E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > where did you buy your Dcan cable from for your 2007 & up car?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
dj_b4l
Banned
 
Drives: E93 & E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 118
iTrader: (2)

where did you buy your Dcan cable from for your 2007 & up car?

Hi guys i want to make a thread to find out where everyone got there cable from for Dcan Cars? 2007 and up to cars like 2011

also those who brought a cable but it didnt work on there Dcan car please also message where you brought it from i.e. which seller if on ebay or website

so people dont waist there money buying from same seller if there cables dont work

Dcan cars are mostly 2007 and above
dj_b4l is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
coopersim
Captain
 
coopersim's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

Posts: 775
iTrader: (2)

I could also do with knowing this as I can't find the correct looking cable on eBay (they appear only to be selling the old OBDII style cable, not the smaller one present in 2008 E92's)
coopersim is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
_ink
Captain
 
_ink's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 936
iTrader: (0)

Just search eBay for this:

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface

and compare it to the specs for this:

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16
_ink is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
coopersim
Captain
 
coopersim's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

Posts: 775
iTrader: (2)

That's great, thank you.

The funny thing is that comparing it to the one I bought for my 2003 VW Beetle, it looks very similar, even though the VW one is a fair bit bigger!
coopersim is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
BmerMeUp
First Lieutenant
 
BmerMeUp's Avatar
 
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

I got mine from Tmart - well, that is I ORDERED mine from Tmart on November 1, 2012. Today being December 6, 2012...still don't have it. They told me it can take "about 30 days" (i.e. drop-ship from China) but it still isn't here. So don't buy from Tmart if you're in any sort of hurry!

I'll let you know if it works... if it ever arrives.
(http://www.tmart.com/Interface-USB-O...W_p101210.html)
BmerMeUp is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
djbordie
Private
 
Drives: 2011 bmw 323i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada!

Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

theres a canadian ebay seller who has the good ones for 60$

beats waiting for the slow boat and sketchy products from china

cant remember who though...took 1 day to ship to me, but im canada as well.


here: and they are on sale!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-INPA...93300c&vxp=mtr
djbordie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
dj_b4l
Banned
 
Drives: E93 & E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 118
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Just search eBay for this:

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface

and compare it to the specs for this:

http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16
Hi mate thats the reason i made this thread i already brought 2 cables off ebay by comparing the specs and guess what both dont to my E93 Dcan but connect fine to my E60 Kcan i think both are faulty or copy

The dcan tool app cant communicate with them tried few different drivers no luck
E89 daten files are all updated

Avoid these sellers

Ebuybox
And
DikonTech_2

One cable is with clear case and white board

Other is blue board with clear case

Last edited by dj_b4l; 12-18-2012 at 01:30 PM.
dj_b4l is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
dj_b4l
Banned
 
Drives: E93 & E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 118
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
I got mine from Tmart - well, that is I ORDERED mine from Tmart on November 1, 2012. Today being December 6, 2012...still don't have it. They told me it can take "about 30 days" (i.e. drop-ship from China) but it still isn't here. So don't buy from Tmart if you're in any sort of hurry!

I'll let you know if it works... if it ever arrives.
(http://www.tmart.com/Interface-USB-O...W_p101210.html)
Give is a update mate will help others too thanks
dj_b4l is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
dj_b4l
Banned
 
Drives: E93 & E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 118
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
theres a canadian ebay seller who has the good ones for 60$

beats waiting for the slow boat and sketchy products from china

cant remember who though...took 1 day to ship to me, but im canada as well.


here: and they are on sale!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-INPA...93300c&vxp=mtr
Does your cable connect to cars 2007 and up if so what cars

And what driver did you use

One of my cables is sane as yours same case same white circuit board work on e60 2004 playe and e46 but not my E93 06/2007
dj_b4l is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Just buy the one with the adapter from onestopelectronics and be done with it guys.
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
BmerMeUp
First Lieutenant
 
BmerMeUp's Avatar
 
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_b4l View Post
Give is a update mate will help others too thanks
Absolutely - as soon as "I" know, you guys will know for sure!
BmerMeUp is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
hnekcivic
Private
 
hnekcivic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: kansas city, mo

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

i need help to find a cable for my 05/2007 car, so many seller on ebay , not sure who selling the good working cable
hnekcivic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
hnekcivic
Private
 
hnekcivic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: kansas city, mo

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Ediabas-...item3f1eafa81a
im thinking of ordering this one
hnekcivic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #14
mikefromMA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 302
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2013 M3  [4.50]
2013 BMW x3  [0.00]
Look at this on eBay:

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface D-CAN CAN OBD OBD2 New

http://bit.ly/127fDa3

Bought this less than two weeks ago. Already received and successfully coded.
mikefromMA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
unrealii
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 335 E93 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 215
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335I  [5.00]
I purchased mine from jephistech (which is the same as one stop electronics) for $90 on ebay. Its listed at $99, submit an offer for $90. Includes cable and adapter.
unrealii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
coopersim
Captain
 
coopersim's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

Posts: 775
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromMA View Post
Look at this on eBay:

BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface D-CAN CAN OBD OBD2 New

http://bit.ly/127fDa3

Bought this less than two weeks ago. Already received and successfully coded.
That one looks like it's only for cars up to 03.2008 though, mine is actually March 2008 so don't know if that will work!

I really don't want to spend $90 + on a cable when I could spend less, but is anyone able to confirm if there is a cheaper DCAN cable compatible with my car?
coopersim is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
mikefromMA
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 302
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2013 M3  [4.50]
2013 BMW x3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
That one looks like it's only for cars up to 03.2008 though, mine is actually March 2008 so don't know if that will work!

I really don't want to spend $90 + on a cable when I could spend less, but is anyone able to confirm if there is a cheaper DCAN cable compatible with my car?
are you sure? i have a 2011 and it says for use of all models after 2007? unless i'm insane. Nevertheless, i had great success with it.

here's another
http://www.amazon.com/Loftek-Interfa...&keywords=dcan

i can shoot you the software for free as well
mikefromMA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
coopersim
Captain
 
coopersim's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Lupo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berks

Posts: 775
iTrader: (2)

Thanks mikefromMA, it's good to know that it should work on a later car!

I stupidly went and bought this one earlier today and I'm sure it's wrong as it says in tiny writing that will only work with cars up to 2007, oops

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008634336...84.m1439.l2649
coopersim is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
3_runner
Second Lieutenant
 
3_runner's Avatar
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Cod

Posts: 197
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict
Just buy the one with the adapter from onestopelectronics and be done with it guys.
How long did it take you to receive your cable... A month or so?
3_runner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #20
BmerMeUp
First Lieutenant
 
BmerMeUp's Avatar
 
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

Finally received my cable and software from Tmart, 41 days after paying for it. Installed all the software (quite the process) got the cable talking to the laptop ok, but INPA will only confirm the "Battery" light. Tried a few things, can't get "Ignition" light to be filled in.

Bummer.
So here it starts...


Probably start with trying the "All In One" I saw from another post. I am trying to use the software which came with the cable - seems to be all the right stuff... just can't get INPA to see the "Ignition" is on when I hit the Ignition button on the car (without starting it).
BmerMeUp is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
e93driva
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 696
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp
Finally received my cable and software from Tmart, 41 days after paying for it. Installed all the software (quite the process) got the cable talking to the laptop ok, but INPA will only confirm the "Battery" light. Tried a few things, can't get "Ignition" light to be filled in.

Bummer.
So here it starts...


Probably start with trying the "All In One" I saw from another post. I am trying to use the software which came with the cable - seems to be all the right stuff... just can't get INPA to see the "Ignition" is on when I hit the Ignition button on the car (without starting it).
Pretty sure that doesn't matter. Load up NCS and try to connect to your car. The whole battery/ignition thing is just to make sure everything is working but sometimes it doesn't work.. Same thing happened to me.
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
e93driva is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
BmerMeUp
First Lieutenant
 
BmerMeUp's Avatar
 
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 375
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Pretty sure that doesn't matter. Load up NCS and try to connect to your car. The whole battery/ignition thing is just to make sure everything is working but sometimes it doesn't work.. Same thing happened to me.
Oh! Ok! I'll try, thanks!
BmerMeUp is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST