely random. I didn't burn out first and got wheelspin, and he jumped the line. The outcome of each race was determined by a number of variables, including who was on the inside track, if someone mis-shifts, etc. I wouldn't look too much into it. Also, I don't have 700whp lol. Yet.
__________________
FFTEC 6466 6mt 335i | FFTEC GTX3076R Evo IX
CaptainInsano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #180
Dmacc
Colonel
 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 2,615
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
From his post Terry said he turned down the boost to only 18psi on his second run with Wedge and he still walked away easily from the video. Terry makes 520rw at full boost but at 18psi only 475rw. Wedge makes 450rw. So the results make sense. This is the video of that run. Terry doesn't even start until a few cars after the cones as he is waiting for Wedge to catch up.



Now what doesn't make sense to me is that Shiv with 800rw is only 2-3 cars ahead of Longboarder, and that Longboarder beat CaptainInsano with 700rw. Both are two well running manual transmission cars. None of the automatic problems with those? Yet Longboarder lost to the tuned E63 and barely beat the two other RB cars there by maybe 1-2 cars at most. So forgetting about the automatics that make less HP and were having problems even the high HP single turbo cars seemed not much faster than the RB cars making 100-200hp less on the dyno.

Regardless I hope you get the trans problems figured out and I'm looking forward to seeing how single turbo automatics run at the track!

Mike
Dude it's completely random. I didn't burn out first and got wheelspin, and he jumped the line. The outcome of each race was determined by a number of variables, including who was on the inside track, if someone mis-shifts, etc. I wouldn't look too much into it. Also, I don't have 700whp lol. Yet.
+1 if you were not at the event, there are a number of variables that you might not know about that came into play, the Inside lane was a huge b*tch trying to get traction in, and the whole taking the turn and matching speeds is what messed most people up during the day.

We need another event!!
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Dmacc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #181
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
My point simply is don't assume the results will be the same if two cars that ran a mutual car showed specific results. I think we are agreeing on this based in what you have wrote.

But just to be clear Terry ran Wedge two times. And the 2nd time he got a Hugh jump at the start by about 6 cars. I would back away from uour assumption as they did have two runs with similar results despite Terry's jump on run 2
From his post Terry said he turned down the boost to only 18psi on his second run with Wedge and he still walked away easily from the video. Terry makes 520rw at full boost but at 18psi only 475rw. Wedge makes 450rw. So the results make sense. This is the video of that run. Terry doesn't even start until a few cars after the cones as he is waiting for Wedge to catch up.



Now what doesn't make sense to me is that Shiv with 800rw is only 2-3 cars ahead of Longboarder, and that Longboarder beat CaptainInsano with 700rw. Both are two well running manual transmission cars. None of the automatic problems with those? Yet Longboarder lost to the tuned E63 and barely beat the two other RB cars there by maybe 1-2 cars at most. So forgetting about the automatics that make less HP and were having problems even the high HP single turbo cars seemed not much faster than the RB cars making 100-200hp less on the dyno.

Regardless I hope you get the trans problems figured out and I'm looking forward to seeing how single turbo automatics run at the track!

Mike
Why would he dial down boost????
Why would he jump the launch????
The correct answer would have been his Trans was shit!!!!!!!!
Either way your missing my point if you saw the videos from the first event where Shivs car was only running 580whp and beat the Ferrari 458 you should know that there were other variable with the two runs you mentioned. I don't even know why you are talking you weren't there and don't have a horse in the race, not to mention your a vendor arguing with a consumer about another vendor.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #182
AK 335i
Major
 
AK 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (0)

at the end of the day any 335/135 running 11s or better, has very little chance of losing a race around town in the daily driving around sense. Even though we have limited data, the ST guys surely would run 11s if not low 11s without much problem on street tires. We are all quite fast and some are faster, that will always be the case. We are all N54 guys, so any N54 win should be applauded.
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
AK 335i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #183
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi1gj
at the end of the day any 335/135 running 11s or better, has very little chance of losing a race around town in the daily driving around sense. Even though we have limited data, the ST guys surely would run 11s if not low 11s without much problem on street tires. We are all quite fast and some are faster, that will always be the case. We are all N54 guys, so any N54 win should be applauded.
+1
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #184
Sick335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Sikh, you are saying not to use the a,b,c strategy, yet in the same post mentioning wedge vs terry run, which was badly botched use my run with wedge as an example instead, it was a pretty clean run... Terry vs e63 was also a clean run, and me vs e63 have had multiple clean runs. Which leads me to believe that terry would put bus length on wedge in a clean run. Again, can't stress enough that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHOSE CAR IS FASTER, WE DO THIS FOR FUN AND SHOULD SHOW MUTUAL RESPECT! Everybody was very cool at the event, so i dont understand why some guys are getting keyboard happy as soon as they're out of sight... Dont worry, be happy
+1

I like your attitude.

Side note, are both your hood and trunk cf? How much weight does it save?

Thanks.
Yup! But i think the trunk is actually slowing me down at top speeds by acting like an air brake! Check out the amuse carbon fiber trunk. Looks like it would work great for track, not so much straight line top speed...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Sick335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #185
Dave W.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
+1 if you were not at the event, there are a number of variables that you might not know about that came into play, the Inside lane was a huge b*tch trying to get traction in, and the whole taking the turn and matching speeds is what messed most people up during the day.

We need another event!!
Agree! When's the next event?

For all the guys who weren't at the event you should know that the right lane was the slow lane on Saturday by late afternoon. A car spun out just after the starting cones and threw a bunch of dust and sand in the lane. After the spinout I could see when a car lost traction and spun it's tires since there would be a faint cloud of tan dust kicked up behind the car. Racing kept going until sundown on Sat, and the track cooled off. During the day it was around 65*, by the end of the day it was around 45* and nearly everyone was spinning their tires.

It was a great weekend of racing, it just wasn't perfect for making comparisons. Hopefully my car will be up and running for the next event.
Dave W. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #186
HPF 335i #1
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6AT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ft. Riley Kansas

Posts: 887
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Hey man, checked out your ride on the rack at HPF yesterday. Looks sick. If you're coming to Portland when you get back, let me know. I'll drive over to visit when you pick your car up.

Thanks for checking out my car man! I only get pictures. The red wheels are going away though. I am also getting the car repainted, with no CF showing but maybe the vents.

Also, I moved to Kansas last winter so I wont be around when she is done, sorry. HPF will send the car when i return back to the states next summer. That also means HPF will have the next 6-7 months of straight tuning and further development before its handed over to me. Which I like.

I think the twin scroll is going to make a major power curve and run very well. It will also be running port injection with direct injection completely shut off. But I don’t think all of the cars will be the same.

However, ill be more than happy to come out to any events in Kansas? Anyone? Lol.
__________________
FFTEC Single Turbo, HPF FMIC, HPF OCC, HPF Exhaust, KW V1, M3 Front & Rear Roll Bars, M3 Control Arms, Rear Toe Arms, M3 Sub Bushings, WT LSD, VMR 710s, Stop Tech Brakes, AEM Boost Pods, CF Boot Lid, Vented CF Hood, M-Tech Front, Aluminum Pedals, LED Shifter, Mat Black front Grill.
HPF 335i #1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #187
Sick335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

Hey Sikh,

Have you guys had any progress with the 5th gear?
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Sick335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #188
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335
Hey Sikh,

Have you guys had any progress with the 5th gear?
The holidays are slowing us down, we are hopping for something in the coming weeks.

Sikh
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #189
Sick335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335
Hey Sikh,

Have you guys had any progress with the 5th gear?
The holidays are slowing us down, we are hopping for something in the coming weeks.

Sikh
U guys fixing thru tuning on did u take the tranny apart?
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Sick335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #190
HPF 335i #1
Captain
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6AT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ft. Riley Kansas

Posts: 887
iTrader: (0)

Trans Updates?
__________________
FFTEC Single Turbo, HPF FMIC, HPF OCC, HPF Exhaust, KW V1, M3 Front & Rear Roll Bars, M3 Control Arms, Rear Toe Arms, M3 Sub Bushings, WT LSD, VMR 710s, Stop Tech Brakes, AEM Boost Pods, CF Boot Lid, Vented CF Hood, M-Tech Front, Aluminum Pedals, LED Shifter, Mat Black front Grill.
HPF 335i #1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #191
Sick335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

Not yet
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Sick335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #192
Dave W.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

I don't know about you guys, but I've been working on a big fat turkey all weekend.
Dave W. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #193
Fully_Bolted
Banned
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 443
iTrader: (0)

It's been a few weeks, I take it we aren't going to see any single turbo videos? Did shiv not race anyone?
Fully_Bolted is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #194
turb0mike
First Lieutenant ///M killer
 
turb0mike's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i Racecar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,679
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [4.45]
I love how all the arguing is over straight line driving. How can you talk shit about putting your foot to the ground? Do the cars give a fuck? Nope. I like the popcorn though. Keep it going!

P.S. As much as I hate to admit it, I will probably be at the next airstrip attack, hahahaha.
__________________

- turb0mike -
turb0mike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #195
Sick335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 895
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0mike View Post
I love how all the arguing is over straight line driving. How can you talk shit about putting your foot to the ground? Do the cars give a fuck? Nope. I like the popcorn though. Keep it going!

P.S. As much as I hate to admit it, I will probably be at the next airstrip attack, hahahaha.
Secretly you love putting the pedal to the metal
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Sick335 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #196
DallasBoosted
Captain
 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Secretly you love putting the pedal to the metal
No doubt, but the amount of teeth-gnashing going on over straight line racing is astounding. Not to mention the money spent.

The curious absence of single turbo videos is pretty shady though.
DallasBoosted is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #197
SIKH335
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 969
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Secretly you love putting the pedal to the metal
No doubt, but the amount of teeth-gnashing going on over straight line racing is astounding. Not to mention the money spent.

The curious absence of single turbo videos is pretty shady though.
"Shady" cause they are making you buy one. Come on back off we spent the money not you, and will provide innovation and updates as available

How is something Shady if the mass public has nothing invested. It's not shady it's simply in a state of pause for a transmission solution. Why hate on this product when HPF has not provided a single third party dyno or run on their single. Because its selective hating. No offense HPF keep working.

I'm simply saying back off period. I have more money and skin in this game than most and would like the time to resolve my Trans bull before people keep talking trash.
SIKH335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #198
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
"Shady" cause they are making you buy one. Come on back off we spent the money not you, and will provide innovation and updates as available

How is something Shady if the mass public has nothing invested. It's not shady it's simply in a state of pause for a transmission solution. Why hate on this product when HPF has not provided a single third party dyno or run on their single. Because its selective hating. No offense HPF keep working.

I'm simply saying back off period. I have more money and skin in this game than most and would like the time to resolve my Trans bull before people keep talking trash.
You need to get into the TCU. Unfortunately, nobody credible has anything yet. I've been saying this even before the single turbo was released. I am one of the "lucky" ones that hasn't crapped out in 5th, but then again I'm "only" on RB turbos. An aux tranny cooler may help subside your issues, but that's beyond what I'm willing to do. Best of luck getting that resolved.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST