E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Need access to a lift!?!?! Solution!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
 
NSFW 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ny

Posts: 559
iTrader: (7)

Need access to a lift!?!?! Solution!

Hey, I have a mechanics garage which I usually rent out to people on Sundays, looking for weekend project. You can use one bay, with access to a lift and Air compressor.

Bring your own tools!
Located in Manhattan, Next to Jacob Javit Center.
PM me if you are interested.

2hrs=$50
I will be with there too, just to over look, the Max I allow is 4 hours.


Once again Bring your own tools! I have had people come with no tools, expecting to use the ones at the shop. After I clearly state to bring your own. I dont allow the use of mine, since my mechanics own them, Not me.

Also if you are doing a cool project with an E9x. I can help with little things lol.
__________________
08 E92 335i AW Coral Red 6MT Fully Loaded|AA DP|BMS DCI|JB4 G5|Milltek full exhaust|SSK|Stett CP|Tial bov|Tinted window|HID Fogs|M3 Front|Mtech Rear|VMR V710|ACS pedals|V1 hardwired|BMW Performance Parts-Shift knob-Boot-E-Brake-SteeringWheel|CF Parts CSL trunk-V35 Hood-ACS roofspoiler|Red Pre-LCIs|Tow hook Plate|Clutch Stop|
<img src=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd468/dkhan22/no.jpg border=0 alt= />
NSFW 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
pepsih
Captain
 
pepsih's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Currently NY

Posts: 690
iTrader: (2)

thats a great idea ill keep it in mind.
I was considering once on opening a complete self serve garage but looks like the insurance is a PITA !
pepsih is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
 
NSFW 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ny

Posts: 559
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLS View Post
Hey can i rent the bay for 1 month straight for 100 $??
The E90post Official Low Baller has spoken!
__________________
08 E92 335i AW Coral Red 6MT Fully Loaded|AA DP|BMS DCI|JB4 G5|Milltek full exhaust|SSK|Stett CP|Tial bov|Tinted window|HID Fogs|M3 Front|Mtech Rear|VMR V710|ACS pedals|V1 hardwired|BMW Performance Parts-Shift knob-Boot-E-Brake-SteeringWheel|CF Parts CSL trunk-V35 Hood-ACS roofspoiler|Red Pre-LCIs|Tow hook Plate|Clutch Stop|
<img src=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd468/dkhan22/no.jpg border=0 alt= />
NSFW 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
e92oholic
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 854
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
The E90post Official Low Baller has spoken!
ahhahahahaah right.
e92oholic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
RoadWarrior
New Member
 
Drives: my nikes
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

might take you up on this. need to change my transmission pan and fluid soon. a lift would make the job so easy
RoadWarrior is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
 
NSFW 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ny

Posts: 559
iTrader: (7)

bump
__________________
08 E92 335i AW Coral Red 6MT Fully Loaded|AA DP|BMS DCI|JB4 G5|Milltek full exhaust|SSK|Stett CP|Tial bov|Tinted window|HID Fogs|M3 Front|Mtech Rear|VMR V710|ACS pedals|V1 hardwired|BMW Performance Parts-Shift knob-Boot-E-Brake-SteeringWheel|CF Parts CSL trunk-V35 Hood-ACS roofspoiler|Red Pre-LCIs|Tow hook Plate|Clutch Stop|
<img src=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd468/dkhan22/no.jpg border=0 alt= />
NSFW 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
KyLu II
FREE DREAMK
 
KyLu II's Avatar
 
Drives: the shiiit!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vineland, NJ

Posts: 9,315
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 Lexus LFA  [1.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
might take you up on this. need to change my transmission pan and fluid soon. a lift would make the job so easy
I changed mines recently. Quick tip, if you remove the trans mount the trans will be low enough to fit a torx with a ratchet and if your mechatronic sleeve is leaking it makes it much easier to put on.

Good luck!
__________________
KyLu II is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
tofu-
Banned
 
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nyc

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
Hey, I have a mechanics garage which I usually rent out to people on Sundays, looking for weekend project. You can use one bay, with access to a lift and Air compressor.

Bring your own tools!
Located in Manhattan, Next to Jacob Javit Center.
PM me if you are interested.

2hrs=$50
I will be with there too, just to over look, the Max I allow is 4 hours.


Once again Bring your own tools! I have had people come with no tools, expecting to use the ones at the shop. After I clearly state to bring your own. I dont allow the use of mine, since my mechanics own them, Not me.

Also if you are doing a cool project with an E9x. I can help with little things lol.

what would you charge just to rent space and use water and electricity for detailing a car? no lift required, but at $50 for 2 hours it would get pricey.

detailing likely to require 16 hours (2 days)
tofu- is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Gilbert328
Registered
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 0
iTrader: (0)

Interesting
Gilbert328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
NSFW 335i
Lieutenant
 
NSFW 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ny

Posts: 559
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
what would you charge just to rent space and use water and electricity for detailing a car? no lift required, but at $50 for 2 hours it would get pricey.

detailing likely to require 16 hours (2 days)
The whole thing is I need to be present when it is being done. And its only available on SUNDAYS. So it does not seem compatible for a detailing job that takes 16hrs in 2 days. Sorry =/
__________________
08 E92 335i AW Coral Red 6MT Fully Loaded|AA DP|BMS DCI|JB4 G5|Milltek full exhaust|SSK|Stett CP|Tial bov|Tinted window|HID Fogs|M3 Front|Mtech Rear|VMR V710|ACS pedals|V1 hardwired|BMW Performance Parts-Shift knob-Boot-E-Brake-SteeringWheel|CF Parts CSL trunk-V35 Hood-ACS roofspoiler|Red Pre-LCIs|Tow hook Plate|Clutch Stop|
<img src=http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd468/dkhan22/no.jpg border=0 alt= />
NSFW 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
RoadWarrior
New Member
 
Drives: my nikes
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyLu II View Post
I changed mines recently. Quick tip, if you remove the trans mount the trans will be low enough to fit a torx with a ratchet and if your mechatronic sleeve is leaking it makes it much easier to put on.

Good luck!
thanks i appreciate your help. i wasnt even aware of the mechatronic sleeve causing a leak. gonna have to take a better a look i was just assuming it was the pan and gasket. how much did that part run you?
RoadWarrior is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
KyLu II
FREE DREAMK
 
KyLu II's Avatar
 
Drives: the shiiit!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vineland, NJ

Posts: 9,315
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 Lexus LFA  [1.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
thanks i appreciate your help. i wasnt even aware of the mechatronic sleeve causing a leak. gonna have to take a better a look i was just assuming it was the pan and gasket. how much did that part run you?
I got it all for just under 300 shipped.
http://www.thectsc.com/index.php?p=p...=187&parent=59
Also, another thing u can do is print out a page of the torque patter and tape it to the bottom of the pan.
There are 2 DIY on here which are very helpful!
__________________
KyLu II is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
eric@helix
 
eric@helix's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 859
iTrader: (0)

This is a cool idea. I believe that the Magliozzi brothers of 'Car Talk' fame got started in the hippie sixties doing something similar. They stopped when tools kept disappearing and insurance got too high. Good luck with it though, it should be fun.
eric@helix is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Bagelfast's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,537
iTrader: (0)

This is awesome!! I will be def taking this offer up!
Bagelfast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST