E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Stock steering swaps to paddle shiftier one with E90 330i??



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
calvinwu
Private
 
calvinwu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angelas

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [4.50]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [4.00]
Stock steering swaps to paddle shiftier one with E90 330i??

Hi~ guys

I am seriously thinking about get steering wheel swap for my E90 330i~
any of you have experience with that mod???
will that way makes me more fun with driving??
any idea? or suggestions??



Thanks~~
Attached Images
  
__________________

2006 Lamborghini Gallado / 1997 E36 328 coupe / 1991 Z32 300zxTT Stage XII
1996 Mustang Cobra Sold
1994 E31 850csi Sold

Last edited by calvinwu; 12-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.
calvinwu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,703
iTrader: (18)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinwu View Post
Hi~ guys

I am seriously thinking about get steering wheel swap for my E90 330i~
any of you have experience with that mod???
will that way makes me more fun with driving??
any idea? or suggestions??



Thanks~~
you have a few options. From the pictures, it seems like you already have a sport wheel but no paddles right? So you CAN make paddle cutouts on that wheel and but the paddles. I forgot who sells the paddles, I just picked up a set from him too . Anyways you can do that OR buy a new wheel with paddle cutouts or with paddles already. And since you dont have stock paddles to begin with, you'll need to buy burger motorsport's retrofit kit, should be like $150 or something? but dont quote me
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
calvinwu
Private
 
calvinwu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angelas

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [4.50]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneout View Post
you have a few options. From the pictures, it seems like you already have a sport wheel but no paddles right? So you CAN make paddle cutouts on that wheel and but the paddles. I forgot who sells the paddles, I just picked up a set from him too . Anyways you can do that OR buy a new wheel with paddle cutouts or with paddles already. And since you dont have stock paddles to begin with, you'll need to buy burger motorsport's retrofit kit, should be like $150 or something? but dont quote me
Thanks~~before your opinion, I thought I might have no useful reply since....appreciate~~really~~^^
__________________

2006 Lamborghini Gallado / 1997 E36 328 coupe / 1991 Z32 300zxTT Stage XII
1996 Mustang Cobra Sold
1994 E31 850csi Sold
calvinwu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Smooth 330i
Captain
 
Smooth 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 928
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinwu View Post
Hi~ guys

I am seriously thinking about get steering wheel swap for my E90 330i~
any of you have experience with that mod???
will that way makes me more fun with driving??
any idea? or suggestions??



Thanks~~

1. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694525
Don't buy LCI paddles. The M3 above are great and the guy is legit.

You will need to buy two screws to attach paddles.. P/N and guide below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370019


2. Get a wheel that you like with cutouts, M3, Mtech or performance. Look in the used for sale section for deals.


3. Get a retrofit cable from Burger Tuning - $150.


Good deal:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777319


GL
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner

Last edited by Smooth 330i; 12-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Smooth 330i is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
calvinwu
Private
 
calvinwu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angelas

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [4.50]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [4.00]
Thx for your kindly supports~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NokTurNaL 330i View Post
1. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694525
Don't buy LCI paddles. The M3 above are great and the guy is legit.

You will need to buy two screws to attach paddles.. P/N and guide below.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370019


2. Get a wheel that you like with cutouts, M3, Mtech or performance. Look in the used for sale section for deals.


3. Get a retrofit cable from Burger Tuning - $150.



Good deal:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777319


GL
__________________

2006 Lamborghini Gallado / 1997 E36 328 coupe / 1991 Z32 300zxTT Stage XII
1996 Mustang Cobra Sold
1994 E31 850csi Sold
calvinwu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
BRGmatthew
Bausman
 
BRGmatthew's Avatar
 
Drives: around the block
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal 626/NorCal 650

Posts: 1,703
iTrader: (18)

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
If you have the sport steering wheel then you can do this. make sure you have paddle shifter cut outs in the back if not your gonna have to buy a wheel (350 m wheel to performance wheel 800+) Then get a sport airbag (like 200-250) then youll need you paddles (100-350 depend on what you want)
Lets say you have the sport wheel then just cut out your own back and buy paddles. Its fun for a little bit but gets boring, unlike your lambo with the e gear.lol
i wish i could find an airbag for 200-250
BRGmatthew is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
calvinwu
Private
 
calvinwu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angelas

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [4.50]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
unlike your lambo with the e gear.lol
LOL....just wanna make up same feeling with E gear on my daily driving car~~ XDDDDD....
__________________

2006 Lamborghini Gallado / 1997 E36 328 coupe / 1991 Z32 300zxTT Stage XII
1996 Mustang Cobra Sold
1994 E31 850csi Sold
calvinwu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Scooterfreeride62
Private First Class
 
Scooterfreeride62's Avatar
 
Drives: 06/07 335Xi E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vermont

Posts: 110
iTrader: (7)

Is this the cable that goes to the steering wheel controls from the center console area? this might be it it the part goes for 84.00 can anybody confirm this

Wiring harness transmission dxc

stock code 12517584132

Alternate Stock Code 12517574462
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Scooterfreeride62; 12-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Scooterfreeride62 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST