E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > BMW Performance exhaust on for 2010 E92 N55 335i!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
youngb4
Private
youngb4's Avatar
1
Rep
94
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhusc View Post
Thank you so much WildBee659.

How do you like it?
I'm thinking original BMW P.Exhaust vs AE Performance system vs AC Schnitzer exhaust. Do you have any information about them? Which is the best one?


Regards,
I recently had the BMW PE installed on my e92. IMO, it builds perfectly on the already nice exhaust note we have from the factory. Burbles and pops are more apparent, and the tone is more aggressive and deeper. Really can turn heads if you want it to at higher RPMs, especially when the sound reflects off of buildings surrounding the streets. Having said that, below 2-3k RPMs it is still civilized and not intrusively loud, although I did have my 70 year old neighbor ask me if I needed a new muffler on a cold start , oh if only she knew. Even though it's freezing here right now, I still find myself driving with the windows down just to hear it, def. worth the upgrade in my opinion and you can find deals if you look for them.

Good luck!
__________________
2011 335i XDrive Coupe: 335is Kidney Grills | Fog Delete w/ 335is Duct Grills | BMW Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
johnson47376
Private First Class
johnson47376's Avatar
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i e92 ///M
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wheeling, WV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngb4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhusc View Post
Thank you so much WildBee659.

How do you like it?
I'm thinking original BMW P.Exhaust vs AE Performance system vs AC Schnitzer exhaust. Do you have any information about them? Which is the best one?


Regards,
I recently had the BMW PE installed on my e92. IMO, it builds perfectly on the already nice exhaust note we have from the factory. Burbles and pops are more apparent, and the tone is more aggressive and deeper. Really can turn heads if you want it to at higher RPMs, especially when the sound reflects off of buildings surrounding the streets. Having said that, below 2-3k RPMs it is still civilized and not intrusively loud, although I did have my 70 year old neighbor ask me if I needed a new muffler on a cold start , oh if only she knew. Even though it's freezing here right now, I still find myself driving with the windows down just to hear it, def. worth the upgrade in my opinion and you can find deals if you look for them.

Good luck!
Haha it's 39 degrees and raining here. Still rolling around with my windows down
__________________
2011 E92 335i ///M Sport in SGM/ 19" Forgestar CF5V wheels / Dipped:Grille and badge/ Black roundels/ BMS intake /CDV delete/3000K HID Fogs/
JB4 Stage 2 ISO+FlexFuel Wires /AR Design 4" DP/ ER CP/Wagner FMIC/ Wavetrac LSD/ BMW PE / MusicarNW Level Two Audio Upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #25
WildBee659
Newbee
WildBee659's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E93, Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngb4 View Post
I recently had the BMW PE installed on my e92. IMO, it builds perfectly on the already nice exhaust note we have from the factory. Burbles and pops are more apparent, and the tone is more aggressive and deeper. Really can turn heads if you want it to at higher RPMs, especially when the sound reflects off of buildings surrounding the streets. Having said that, below 2-3k RPMs it is still civilized and not intrusively loud, although I did have my 70 year old neighbor ask me if I needed a new muffler on a cold start , oh if only she knew. Even though it's freezing here right now, I still find myself driving with the windows down just to hear it, def. worth the upgrade in my opinion and you can find deals if you look for them.

Good luck!
Hearing you talk about it makes it hard to wait to get mine installed along with the PPK. Sorry to say this guys but today its was sunny, 70* during the day and 50* at night. The top is down 90-95% of the time and I'm going to enjoy hearing that sweet sound.
__________________

2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 "SuperBee"
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 (Wife's Car)
2011 BMW 335i/E93: M-Sport, PPK1, BMW PE, Black Kidney Grills
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #26
BMWfan07
Second Lieutenant
BMWfan07's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport w/PPK
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northern CA

iTrader: (3)

Does anyone know if there are any proven dyno gains from going with the Performance Exhaust? I looked around for info and found none. Usually when you upgrade the exhaust on a car there is some kind of performance gain, just wondering if that is the case here.
__________________


2011 E92 335i LCI 6MT, M-sport pkg, Black Sapphire, Nav, Comfort Access, 19" Style 230s, Harmon Kardon, Bluetooth, M3 Lip Spoiler, GPT 7500k Fogs, BMW PERFORMANCE POWER KIT.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
WildBee659
Newbee
WildBee659's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E93, Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan07 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any proven dyno gains from going with the Performance Exhaust? I looked around for info and found none. Usually when you upgrade the exhaust on a car there is some kind of performance gain, just wondering if that is the case here.
The gain is not much if any but you do get a nice exhaust sound. On the BMW website it mentions 5hp/3tq on selected models. The real gains will come as you mod the engine as the exhaust is more free flowing. IMHO...
__________________

2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 "SuperBee"
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 (Wife's Car)
2011 BMW 335i/E93: M-Sport, PPK1, BMW PE, Black Kidney Grills
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #28
cSurf
Major
cSurf's Avatar
23
Rep
1,086
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

BMW PE on an e90

This thread has renewed my interest in the BMW PE - anyone have experience with one on an E90?

From the pics I've seen, it looks a bit like it's too long (i.e. one-size for both e90 and e92).
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #29
SRT14PimPin07
Captain
SRT14PimPin07's Avatar
Armenia
25
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Hey guys I know this is an old thread...But is this the same BMW performance exhaust except it has black tips? I'm gonna cut the tips off anyways...
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
__________________
2011 Alpine White E92 335i M-Sport N55 Engine
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #30
Beemw335
Colonel
29
Rep
2,016
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: My car is my home

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT14PimPin07
Hey guys I know this is an old thread...But is this the same BMW performance exhaust except it has black tips? I'm gonna cut the tips off anyways...
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Its the IS exhaust.
Very similar, not as loud though.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
SRT14PimPin07
Captain
SRT14PimPin07's Avatar
Armenia
25
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Its the IS exhaust.
Very similar, not as loud though.
Ohh really? I thought they were the same exact thing....thanks for clearing that up for me.
__________________
2011 Alpine White E92 335i M-Sport N55 Engine
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
WildBee659
Newbee
WildBee659's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i E93, Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I just had the BMW PE and PPK installed. The exhaust sound is great, its the way this cars should sound from the factory. The PPK is a nice upgrade, 20hp/32tq, its a bit more responsive and faster. I know there are aftermarket tunes with greater gains in hp/tq but I didn't want a tune I had to take out every time it went in for service. Planning on keeping 6yrs/100k miles or longer.
__________________

2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 "SuperBee"
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 (Wife's Car)
2011 BMW 335i/E93: M-Sport, PPK1, BMW PE, Black Kidney Grills
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #33
Bee Pee
Captain
United Kingdom
11
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: F20 M135i auto EB2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
PE on e90/1

Ri335i,

I have PE fitted to my n54 e91 tourer here in the uk.

With coupe &conv the PE is just the 2 rear boxes.

With sedan/tourer, you also get new mid pipe section to replace resonator with x pipe.

More pipework means more $$$ unfortunately

Hope this clarifies.

Pave.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ri335i View Post
This thread has renewed my interest in the BMW PE - anyone have experience with one on an E90?

From the pics I've seen, it looks a bit like it's too long (i.e. one-size for both e90 and e92).
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #34
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,600
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Looks a bit low.
+1
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #35
STooK
Lieutenant
STooK's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
555
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

I installed my PE almost right after I got my car. Had it for over a year now and I LOVE driving/hearing my exhaust every day. I believe I spent a total of around ~$1500 installed brand new, and I thought I was crazy for spending that much on just MUFFLERS, but I have absolutely NO regrets.

Only downside is that it does sit lower on the right like some of you mentioned, but doesn't bother me too much. If I do go with another 335 (maybe f30/32) I think I will need to get the PE again...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST