E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding my reverse mirrors to tilt further down



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Coding my reverse mirrors to tilt further down

Today I parked my car and almost curb the shit out of my passenger side back rim...I got out and thank god it didnt scrap the shit out of my rim but the tire got a little scraped but nothing to worry about..I got lucky as the sidewalk had a metal lip over the side!
The passenger mirror did tilt down but not enough to see the curb. The setting from default factory is rather useless. When i got home I was like I guess I have to Nettodat code my passenger mirror to tilt enough for me to see the damn sidewalk! I knew this coding was available but I never thought it would be usefull!lol....Well after coding it I know for sure I am not going to curb my rim again if I park on the right hand side...If I park on the drivers side and curb my rim, well then I would have to blame that I am an idiot! Now when I am in reverse gear, my passenger mirror tilts to the point that I can see clearly my back tire and the curb!

I didnt make this video and All the credit for the video goes to JoseJJn. If he sees this and wants me to take it down, I will oblige..

__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area


Last edited by cn555ic; 12-16-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
81
Rep
4,448
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Nice. Post details please
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
e90sexion's Avatar
Canada
81
Rep
6,365
Posts

 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA

iTrader: (16)

i need this coding
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Its so functional compared to before...I have no idea why BMW would not have coded it like this before straight from the factory..The amount that it did tilt i guess helps to check out the side quarter panel, but alot more usage out of this feature for alot of us, is to prevent messing up our nice rims!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area


Last edited by cn555ic; 12-15-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
cypis007
Private
Slovakia
0
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: E91 318d Touring
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Slovakia

iTrader: (0)

And give us info if you have electrical seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypis007 View Post
And give us info if you have electrical seats.
What does electrical seats have to do with this mirror coding ??
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I used Nettodat coding using NCS for Dummies


Frm2

Fahweg_bordstein_autom

custom value is 5A

Frm3

Asp_weg_bordstein-autom

custom value is 5A


Here are the steps required: Again you should be pretty experienced in coding..

-Code using NCSexpert like you normally would and when the Nettodat file pops up, close it out and make a note of the FRM module that is on your car..
-Load up NCS for Dummies
-Load E89 chassis daten folder
-Look up the module that your car has within that e89 daten
-Load the Nettodat.trc file in the NCSexpert Work folder
-Then the trace editor will pop up at the top of NCS for dummies if you have correctly matched the module and the trc file..Once it reads the entire module..
-Look for the script above that pertains to your module on your car
-Right click on the script line I posted above for your module on your car
-There will be a new custom line, click on it and now in green there is a new entry at the bottom of the script line your coding..click on it and at the bottom change the value to 5A
-After changing it make sure arrow is checked on the new custom value
-Export trace file to nettodat.man ( it will state there is already the same file copy over it..yes)
-Go back into ncsexpert and hit basic functions...use CoapiCodeSgNettodat
-It will then have a box pop up with your module your coding at the top and the bottom part you need to
-Enter Nettodat.man and hit return (make sure ignition is on because as soon as you hit return because coding will begin immediately after hitting return)

Coding will commence and you will see your lighting module reset itself, and then NCSexpert will return back to the page before you went to NCS for dummies...Close out the ncsexpert at this point. Congrats you coded your mirror
to show the curb and the rear passenger tire and basically did what BMW should have done in the first place to make this functionality USEFUL!

Make sure after you close out the NCSexpert to clear your man file or your next coding experience you will run into errors..
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area


Last edited by cn555ic; 12-16-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I used Nettodat coding using NCS for Dummies


Frm2

Fahweg_bordstein_autom

custom value is 5A

Frm3

Asp_weg_bordstein-autom

custom value is 5A


Here are the steps required: Again you should be pretty experienced in coding..

-Code using NCSexpert like you normally would and when the Nettodat file pops up, close it out and make a note of the FRM module that is on your car..
-Load up NCS for Dummies
-Load E89 chassis daten folder
-Look up the module that your car has within that e89 daten
-Load the Nettodat.trc file in the NCSexpert Work folder
-Then the trace editor will pop up at the top of NCS for dummies if you have correctly matched the module and the trc file..Once it reads the entire module..
-Look for the script above that pertains to your module on your car
-Right click on the script line I posted above for your module on your car
-There will be a new custom line, click on it and now in green there is a new entry at the bottom of the script line your coding..click on it and at the bottom change the value to 5A
-After changing it make sure arrow is checked on the new custom value
-Export trace file to nettodat.man ( it will state there is already the same file copy over it..yes)
-Go back into ncsexpert and hit basic functions...use CoapiCodeSgNettodat
-It will then have a box pop up with your module your coding at the top and the bottom part you need to
-Enter Nettodat.man and hit return (make sure ignition is on because as soon as you hit return because coding will begin immediately after hitting return)

Coding will commence and you will see your lighting module reset itself, and then NCSexpert will return back to the page before you went to NCS for dummies...Close out the ncsexpert at this point. Congrats you coded your mirror
to show the curb and the rear passenger tire and basically did what BMW should have done in the first place to make this functionality USEFUL!

Make sure after you close out the NCSexpert to clear your man file or your next coding experience you will run into errors..
Good freakin God man!

For F10 Chassis and E-Sys, it's ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA and a 1-1/2 minute job.

You can have your Exx Chassis coding. Too much work.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Good freakin God man!

For F10 Chassis and E-Sys, it's ASP_BORDSTEINAUTOMATIK_DELTA and a 1-1/2 minute job.

You can have your Exx Chassis coding. Too much work.
lol! Trust me I know! E-Sys coding is so much easier and efficient.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #10
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
lol! Trust me I know! E-Sys coding is so much easier and efficient.
Ok. I'll bite. What is an FBO 335i Vert?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok. I'll bite. What is an FBO 335i Vert?
FBO Vert... Is basically every single conceivable bolt on modification on a convertible that has to do with performance...I have all the bolt ons, plus methanol injection and nitrous!

FBO is Full Bolt-on mods
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
FBO Vert... Is basically every single conceivable bolt on modification on a convertible that has to do with performance...I have all the bolt ons, plus methanol injection and nitrous!

FBO is Full Bolt-on mods
Hmm...wouldn't that be EBO then?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Hmm...wouldn't that be EBO then?
lol! I guess thats the lingo that was given over here on E90!
You should try some E series coding...Its so ancient compared to E-Sys!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
lol! I guess thats the lingo that was given over here on E90!
You should try some E series coding...Its so ancient compared to E-Sys!
No way brother. I want no part of that. As you know, I can extensively code an entire Fxx chassis in under 30 minutes. It looks like just your Mirror Dip alone took that long.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #15
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No way brother. I want no part of that. As you know, I can extensively code an entire Fxx chassis in under 30 minutes. It looks like just your Mirror Dip alone took that long.
You think this coding took long, the other one for blinker lane change marker to blink at 5 blinks from default 3 times, takes even more time!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
You think this coding took long, the other one for blinker lane change marker to blink at 5 blinks from default 3 times, takes even more time!
So how long would it take you for the Kitchen Sink package on an E9x?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
So how long would it take you for the Kitchen Sink package on an E9x?
Hmmm I would say about an hour to hour 15 minutes for EVERYTHING!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
4,904
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Hmmm I would say about an hour to hour 15 minutes for EVERYTHING!
Ok, not as long as I thought it would be. When Fxx chassis starts taking that long though, I may need to start charging.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok, not as long as I thought it would be. When Fxx chassis starts taking that long though, I may need to start charging.
Your the godfather of E-Sys my friend!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #20
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,365
Posts

 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

Wicked feature.

Tried it out and it worked but the coding didn't stick (was back to normal this morning).

Will try it again tonight.
Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
cn555ic's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
18,287
Posts


 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Desi. That's weird. It should for sure stick. Try it again and report back. Do exactly the way I did it with using NCS for dummies.
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #22
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,365
Posts

 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Desi. That's weird. It should for sure stick. Try it again and report back. Do exactly the way I did it with using NCS for dummies.
Yea it probably wasn't a good idea to do this coding while I was sick with a bad migrain (BMW dedication right here...lol).


Yea i'll try it again. My situation might be a bit different as I have retrofitted an frm2. So I am tricking ncs expert in a way to read the nfrm module. I'll keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST