E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Changing triple turn signal blink count



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #67
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
 
dluke's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by *******_ View Post
Easiest?? Come on, you go to module kombi and change one valuewith 3 blinia and thats all
we're talking about changing the one touch to blink more than 3 times bud...
dluke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #68
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
 
steelersfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Posts: 331
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
I think I got there based on the 2 quoted posts, although I will mention that no where in this thread (unless I missed it) is there a mention of which module you should be reading to get the correct NETTODAT.TRC file in order to change the blink count. srwatters' post mentioning the option "MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK" was the key I needed to get there. I found that option in the NFRM module. And after going through the process of setting the blink count to 1 and then 3 and using the "beyond compare" program to compare the 2 nettodat trace files, Blink set to 1 = 0x04 where Blink count set to 3 = 0x0C. Makes perfect sense based on srwatters conjecture in post #13 of this thread. Now I just have to do the deed and see if it works.
The deed is done. Blink count adjusted successfully to 6 blinks, which is perfect for me. The actual coding process didn't happen exactly as I expected it to, but it did happen exactly as documented if you read the thread, "NCS Dummy - Taking the expert out of NCS Expert." Big "Ups" to all who contributed to showing us mere mortals the path.
__________________
2011 335i Sedan | Le Mans Blue | ///M Sport | Performance Edition | WeissLicht AE's | AG 19" M355's |
steelersfan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #69
moreno1
Lieutenant
 
moreno1's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i E93
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal

Posts: 583
iTrader: (13)

Tried both technics on this thread and all work perfectly!! Now running with 5 blinks !! Many thanks,
__________________
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// Codings : bmwmtlcode@hotmail.com /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
moreno1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #70
wdlfbio
Captain
 
Drives: Z4 35is, 335xi, Chevy 2500Dmax
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

Posts: 758
iTrader: (1)

Dang it. Now I'm going to have to read more so I can get this done.
__________________
'08 Alpine white E92 M3 with DTC--Sold
'12 Alpine white E92 335 Xdrive with slush box
'07 Summit white Chevy 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
'12 Alpine white Z4 35is via EuroDelivery June 4th
wdlfbio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #71
icucCoding
Banned
 
Drives: X5, ALL4S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Madison, WI

Posts: 96
iTrader: (3)

This is cool to change the blink count to 5. One touch three blinks really sucks.
icucCoding is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #72
JimVR4
Second Lieutenant
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 328i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluke View Post
hey all,
so i still haven't figured out why my NCS is unable to read the nettodat file when trying to change the blink count. but if anyone else is having trouble with changing this feature via the nettodat method, i was able to successfully change my turn signal blink count to 6 blinks through a different method. although same as with the nettodat method, changing it within the idrive afterwards will erase it, but it will stay otherwise. also just incase, i did this on my 06 e90 330i, whether or not it will work in the same manor on other years/models i have no idea. so anyways what i ended up doing was editing the daten file for the module containing the blink count (btw many hours of research went into this.. didnt just go in and start changing the daten file blindly). for me the daten file i needed to change was FRMFA.C11. first disassembled the file with NCS Dummy (Thanks to Revtor for creating an amazing program). then located the function MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK. (the disassembled file will look something like the attached pic) then just changed the highlighted field on the attached pic from '01' to '06' for six blinks. then re-assembled the file with NCS Dummy. **before you replace the original daten file with the new edited one you will want to get an FSW TRC file with the triple blink turned off. then create a PSW MAN with that trace file without changing anything. now replace the original daten file with the edited one and then just code the unedited .MAN file to the car. now after the coding is done just double check that your triple turn signal is turned off and turn your car off, then turn the car back on and tap your blinker!
-any questions or need me to explain anything or explain why this works just PM me.
-btw thanks to everyone that paved the way for us new coders

dluke
If I'm not wrong the instructions result in changing the single blink setting on the stalk to use 6 blinks and the triple blink setting on the stalk should work normally. I plan to try to change the second line in the file from a value of 3 to 5 to get five blinks. If it works I will have single blink or 5 blinks selecteable with the stalk. Or I could be completely mistaken
__________________
2009 E90 328i ///M-Sport / Blue Water Metallic / Oyster/Black Dakota / PP / 6MT / 194M / Comfort / iPod+USB w/ProClip charging dash mount / $494 /
1995 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #73
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
 
dluke's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
If I'm not wrong the instructions result in changing the single blink setting on the stalk to use 6 blinks and the triple blink setting on the stalk should work normally. I plan to try to change the second line in the file from a value of 3 to 5 to get five blinks. If it works I will have single blink or 5 blinks selecteable with the stalk. Or I could be completely mistaken
sort of.. i was hoping that this method would be permanent but unfortunately just like as with the nettodata method, the only problem is that once you do the coding you can not change it on the stalk or within idrive or it will erase the coding and you will have to code it again to get it back. so once you do the coding you can not toggle from one blink count to the other. so you're just gonna need to pick a number you want and just leave it (i actually ended up changing mine to 7 blinks which now i think is perfect, six just wasnt enough for me). and so it doesnt really matter whether you choose to edit the first or the second line, just which ever one you choose then when you write the FSW_PSW to the car you will just need to make sure that the value for MIND_ANZ(whatever the rest is) is wert_1 if you edit the first line or wert_2 if you edit the second
dluke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #74
JimVR4
Second Lieutenant
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 328i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluke View Post
sort of.. i was hoping that this method would be permanent but unfortunately just like as with the nettodata method, the only problem is that once you do the coding you can not change it on the stalk or within idrive or it will erase the coding and you will have to code it again to get it back. so once you do the coding you can not toggle from one blink count to the other. so you're just gonna need to pick a number you want and just leave it (i actually ended up changing mine to 7 blinks which now i think is perfect, six just wasnt enough for me). and so it doesnt really matter whether you choose to edit the first or the second line, just which ever one you choose then when you write the FSW_PSW to the car you will just need to make sure that the value for MIND_ANZ(whatever the rest is) is wert_1 if you edit the first line or wert_2 if you edit the second
Ah yes, my selective memory forgot about it not being persistent. Thanks for the reminder

Changing the second line didn't work at all. I changed the first line per your instructions and it worked perfectly

Last edited by JimVR4; 06-15-2012 at 11:51 PM.
JimVR4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #75
Alvine90
Private First Class
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arcadia

Posts: 168
iTrader: (2)

does this only work with drl's on? I used rotary rasp's method and it worked until I turned my drl's off.
__________________
Alvine90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #76
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
 
dluke's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvine90 View Post
does this only work with drl's on? I used rotary rasp's method and it worked until I turned my drl's off.
no you would just have to turn the drls off before you code the blinker count because for some reason changing the drls resets the coding on the blinkers just as if you had tried to change the blinker count in idrive or on stalk.
dluke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #77
EliteM3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Hrm...

dluke, your method is not working for me. I have confirmed which daten file is the one being used to write (for my 09 M3, it is FRM2_E89.C09), changed line 1 from (01) to (06), then processed the ECU with the MAN file created from the TRC I read when going into the NFRM module.

I confirmed that triple turn signal was disabled in iDrive, and that the MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK option was set to "wert_01".

Upon finishing, turned off the car, turned it back on and tested the blinker and only get 1 blink.

What am I doing wrong?

Anyone else having the same problem?
EliteM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #78
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
 
dluke's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteM3 View Post
Hrm...

dluke, your method is not working for me. I have confirmed which daten file is the one being used to write (for my 09 M3, it is FRM2_E89.C09), changed line 1 from (01) to (06), then processed the ECU with the MAN file created from the TRC I read when going into the NFRM module.

I confirmed that triple turn signal was disabled in iDrive, and that the MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK option was set to "wert_01".

Upon finishing, turned off the car, turned it back on and tested the blinker and only get 1 blink.

What am I doing wrong?

Anyone else having the same problem?
*** FYI - (this info was courtesy of tlp.. a member of my other bmw coding forum.. so thanks go to tlp!) - for some newer years the 'one touch' blinker setting follows the keys (just like the seat and side mirror positions).. if this is the case for your model (i think mostly any model with FRM2 or FRM3) you will have 3 MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK functions (MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1; MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2; MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3) instead of just the one. so you will need to make sure that the settings are the same for all three functions, both within the daten file and the .MAN

btw - this was the case for EliteM3, he had sent me a PM and was able to get the blinker count mod working for him!!

hope this may help some..

dluke

Last edited by dluke; 09-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.
dluke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #79
EliteM3
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Yes, thank you dluke!

Appreciate the assist!
EliteM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #80
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Rotary Rasp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal - Torrance

Posts: 1,627
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dluke View Post
*** FYI - for some newer years the 'one touch' blinker setting follows the keys (just like the seat and side mirror positions).. if this is the case for your model (i think mostly any model with FRM2 or FRM3) you will have 3 MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK functions (MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_1; MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_2; MIND_ANZ_ZYKL_TIPP_BLK_3) instead of just the one. so you will need to make sure that the settings are the same for all three functions, both within the daten file and the .MAN

btw - this was the case for EliteM3, he had sent me a PM and was able to get the blinker count mod working for him!!

hope this may help some..

dluke
Excellent information! I'm happy to see so many people are using this. As long as you don't screw with the settings after you code it, it will stay at 5 flashes forever.
__________________
Rotary Rasp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #81
JimVR4
Second Lieutenant
 
JimVR4's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 328i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
Excellent information! I'm happy to see so many people are using this. As long as you don't screw with the settings after you code it, it will stay at 5 flashes forever.
+1
And the nice thing about dlukes method is that if you do ever need to re-code that module you don't have to think about the daten file again unless you want to return to factory settings
__________________
2009 E90 328i ///M-Sport / Blue Water Metallic / Oyster/Black Dakota / PP / 6MT / 194M / Comfort / iPod+USB w/ProClip charging dash mount / $494 /
1995 3000GT Spyder VR4
JimVR4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #82
dluke
Sh!t happens... Deal with it
 
dluke's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Alpine 330i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'06 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
Excellent information! I'm happy to see so many people are using this.
YES.. me as well! after all i have gained from this forum, im just glad i was able to make a contribution to the community!!

dluke
dluke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #83
Merlosso
Banned
 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD

Posts: 495
iTrader: (2)

This information is very helpful. Thank you to everyone here.
Merlosso is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #84
seemebreakthis
Private
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Works for me too! BTW I used NCSDummy so there is no need to calculate the bit/bytes. Just a straight change from 3 (3 blinks) to something else.


Thanks!
seemebreakthis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #85
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,898
iTrader: (0)

Where are you guys finding NCSDummy? Very new to this coding, if you can point me to some good entry level tutorials that would be great.

I still don't understand when you're suppose to use WINKFP, NCSExpert or INPA. I did a search but there is so much stuff.

Thanks,
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #86
Merlosso
Banned
 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD

Posts: 495
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Where are you guys finding NCSDummy? Very new to this coding, if you can point me to some good entry level tutorials that would be great.

I still don't understand when you're suppose to use WINKFP, NCSExpert or INPA. I did a search but there is so much stuff.

Thanks,
If you do a Google search for "NCSDummy" it will be the first result you get.

As for the rest, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. Google is your friend. There is far too much information to simply reply in a forum post. Coding isn't difficult once you're set up and know what you're doing but getting to that point is a lot of work. Just take your time and be patient and you'll get there.
Merlosso is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #87
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,898
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
If you do a Google search for "NCSDummy" it will be the first result you get.

As for the rest, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. Google is your friend. There is far too much information to simply reply in a forum post. Coding isn't difficult once you're set up and know what you're doing but getting to that point is a lot of work. Just take your time and be patient and you'll get there.
Thanks man, appreciate the response.
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #88
dolu57
Private
 
dolu57's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e90 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: France

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
in the BC or idrive, does it change the display to show 6 instead of 3?
No. And if you change it on the BC or iDrive it will revert back to stock. So it's best not to mess with those functions.
I thought if we disassembly the datens and reassembly after change the value (for 3 flashes -> wert_02) to number of flashes we want, then we can play with the settings in idrive... ??
__________________
I hope my english isn't too bad...
dolu57 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST