E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Anyone know how to wrap interior with CF fabric or know a shop that will in south fl



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Anyone know how to wrap interior with CF fabric or know a shop that will in south fl

title
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Kid Red
Lieutenant
Kid Red's Avatar
5
Rep
564
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Casselberry, Fl

iTrader: (6)

I do. Do you need some pointers?
__________________
My Current: 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 335i /Sport/DCT/PDC/Nav/Black Leather/CF Wrapped Interior/Gloss Black Grill/ JB+ / 360 Forged Mesh 8 19" / BMW Performance Rep Trunk Spoiler / More coming...
My Other: 2006 Audi A4- Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
33
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

dont do fabric, do vinyl. fabric is a bitch!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
TigOn.
Sergeant
TigOn.'s Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
431
Posts

 
Drives: 07 N54 e90 FBO / 08 BMW X3 /
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh69
dont do fabric, do vinyl. fabric is a bitch!!
What he said
__________________

JB4 G5 iso///BMS DCI///AA Downpipes///AA Intercooler///Alpina B3 GT3 Flash///CF CSL trunk///OEM 220 wheels///Modded Exhaust///Tri-Stiched DCT steering wheel///Michelin PSS///M3 Front Control Arm/Tension Strut Retrofit///ST Coilovers///3M CF Interior Trim///Cyba Air Scoops & Exhaust Tips///CPE CP///LED'S///MTech V4's
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
JustinB615
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
230
Posts

 
Drives: LeMans MSport E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Yeah I did fabric and it was a PITA! Definitely go vinyl.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red View Post
I do. Do you need some pointers?
Yea, I'm pretty bad with this kind of stuff. Probably wont even be able to figure out how to take the trim off. I can't find the DIY with the vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh69 View Post
dont do fabric, do vinyl. fabric is a bitch!!
I actually was reading on here last night that the fabric is easier and will last longer and looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigOn. View Post
What he said
I'm scared that Ill snap something in the trim when taking it off lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
TigOn.
Sergeant
TigOn.'s Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
431
Posts

 
Drives: 07 N54 e90 FBO / 08 BMW X3 /
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Piece of cake man, follow the diy on this forum and wrap your interior with 3M 1080 vinyl
__________________

JB4 G5 iso///BMS DCI///AA Downpipes///AA Intercooler///Alpina B3 GT3 Flash///CF CSL trunk///OEM 220 wheels///Modded Exhaust///Tri-Stiched DCT steering wheel///Michelin PSS///M3 Front Control Arm/Tension Strut Retrofit///ST Coilovers///3M CF Interior Trim///Cyba Air Scoops & Exhaust Tips///CPE CP///LED'S///MTech V4's
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigOn. View Post
Piece of cake man, follow the diy on this forum and wrap your interior with 3M 1080 vinyl
I found a film sheet 24"x 60" on ebay you think that's enough? And do you see a DIY for vinyl wrap? I swear I only found one for the fabric one and the CF plastic trim
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigOn. View Post
Piece of cake man, follow the diy on this forum and wrap your interior with 3M 1080 vinyl
Just ordered some. god what have I done lol
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
TigOn.
Sergeant
TigOn.'s Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
431
Posts

 
Drives: 07 N54 e90 FBO / 08 BMW X3 /
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigOn. View Post
Piece of cake man, follow the diy on this forum and wrap your interior with 3M 1080 vinyl
Just ordered some. god what have I done lol
The job is easy, pm me if you get stuck.
__________________

JB4 G5 iso///BMS DCI///AA Downpipes///AA Intercooler///Alpina B3 GT3 Flash///CF CSL trunk///OEM 220 wheels///Modded Exhaust///Tri-Stiched DCT steering wheel///Michelin PSS///M3 Front Control Arm/Tension Strut Retrofit///ST Coilovers///3M CF Interior Trim///Cyba Air Scoops & Exhaust Tips///CPE CP///LED'S///MTech V4's
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigOn. View Post
The job is easy, pm me if you get stuck.
Thanks man I will. The hardest part looks like it would be taking out the center trim due to all wires and connections and pulling the shift knob off
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
3,228
Posts


 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.03]
These guys should be able to help ya out

http://2fam.com/

Speak to Jared....Dimitri referred you
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Kid Red
Lieutenant
Kid Red's Avatar
5
Rep
564
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Casselberry, Fl

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Thanks man I will. The hardest part looks like it would be taking out the center trim due to all wires and connections and pulling the shift knob off
There's a DIY around here that I used, can't find the link tho. Trim removal is in that thread and it's not that hard. Center console was all pull, the trim around the shifter popped up. iDrive was a cable disconnect, and then you angled the trim up and over the shifter (in N i think). It was pretty painless.

Get a large single sheet, amazon has it. I got 1080p CF from 3M. You'll need hair dryer, new exacto knife, towel/softer working surface. Amazon also has some 3M glue, in a small tube/stick form. That will help around the corners of the vents.

You lay the trim on the material, cut it's outline, then stick it. Once the face of the trim has the vynil, the corners are like xmas presents. The vinyl is plyable, flexible, so you need to heat, pull, then stick. You need to do that with the hair dryer and pull the vinyl flat, then stick it. You keep doing that until you have it flat.

Inside corners are the same concept, but they will have less material. The glue in the corners should help hold.

I've had mine for 6+ months in the FL sun, no probs so far. I took photos for a DIY, I just haven't gotten around to putting all my photos together. Here are a few.


__________________
My Current: 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 335i /Sport/DCT/PDC/Nav/Black Leather/CF Wrapped Interior/Gloss Black Grill/ JB+ / 360 Forged Mesh 8 19" / BMW Performance Rep Trunk Spoiler / More coming...
My Other: 2006 Audi A4- Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
Poderes1
Lieutenant
United_States
6
Rep
501
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: PSL, Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Poderes1
WrapWerks !!!
__________________
08 E92 335 i AW/CR, Alum Trim, Prem & Sport Pkgs, Step w/Paddles, Nav, 3M 20% tint all around, Passport 9500i radar, JB3 v2.0 with USB, Matte Black Grills, RPI Ram Air Scoops, OSS Full Blackout Angels V2, LED Turnsignals and sidemarkers, Helix V2 Stepped Front Mount Intercooler, Bastuck Quad Exhaust, Custom rear valence, Forged 1 Eight Deep Concaves Coral Red/Matte Black centers and Gloss Black Barrels 20x8.5f and 20x10.5r
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red View Post
There's a DIY around here that I used, can't find the link tho. Trim removal is in that thread and it's not that hard. Center console was all pull, the trim around the shifter popped up. iDrive was a cable disconnect, and then you angled the trim up and over the shifter (in N i think). It was pretty painless.

Get a large single sheet, amazon has it. I got 1080p CF from 3M. You'll need hair dryer, new exacto knife, towel/softer working surface. Amazon also has some 3M glue, in a small tube/stick form. That will help around the corners of the vents.

You lay the trim on the material, cut it's outline, then stick it. Once the face of the trim has the vynil, the corners are like xmas presents. The vinyl is plyable, flexible, so you need to heat, pull, then stick. You need to do that with the hair dryer and pull the vinyl flat, then stick it. You keep doing that until you have it flat.

Inside corners are the same concept, but they will have less material. The glue in the corners should help hold.

I've had mine for 6+ months in the FL sun, no probs so far. I took photos for a DIY, I just haven't gotten around to putting all my photos together. Here are a few.

[IMGhttp://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/rlyon72/2702bcf0.jpg[/IMG][IM]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/rlyon72/5c8c87c7.jpg[/IMG][IG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/rlyon72/1f035f4a.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/rlyon72/f19e4a3d.jpg[/IMGIMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z11/rlyon72/0e98d9c3.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks for the input! I ordered the 1080 3m wrap (24"x60") and it was only 29.99 shipped. Should be here in a few days
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
33
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
I actually was reading on here last night that the fabric is easier and will last longer and looks better.

whoever was saying that is a liar, trust me i did both, fabric first then vinyl and the two are worlds apart as far as materia/looks/durability.


fabric = year 1920

vinyl = year 2050

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #17
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
33
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Thanks for the input! I ordered the 1080 3m wrap (24"x60") and it was only 29.99 shipped. Should be here in a few days
thats not going to be enough, you needed 48"x60" if i were you i would order another 24"x60" to save time.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
teleopti
Banned
teleopti's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
2,056
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to teleopti
what color trim do you have? I have mine already wrapped and could use a change if you want to swap
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleopti View Post
what color trim do you have? I have mine already wrapped and could use a change if you want to swap
I have the wood one

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST