E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Car-BQ--Last Sunday of the month (12/30)--hosted by NTBC and The Car Cellar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Car-BQ--Last Sunday of the month (12/30)--hosted by NTBC and The Car Cellar

posted up our monthly meet on facebook, join the page and let us know if you can make it!

when: Last Sunday of the month (12/30)
where: The Car Cellar in Dallas
2605 Freewood Dr, Dallas, TX 75220
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/NorthTexasBimmersClub
Food and drinks: yes

driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
See everyone there. Hoping that I'll have my car back...again! Sporting a loaner 335d this time. haha. Guess it'll depend on how long it takes BoD to drop a new engine in the car, since it looks like that is what they are going to have to do to cure the incessant knocking noise!
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Wookie420
10
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Damn man, new motor already?!?!? In an '11?? What happen???? If you know, that is.
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
See everyone there. Hoping that I'll have my car back...again! Sporting a loaner 335d this time. haha. Guess it'll depend on how long it takes BoD to drop a new engine in the car, since it looks like that is what they are going to have to do to cure the incessant knocking noise!
I almost traded in my M3 for the 335D...I'm in love with those things
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420 View Post
Damn man, new motor already?!?!? In an '11?? What happen???? If you know, that is.
Suspect that it is a bent rod plate or a bad rod bearing. :-/ Obviously an issue from factory because I've heard those engines can take a beating. Good thing? My car starts over at zero miles...essentially

As for the 335d, ugh I am dying. I have to use my pinky toe when driving my 11 335i...with the 335d, I feel like my foot is about to go through the floor and I'll be Fred Flintstone'ing my ass around town. Not sure if all 335d's are like that, or just this one, but it seems like it takes a LOT to get it going and it sounds like a big rig :-/ There isn't that "growl" to the engine that the 335i has.
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
Suspect that it is a bent rod plate or a bad rod bearing. :-/ Obviously an issue from factory because I've heard those engines can take a beating. Good thing? My car starts over at zero miles...essentially

As for the 335d, ugh I am dying. I have to use my pinky toe when driving my 11 335i...with the 335d, I feel like my foot is about to go through the floor and I'll be Fred Flintstone'ing my ass around town. Not sure if all 335d's are like that, or just this one, but it seems like it takes a LOT to get it going and it sounds like a big rig :-/ There isn't that "growl" to the engine that the 335i has.
well the one I drove had a renntech tune on it and was doing about 340hp and 480tq, that thing hauled a$$.
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Update for my North Texas peeps

They are saying now that it isn't a rod issue or a valvetronic issue, though the knocking they said would lead them to believe it could be either of those. They have narrowed it down to the transmission. Here is what they told me:

They disconnected the torque converter from the fly wheel and the sound went away. So per their PUMA they re-connected the torque converter and tightened it. They said it was off by 190, but that still didn't fix the knocking. They put in a tc request to have the transmission replaced. The tc came back and said that this knocking noise was normal. They said it develops sometimes in these cars. The solution is a rubber plug ordered from Germany that dampens/eliminates the knocking.

While I do not agree with the "this is normal" comment, it appears that this issue is a known defect by BMW. So they have a fix for it if the defect rears its ugly head. It echos up from below the engine and into the engine bay, thus giving the illusion that it is a bad vanos or rod.

The part will be here in 4 weeks, at which point they'll put it on and verify the knocking is gone. While they can't guarantee this will fix the issue, they are nearly 100% positive it will.

Only thing that annoys me is when I got my car back from BMW of Dallas it was...less than desirable. First time I ever took my car there I got it back smelling like an ash tray and food between the seats. They gave me a free interior/exterior detail. So I took it in and got it back with soap all over the paint and a mildew smell inside (they had shampooed the carpets and the rugs, put the rugs on the carpets both still wet, closed all the windows, and sat the car in texas heat). I didn't want to go back this time, but classic bmw sent me there (for those who know the story, you know why classic sent me there).

This time I get the car back and my full tank of gas is now empty, there are a LOT of extra miles on the car, there is soap all over the paint after having told them on check-in not to wash the car because I had just waxed it and I knew that their wash didn't always remove all the soap, my radio was blasting when I turned the car on, and the guy who brought my car to the service drive was getting WAY to heavy on the gas for it to be a cold start in 52 degree temps.

There were number of other little things that I noted about the car. When I spoke to customer service she as actually impressed about all the tiny details I noticed were different in the car saying, "It isn't often I get someone calling me who knows details like that. You obviously really take care of your car."

Anyways, enough of my rant. Good news is the car is back, I've requested to have the part sent to Classic to be put on the car, and then it'll be all set to put the charge pipe, down pipe, and new cobb ap on! WOOT!
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
Update for my North Texas peeps

They are saying now that it isn't a rod issue or a valvetronic issue, though the knocking they said would lead them to believe it could be either of those. They have narrowed it down to the transmission. Here is what they told me:

They disconnected the torque converter from the fly wheel and the sound went away. So per their PUMA they re-connected the torque converter and tightened it. They said it was off by 190, but that still didn't fix the knocking. They put in a tc request to have the transmission replaced. The tc came back and said that this knocking noise was normal. They said it develops sometimes in these cars. The solution is a rubber plug ordered from Germany that dampens/eliminates the knocking.

While I do not agree with the "this is normal" comment, it appears that this issue is a known defect by BMW. So they have a fix for it if the defect rears its ugly head. It echos up from below the engine and into the engine bay, thus giving the illusion that it is a bad vanos or rod.

The part will be here in 4 weeks, at which point they'll put it on and verify the knocking is gone. While they can't guarantee this will fix the issue, they are nearly 100% positive it will.

Only thing that annoys me is when I got my car back from BMW of Dallas it was...less than desirable. First time I ever took my car there I got it back smelling like an ash tray and food between the seats. They gave me a free interior/exterior detail. So I took it in and got it back with soap all over the paint and a mildew smell inside (they had shampooed the carpets and the rugs, put the rugs on the carpets both still wet, closed all the windows, and sat the car in texas heat). I didn't want to go back this time, but classic bmw sent me there (for those who know the story, you know why classic sent me there).

This time I get the car back and my full tank of gas is now empty, there are a LOT of extra miles on the car, there is soap all over the paint after having told them on check-in not to wash the car because I had just waxed it and I knew that their wash didn't always remove all the soap, my radio was blasting when I turned the car on, and the guy who brought my car to the service drive was getting WAY to heavy on the gas for it to be a cold start in 52 degree temps.

There were number of other little things that I noted about the car. When I spoke to customer service she as actually impressed about all the tiny details I noticed were different in the car saying, "It isn't often I get someone calling me who knows details like that. You obviously really take care of your car."

Anyways, enough of my rant. Good news is the car is back, I've requested to have the part sent to Classic to be put on the car, and then it'll be all set to put the charge pipe, down pipe, and new cobb ap on! WOOT!
I would rip BMW dallas a new one if I found all that crap in my car. hope everything works out!
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well I got my survey E-Mail today. Not only was I very detailed, I checked the box requesting that BMW of North America contact me. I already told Customer Service and I have not had a call back, and they were supposed to call me on Thursday.
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

bumppp event coming up semi soon..let us know if you can make it!
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
Wookie420
10
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
I should be able to make it
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
Mattah
0
Private
 
Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Texas

Posts: 89
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 Merc C250  [0.00]
09 BMW 335i  [0.00]
can a bone stock 335i come haha
Mattah is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Wookie420
10
Major
 
Wookie420's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattah View Post
can a bone stock 335i come haha
Yes!
__________________

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Wookie420 is offline   Germany
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
cmyk
10
resident girl.
 
cmyk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 1,016
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattah View Post
can a bone stock 335i come haha


Just kidding, of course See you there!

FYI I might be bringing both cars to this one...
__________________


2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)
cmyk is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
edlugo07
0
Triple White
 
edlugo07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i white
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

I was just about to post to see when and where will the last meet of the year was going to be happy to see someone beat me to it ill be going
__________________
00 Jaguar S-Type
06 Bmw 325i
edlugo07 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post


Just kidding, of course See you there!

FYI I might be bringing both cars to this one...
you can park them center stage
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

also if anyone wants to volunteer and bring a TV out there that would be great! I'm going to bring GT5 out there if anyone wants to play!
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #18
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'll be there.

Got the cobb ap on the car. Next is to put the charge pipe back on, put the down pipe on, and get my new LUX H8 lights on....wish BMW would hurry and get that damn part in so I can get rid of the rattle and put my mods back on.
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
driveslow
0
Private
 
Drives: e46 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

hope to see you all in a few hours!
driveslow is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
ronny214
3
New BMW Owner
 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Great turnout today! So....I'm trying to think of something that is like the "Hello, my name is..." tags but for our cars. I'd love to know which car belongs to which forum member.
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
ronny214 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
Blaster335
0
Banned
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
Great turnout today! So....I'm trying to think of something that is like the "Hello, my name is..." tags but for our cars. I'd love to know which car belongs to which forum member.
+1
Blaster335 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #22
brusk
5
Lieutenant
 
brusk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cleveland, TN

Posts: 530
iTrader: (1)

I had the 1 series projekt 1 car.
__________________
2008 135i - Cobb AP, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, BMS DCI, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, SS brake lines.
brusk is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST