E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car wont start.

12-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
BMWTF?
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335i

Car wont start.

Resolved.

My car does not start. I took down the cover panel and I was working in the drivers side footwell pulling some wires through the firewall. After putting everything back together, the car wont start. I suspect, I may pulled some wire while struggling through the firewall: a little black piece - i am on ipad and cannot post a picture, but if you email me **** I ll sent it to you.

Please help i am kinda desperate and need to get home (((

Last edited by BMWTF?; 12-12-2012 at 05:33 PM.
BMWTF? is offline   No_Country
      12-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
Spydeputy
Brigadier General

Drives: 2012,E92,335is/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2012 335is  [1.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Spydeputy
RUT ROW
2012, E92, 335is, Space Metal Gray, DINAN Stage 2, Helix FMIC, M Sport Pkg, Dbl Spoke 313 Wheels, Gray & Blk Leather, Conv. Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Prem Pkg, 7 Sp DCT, Navigation, Satellite / Harman Kardon Radio.
BMW CCA Member
Spydeputy is offline   Germany
      12-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
BMWTF?
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335i

figured it out.

BMWTF? is offline   No_Country
      12-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Troy3Giles
Registered

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

So i have a problem that BMW cant find a solution to!!

Hey guys, first time registered on this site. I am so frustrated right now as my car has been very moody over the past 4 weeks. I have a 2007 335i that intermittenly goes to sleep and wont wake up until it decides to. So let me paint you the picture:

3 weeks ago, out the front of my office my bmw was parked. Went to open it with the FOB and nothing...i mean nothing! The only way to get into the car was by using the actual "key"..i mean who uses that these days. Once i opened the door nothing activated. No lights no nothing. I went to Canadian Tire to buy jumper cables in another car...forgot my wallet so I drove back to my car...walked up to it and it opened using the FOB like nothing was ever wrong. This happened again a week later. This time I used a car to jump it...thinking it must be the battery..but jumping didnt seem to do anything although the hazards gave me a quick flicker to let me know it was awake again. Used the FOB to open it and again it was like nothing happened. This has happened twice more and last night I had to get it towed to the dealership. Today they pushed it into the service department and before they could do anything it awoke and was able to be used normally. Now BMW is telling me they need it to fail again before they can start working on the issue. So frustrating because it can go a week without it happening. It has never stopped working while I am driving and the only thing I have to do is reset the clock once it awakes.

Can anyone help me out there as to what is happening???? The battery is showing that it is in perfect health.
      12-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
SpeedBuggy
Comfortably Numb

Drives: 06 e90 330i & 06 e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy3Giles View Post
Hey guys, first time registered on this site. I am so frustrated right now as my car has been very moody over the past 4 weeks. I have a 2007 335i that intermittenly goes to sleep and wont wake up until it decides to. So let me paint you the picture:

3 weeks ago, out the front of my office my bmw was parked. Went to open it with the FOB and nothing...i mean nothing! The only way to get into the car was by using the actual "key"..i mean who uses that these days. Once i opened the door nothing activated. No lights no nothing. I went to Canadian Tire to buy jumper cables in another car...forgot my wallet so I drove back to my car...walked up to it and it opened using the FOB like nothing was ever wrong. This happened again a week later. This time I used a car to jump it...thinking it must be the battery..but jumping didnt seem to do anything although the hazards gave me a quick flicker to let me know it was awake again. Used the FOB to open it and again it was like nothing happened. This has happened twice more and last night I had to get it towed to the dealership. Today they pushed it into the service department and before they could do anything it awoke and was able to be used normally. Now BMW is telling me they need it to fail again before they can start working on the issue. So frustrating because it can go a week without it happening. It has never stopped working while I am driving and the only thing I have to do is reset the clock once it awakes.

Can anyone help me out there as to what is happening???? The battery is showing that it is in perfect health.
See your other post, possibly this:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW SI B61 08 11.pdf (170.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf BMW B61 08 11 Fuse Box Replacement.pdf (363.1 KB, 21 views)

06 e90 325i /Jet Black/Black Leatherette/Steptronic/Cold Weather Package/Style 197's
SpeedBuggy is offline   United_States