E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New Car



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #23
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
RockIt's Avatar
England
27
Rep
1,720
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Curry Capital of Yorkshire!

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
You forgot to mention that you added the optional teasmaid. I can't think what else that cup of tea icon on the dash could mean.

Looks very nice.
Thanks. LOL. Teasmaid symbol is bizarre! As I explained earlier in the thread, if you drift across lanes on the motorway.A road, the cup gets bigger and there's an audible warning...suggesting that a break might be needed, presumably for a coffee!! You can disable this function.
__________________

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #24
chrisbin
Colonel
chrisbin's Avatar
36
Rep
2,328
Posts

 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Thanks. LOL. Teasmaid symbol is bizarre! As I explained earlier in the thread, if you drift across lanes on the motorway.A road, the cup gets bigger and there's an audible warning...suggesting that a break might be needed, presumably for a coffee!! You can disable this function.
Nice one. In 8k miles I've made mine come on once!! At least it proved it works and I have to confess that I had just made a couple of erratic moves on the motorway - blame the kids!!
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
98
Rep
8,173
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Lovely car with the right engine Merc have come a long way with the interiors. How you getting on with the foot operated parking brake?

The Becker nav is a bargain and nice to use.

Isn't the 7sp auto smooth.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #26
Snooky
Major
Snooky's Avatar
Scotland
13
Rep
1,165
Posts

 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car Gav, love it!
__________________
Still missing my E92 335i M Sport!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #27
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
RockIt's Avatar
England
27
Rep
1,720
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Curry Capital of Yorkshire!

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post
Nice one. In 8k miles I've made mine come on once!! At least it proved it works and I have to confess that I had just made a couple of erratic moves on the motorway - blame the kids!!
I have yet to see it do anything! I'll have try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Lovely car with the right engine Merc have come a long way with the interiors. How you getting on with the foot operated parking brake?

The Becker nav is a bargain and nice to use.

Isn't the 7sp auto smooth.
Thanks! Yep, the interior is great, the map pilot, after faffing with incredibly frustrating updates is excellent and the engine is superb! This is my first auto, so taking some getting used to, but it's great to drive to work in eco mode and I just let the car waft along... and sport and manual modes seem entertaining enough! The only thing I really don't like is the foot operated brake. It seems utterly anachronistic and is really unnatural to use. I can only assume that Mercedes fit it still out of some bizarre nod to their heritage. They should ditch it immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Beautiful car Gav, love it!
Thank mate. Appreciated!
__________________

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST