E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Automatic headlight sensitivity



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
rivera156
New Member
rivera156's Avatar
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tampa, fl

iTrader: (0)

Automatic headlight sensitivity

Can this be coded to a 2006 330i E90? If so to which module? How does it work? This function sounds interesting.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
bommer
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325 XiT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Devner

iTrader: (0)

I enabled it on my '06 E91.
The following is taken from the option spreadsheet.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CPqY7sEC#gid=0


Auto Headlight Sensitivity adjustment from BC Button KOMBI LICHT_AUT_WERT_1, LICHT_AUT_WERT_2, LICHT_AUT_WERT_3 X X X X X 2011-01-08 {unknown} Set all 3 to aktiv, change the sensitivity of your automatic light sensor in your Dash! Only works if you do NOT have iDrive. If you have CCC iDrive, see the option higher up in the spreadsheet. If you have CIC iDrive, there is not yet a known way to do this.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
rivera156
New Member
rivera156's Avatar
1
Rep
26
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tampa, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommer
I enabled it on my '06 E91.
The following is taken from the option spreadsheet.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CPqY7sEC#gid=0


Auto Headlight Sensitivity adjustment from BC Button KOMBI LICHT_AUT_WERT_1, LICHT_AUT_WERT_2, LICHT_AUT_WERT_3 X X X X X 2011-01-08 {unknown} Set all 3 to aktiv, change the sensitivity of your automatic light sensor in your Dash! Only works if you do NOT have iDrive. If you have CCC iDrive, see the option higher up in the spreadsheet. If you have CIC iDrive, there is not yet a known way to do this.
Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
seemebreakthis
Private
4
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommer View Post
If you have CIC iDrive, there is not yet a known way to do this.
... actually not true. I have headlight sensitivity enabled and I have CIC iDrive.

The feature is only accessible via the BC control but not iDrive, but at least there is a way to access the setting, similar to what you see here.

And it works because on an overcast day when I modify its setting, lowbeam would come on/off within 10 seconds afterwards.

Note - the BC menu only appears when you turn on the ignition and the car is not moving.

Here is how (all found in KOMBI):

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv

Last edited by seemebreakthis; 11-29-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
... actually not true. I have headlight sensitivity enabled and I have CIC iDrive.

The feature is only accessible via the BC control but not iDrive, but at least there is a way to access the setting, similar to what you see here.

And it works because on an overcast day when I modify its setting, lowbeam would come on/off within 10 seconds afterwards.

Note - the BC menu only appears when you turn on the ignition and the car is not moving.

Here is how (all found in KOMBI):

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv
WAIT, THIS IS HOW U ENABLE IT FOR THOSE W/IDRIVE??

Ive been looking all over CIC and other modules for this!!!!!!! Stupid car keeps turning the headlights on on a sunny day with direct sunlight...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
81
Rep
4,448
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

It's not available in CIC.
Just non-idrive and CCC.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
seemebreakthis
Private
4
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

In fact it is available in CIC. At least in my case it is after making the above changes. I have CIC idrive.

Just that the option won't appear within the CIC idrive menu, but rather via the BC stalk button on my dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
81
Rep
4,448
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Wow really?
I'll need to check into it as well.
I meant it isnt in the CIC module for CIC nav but you turning it on via the kombi I haven't heard of.
At least over here in the States, we don't have the BC menu in the cluster if we have iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
seemebreakthis
Private
4
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I didn't have the BC menu either, until I programmed it. And like I said above it seems to appear only when you start the engine and the car is not moving.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #10
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
It's not available in CIC.
Just non-idrive and CCC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
In fact it is available in CIC. At least in my case it is after making the above changes. I have CIC idrive.

Just that the option won't appear within the CIC idrive menu, but rather via the BC stalk button on my dashboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Wow really?
I'll need to check into it as well.
I meant it isnt in the CIC module for CIC nav but you turning it on via the kombi I haven't heard of.
At least over here in the States, we don't have the BC menu in the cluster if we have iDrive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
I didn't have the BC menu either, until I programmed it. And like I said above it seems to appear only when you start the engine and the car is not moving.

Confirmed working, for CIC iDrive, tested on 2011.5 E90 M3

Edit the following lines in Kombi just like seemebreakthis said

MMI_ENA_PIA
aktiv
MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv
Attached Images
    
__________________

Last edited by WingZeroX5; 12-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Farewell
Enlisted Member
Austria
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 325dA
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

its working without MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC also.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
81
Rep
4,448
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Cheers guys. Nice find!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
dumb question: in the last settings picture, is 1 bar the lowest sensitivity setting? Meaning if I have 1 bar set, will only my low beams turn on during the day only when it detects very little light? I hate how it turns on when there's light out.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,186
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentonrider View Post
dumb question: in the last settings picture, is 1 bar the lowest sensitivity setting? Meaning if I have 1 bar set, will only my low beams turn on during the day only when it detects very little light? I hate how it turns on when there's light out.
I think you have the opposite. 1 bar = low beams off during day with most light, so it's not as sensitive. 3 bar = very sensitive

At least that's how I interpreted it. Kinda like my Logitech G5 mouse. 1 bar = lease sensitive, so it's "slow," 3 bars = Very sensitive.

I also hate it when it's bright outside and the headlights turn on...but I read that the sensor also detects the amount of infrared given off by the sun...which kind of explains why it turns on more often in cooler seasons
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I think you have the opposite. 1 bar = low beams off during day with most light, so it's not as sensitive. 3 bar = very sensitive

At least that's how I interpreted it. Kinda like my Logitech G5 mouse. 1 bar = lease sensitive, so it's "slow," 3 bars = Very sensitive.

I also hate it when it's bright outside and the headlights turn on...but I read that the sensor also detects the amount of infrared given off by the sun...which kind of explains why it turns on more often in cooler seasons
Cool. Thanks. 1 bar it is...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
seemebreakthis
Private
4
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I am glad it works for others too.

Now if someone can help me solve this problem I have with DVD playback, that would be really nice... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776491
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
michbmw
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
226
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 328XI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
In fact it is available in CIC. At least in my case it is after making the above changes. I have CIC idrive.

Just that the option won't appear within the CIC idrive menu, but rather via the BC stalk button on my dashboard.

Yeah i did the same thing to my e90 lci with cic a month or 2 ago, works great
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST