E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 3rd party car warranties.

12-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Vaheed1
Captain

Drives: E90 330d M Sport

3rd party car warranties.

Afternoon all.

My GTi is about to hit 130,000 miles and with it being a DSG, I'm starting to get a little nervous about it all. It has recently been serviced and works as it should - although there are some days when it can be a little jerky at low speeds and if I'm not changing the gears myself, a little hesitant through 1st 2nd and 3rd.

I'm pretty sure this is down to the fact that I do allot of short journeys - and the car isn't getting a proper chance of warming up and keeping warm. On the long runs I have had in it - 2-300 miles - the gearbox is smooth throughout.

So, do you think it's worth getting a 3rd party warranty? If so, is there anyone you can recommend for high mileage cover?

I've done a google search and just get the same old fill-your-name-in-and-we-will-spam-your-inbox-to-death websites, which have no intentions of selling me a warranty. The big hitters in the market - warranty direct..etc... will not cover above 100,000 miles.
      12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General

Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
Afternoon all.

My GTi is about to hit 130,000 miles and with it being a DSG, I'm starting to get a little nervous about it all. It has recently been serviced and works as it should - although there are some days when it can be a little jerky at low speeds and if I'm not changing the gears myself, a little hesitant through 1st 2nd and 3rd.

I'm pretty sure this is down to the fact that I do allot of short journeys - and the car isn't getting a proper chance of warming up and keeping warm. On the long runs I have had in it - 2-300 miles - the gearbox is smooth throughout.

So, do you think it's worth getting a 3rd party warranty? If so, is there anyone you can recommend for high mileage cover?

I've done a google search and just get the same old fill-your-name-in-and-we-will-spam-your-inbox-to-death websites, which have no intentions of selling me a warranty. The big hitters in the market - warranty direct..etc... will not cover above 100,000 miles.
I think you'll struggle to find any cover for a car with so many miles,and if you do, the monthly/yearly fee will be prohibitively expensive.
The cover will also probably contain so many exclusions that have an impact on what the cover really gives you,that it would be a total waste of money.

You'd be better off setting aside a sum of money mthly,so if something expensive does happen,you'll have something to one side which helps.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Hotcoupe is offline   United Kingdom
      12-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
greggS
Enlisted Member

Drives: E92 335i, E46 325ci

check out click4warranty, I came across them whilst searching via Google for a similar issue. its a relatively new operation but reviews seem ok.