E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Redline Trans Fluid Ordered



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Redline Trans Fluid Ordered

So i ordered the Redline Trans Fluid today (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1841079.html)

What kind of HP gains should i expect? I'm also changing my oil along with the trans fluid, combined what kind of HP gains am i looking at?
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,550
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
So i ordered the Redline Trans Fluid today (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1841079.html)

What kind of HP gains should i expect? I'm also changing my oil along with the trans fluid, combined what kind of HP gains am i looking at?
Depends. Are you also changing your blinker fluid?

Neil
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Depends. Are you also changing your blinker fluid?

Neil
Is it necessary for max hp gains? I was thinking high octane windshield wiper fluid...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,550
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Is it necessary for max hp gains? I was thinking high octane windshield wiper fluid...
Oh, yes. You might also consider cross-drilled brake lines.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,140
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Is it necessary for max hp gains? I was thinking high octane windshield wiper fluid...
Lol....well you were thinking right on this one. Meth
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
scflaw
Lieutenant
7
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: E93 3'r
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG

iTrader: (1)

i heard connecting a hairdryer to the intake tract will help with turbo lag, i think it was called the Mrs.5 mod.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Is it necessary for max hp gains? I was thinking high octane windshield wiper fluid...
Lol....well you were thinking right on this one. Meth
Been there done that, didn't notice too many gains... Added some ms109 to my coolant and felt a huge boost, looking for more simple mods...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,140
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Been there done that, didn't notice too many gains... Added some ms109 to my coolant and felt a huge boost, looking for more simple mods...
Good to know. I heard some people tap their power steering fluid and inject it into their charge pipe. It's supposed to really clean up fuel trims
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
zeel
Lieutenant
6
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD/NOVA/DC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
i heard connecting a hairdryer to the intake tract will help with turbo lag, i think it was called the Mrs.5 mod.
LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
MAC335i
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
303
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Jet Black E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California

iTrader: (8)

best thread in a while. good info here.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: AP e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New york

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Good to know. I heard some people tap their power steering fluid and inject it into their charge pipe. It's supposed to really clean up fuel trims
Ahah
__________________
Cobb JR Tune, HFS-4, DCI, AMS Intercooler, Vishnu CP, Forge DV's, AR DP's, RPI exhaust, AR OCC, BMW STS, Spec stage 3+ clutch, CDV delete, H&R Coil overs, Quaife LSD, DefiV Lock down kit, WOTbox.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Good to know. I heard some people tap their power steering fluid and inject it into their charge pipe. It's supposed to really clean up fuel trims
Right on! Gonna try that at the next airstrip event, hopefully with all these mods i will run down those pesky HPF M3s...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

On a more serious note, what is the best oil to use for our engines. My engine is under high load, alot, need some good heave duty oil.
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
MDORPHN
Colonel
41
Rep
2,550
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wash, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
On a more serious note, what is the best oil to use for our engines. My engine is under high load, alot, need some good heave duty oil.
Mobile One (if you live in Alabama) or Royal Dirkle.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #15
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

I have been looking for new trans oil. Are you changing the sump and filter too?

This stuff seems only available in the states. Is there an equal alternative in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I have been looking for new trans oil. Are you changing the sump and filter too?

This stuff seems only available in the states. Is there an equal alternative in the UK?
I've got no idea if it's available in UK. I'm changing the oil and the filter. The link to where i got the oil is in the first post.
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
nailer335
Captain
nailer335's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
690
Posts

 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335
On a more serious note, what is the best oil to use for our engines. My engine is under high load, alot, need some good heave duty oil.
Run motul 300v. Did you get the D4 or D6 ATF? If you actually got ATF I've heard unfavorable reviews on the D4. Edit. You got D6. Good man.

For more horsepowers and stuff, put redline and motul decals along the side skirts and tell people that you're a sponsored racecar driver. The mehicanas love the stickers.

But really, I have this super unique 335i and want to chip it for a bunch of extra horsepowers to beat my daddy's friend's SC Z06 by at least a bus or two. Which superpowerchip should I get? And what stickers come with it?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
52
Rep
3,833
Posts

 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
I've got no idea if it's available in UK. I'm changing the oil and the filter. The link to where i got the oil is in the first post.
I heard that the filter is built into the sump as an all in one unit... Is this true? S you need to replace the whole sump inc filter...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,414
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Probably lose a few HP cause you didn't get it from me haha

You should really look into muffler bearings, it improves efficiency by up to 13%.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I heard that the filter is built into the sump as an all in one unit... Is this true? S you need to replace the whole sump inc filter...
We're gonna find out as soon as we get under there... Probably a good idea to do some research before getting the hands dirty, but, neh...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Run motul 300v. Did you get the D4 or D6 ATF? If you actually got ATF I've heard unfavorable reviews on the D4. Edit. You got D6. Good man.

For more horsepowers and stuff, put redline and motul decals along the side skirts and tell people that you're a sponsored racecar driver. The mehicanas love the stickers.

But really, I have this super unique 335i and want to chip it for a bunch of extra horsepowers to beat my daddy's friend's SC Z06 by at least a bus or two. Which superpowerchip should I get? And what stickers come with it?
This is a complicated one... Once you start dealing with stickers and HP, it gets really complicated. I've heard mixed reviews on Motul, and superpowerchips stickers. I've heard that BurgerTuning stickers are solid 5hp each, and i have 2 of those, pretty happy with the result... Shift Sector stickers are supposed to add 1hp for each car that showed up to the event, so you can do the math on that, i'm too lazy. All in all my car is damn near 1000hp, just need minor mods like front bumper clips and thicker intake welds...
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
Sick335
Major
United_States
18
Rep
1,059
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Probably lose a few HP cause you didn't get it from me haha

You should really look into muffler bearings, it improves efficiency by up to 13%.
Noooooooo! I cant be losing HP! HP is important for cars performance! Must get the bearings to improve efficiency and get the HP back!
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST