E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone fitted the AC style rear spoiler to an E90?

12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Gra
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 335d M Sport

Anyone fitted the AC style rear spoiler to an E90?

Got mine through from China recently, must admit I'm quite impressed by the quality and finish.

However, when I hold it up to the boot it doesn't quite seem to be the correct curvature to marry up with the boot. When the two ends are touching the bootlid the middle sits out by about 2-3cms. If I put a bit of pressure on it in the middle then it's ok, but was wondering if this was normal if anyone else has fitted the same spoiler. It's one of the BC Moto ones. I don't want to try fitting it if it's going to 'pop off'.

Cheers!
      12-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
BoondogUK
Captain
England
Rep

Drives: Monaco Blue e90 320d

I have a bc moto m3 spoiler and the fit and colour were perfect... however it was from taiwan not china?
      12-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
e92liv
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: e92

I also got the lip spoiler from bc moto, fit and colour match IMO is excellent

It arrived with 3M tape applied to the base, for fitting I first cleaned the area on the boot lid, then wiped over with supplied alcohol cleaning wipe. I then placed the lip where i wanted it, marked out where the edges would sit with masking tape, pealed off the film from the 3M tape and carefully fitted it

I stuck the centre of the lip down first, and then 'bended' , slightly, the ends to get the perfect fit?

the 3M tape is very strong, I had an urge to fit a shark fin on the roof so i bought one from ebay which also arrived with 3M tape applied to the base. I rushed the fitting of the fin though and it was slightly off centre. A few days later I then tried to remove the fin, so that I could refit it. However the tape was so strong that the base of the fin snapped!

I then realised I would probably end up in the clownage thread for having a fake fin, so I chucked it in the bin

I had to use a sticky residue remover solution to get rid of all the tape and residue as the tape was so firmly bonded to the car!
      12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Gra
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoondogUK View Post
I have a bc moto m3 spoiler and the fit and colour were perfect... however it was from taiwan not china?
Sorry, I meant Taiwan - it's all the same to me!

The M3 type looks a lot easier to fit. I'm starting to think I should have just gone for that instead...I'll probably need a hand with the AC style one as it's a fair size and my 'dry fit' efforts so far have shown it to be a bit trickier than I thought if I do it myself.