E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #727
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Damm! I hate this time when 70% of my friends have a shutdown and I am working. Actually I am not doing shit but "professional firms" don't have a shutdown! Bunch of losers. Including me.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #728
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Damm! I hate this time when 70% of my friends have a shutdown and I am working. Actually I am not doing shit but "professional firms" don't have a shutdown! Bunch of losers. Including me.
It's okay, im working too
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #729
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Damm! I hate this time when 70% of my friends have a shutdown
in the oil/gas business a "shutdown" means that you're probably working 14 days in a row with one day off, then working another 14 days in a row....
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #730
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Alright just a word of advice for you guys who want to order springs in future. Kuruma Motoring on ebay is POS. They have like 72000 feedback so i though ohh nice. I couldnt get the springs faster from local vendors here before next year so I ordered from there. Been like 3 weeks and still no springs. No reply to emails. They r legit but hellla sloww
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #731
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
in the oil/gas business a "shutdown" means that you're probably working 14 days in a row with one day off, then working another 14 days in a row....
Damm. 14 days in a row. Well mine is about to get hectic in Feb till April. I will be working some Saturdays
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #732
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
in the oil/gas business a "shutdown" means that you're probably working 14 days in a row with one day off, then working another 14 days in a row....
I still can't figure out why my post got deleted. I don't wanna comment on that thread but maybe because I called some people here on m3post are plain stu**d.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #733
Litos
Banned
United_States
58
Rep
2,900
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Damm. 14 days in a row. Well mine is about to get hectic in Feb till April. I will be working some Saturdays
yeah, grew up listening to my dad talking about another shutdown at the plant.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #734
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
53
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

good morning east coasters.

good morning/afternoon/evening?? to the west coasters.
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #735
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
good morning east coasters.

good morning/afternoon/evening?? to the west coasters.
7:30 am on this side!

Also this is it guys! 1 more day, I'm going out in a blaze of glory
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #736
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
5,705
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
good morning east coasters.

good morning/afternoon/evening?? to the west coasters.
morning from the DMV. The office coffee is unsually good today, dunno what the deal is
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #737
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
53
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Also this is it guys! 1 more day, I'm going out in a blaze of glory
911 is your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
morning from the DMV. The office coffee is unsually good today, dunno what the deal is
DMV as in dept. of motor vehicles?
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #738
silvergray545
Skittles
silvergray545's Avatar
Lebanon
45
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Alright just a word of advice for you guys who want to order springs in future. Kuruma Motoring on ebay is POS. They have like 72000 feedback so i though ohh nice. I couldnt get the springs faster from local vendors here before next year so I ordered from there. Been like 3 weeks and still no springs. No reply to emails. They r legit but hellla sloww
I honestly can't trust anyone off ebay anymore. It just seems so shady these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
morning from the DMV. The office coffee is unsually good today, dunno what the deal is
I found out that the office where I'm starting my big boy job has a bunch of Keurigs. I can't wait to make like 9 different cups of coffee a day.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #739
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
upstatedoc's Avatar
53
Rep
1,592
Posts

 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I'm starting my big boy job .
lol

good on ya/get er done.

work hard, millions on welfare are depending on you.
__________________
2014 S.S. P938 Nightmare
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #740
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I found out that the office where I'm starting my big boy job has a bunch of Keurigs. I can't wait to make like 9 different cups of coffee a day.
big boy jobs suck I miss doing my own thing, its nice to pay for the toys, but If I could find a way to pay for the toys by playing with the toys I'd be set.

Any mechanic shops around willing to hire me at my current salary+benefits? with virtually no real mechanic experience? I can drive like a mofo though, I'll drive a shop race car
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #741
silvergray545
Skittles
silvergray545's Avatar
Lebanon
45
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
lol

good on ya/get er done.

work hard, millions on welfare are depending on you.
Damn it...can't I work for myself a little bit first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
big boy jobs suck I miss doing my own thing, its nice to pay for the toys, but If I could find a way to pay for the toys by playing with the toys I'd be set.

Any mechanic shops around willing to hire me at my current salary+benefits?
I wanted to be a mechanic for the longest time, then I realized something. I love working on my own car but I hate working on other people's cars. Idk why but it just annoys the shit out of me. So I decided to just leave working on cars as a hobby lol. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous of my one friend. He went to school to be an auto mechanic. Then Audi picked him up. About a year ago he got promoted to work at one of the biggest Audi dealers in the country. He literally cranks wrenches on R8's every day. Yesterday, he was posting pictures of him breaking down an R8 with a blown tranny. That would be a sweet job.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #742
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Damn it...can't I work for myself a little bit first?

I wanted to be a mechanic for the longest time, then I realized something. I love working on my own car but I hate working on other people's cars. Idk why but it just annoys the shit out of me. So I decided to just leave working on cars as a hobby lol. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous of my one friend. He went to school to be an auto mechanic. Then Audi picked him up. About a year ago he got promoted to work at one of the biggest Audi dealers in the country. He literally cranks wrenches on R8's every day. Yesterday, he was posting pictures of him breaking down an R8 with a blown tranny. That would be a sweet job.
thats exactly what I would like, wrenching on high end cars, or owning my own shop. Mostly to fund my racing, shit i'll live in the shop if it can cover all of my racing expenses.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #743
silvergray545
Skittles
silvergray545's Avatar
Lebanon
45
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
thats exactly what I would like, wrenching on high end cars, or owning my own shop. Mostly to fund my racing, shit i'll live in the shop if it can cover all of my racing expenses.
Cars are so technical these days, you need to be trained on every frickin specific model that comes out. I miss the carbureted days where everything was simple (Actually, I've never seen the carbureted days because I'm only 23 LOL).

I'd like to get a weekend warrior/because race car next year. Not sure what though.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #744
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Cars are so technical these days, you need to be trained on every frickin specific model that comes out. I miss the carbureted days where everything was simple (Actually, I've never seen the carbureted days because I'm only 23 LOL).

I'd like to get a weekend warrior/because race car next year. Not sure what though.
Luckily, you plug in a laptop and it tells you exactly what's wrong with it

I'll sell you one of mine
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #745
silvergray545
Skittles
silvergray545's Avatar
Lebanon
45
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Luckily, you plug in a laptop and it tells you exactly what's wrong with it

I'll sell you one of mine
Haha true!

What do you have to sell? I think I want something with a snail or two to start with.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #746
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
5,705
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
911 is your friend.



DMV as in dept. of motor vehicles?
Lol no. DMV= District, Maryland, Virginia. Dumb of me to assume someone from outside the area would get that, my bad.

edit: I am one hungry dude, but if I get lunch now the afternoon will last an eternity...decisions decisions.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #747
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Haha true!

What do you have to sell? I think I want something with a snail or two to start with.
I suggest getting a bit of underpowered car to start with if you really do want to get into tracking heavily/seriously. It'll teach you car control and let you focus on learning rather than "racing", then you can move up to more powerful cars, I raced a 160hp Porsche 924s (944 spec so it was gutted, full cage, etc) for about 5 years before I moved up and even in the 924s I could run laps around the guys bringing high horsepower cars out to the track. I have passed many a ferrari in a corner only to have the owner hate me afterward because I showed up his 200k car in my 7k track beater. granted as soon as we got to the straights I was a dot in his mirror what im getting at, is that IMO its more important to learn how to drive than have power, becase that power will bite you in the ass at some point. Now days im running a Porsche 928 (500whp/450ish tq) weighing it at close to 2500 lbs so this thing flies. I still lose it some times, even though I have years of experience. you can only do so much before you're just along for the ride. ie going off track at 130 into a dirt embankment then over the embankment into a sand pit luckily I was going backwards so the car didnt flip when i hit the dirt. start taking your 5 to the track, it will start getting you the seat time ( i used to do autox in a 4 door accord before I got a decent car) and always remember, if in doubt go flat out.

edit: sorry for the rambling, I could talk about this for hours. I absolutely love driving
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #748
silvergray545
Skittles
silvergray545's Avatar
Lebanon
45
Rep
454
Posts

 
Drives: E60 545i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I suggest getting a bit of underpowered car to start with if you really do want to get into tracking heavily/seriously. It'll teach you car control and let you focus on learning rather than "racing", then you can move up to more powerful cars, I raced a 160hp Porsche 924s (944 spec so it was gutted, full cage, etc) for about 5 years before I moved up and even in the 924s I could run laps around the guys bringing high horsepower cars out to the track. I have passed many a ferrari in a corner only to have the owner hate me afterward because I showed up his 200k car in my 7k track beater. granted as soon as we got to the straights I was a dot in his mirror what im getting at, is that IMO its more important to learn how to drive than have power, becase that power will bite you in the ass at some point. Now days im running a Porsche 928 (500whp/450ish tq) weighing it at close to 2500 lbs so this thing flies. I still lose it some times, even though I have years of experience. you can only do so much before you're just along for the ride. ie going off track at 130 into a dirt embankment then over the embankment into a sand pit luckily I was going backwards so the car didnt flip when i hit the dirt. start taking your 5 to the track, it will start getting you the seat time ( i used to do autox in a 4 door accord before I got a decent car) and always remember, if in doubt go flat out.

edit: sorry for the rambling, I could talk about this for hours. I absolutely love driving
I've had a little bit of seat time with the 5 already. So, I'm not completely unfamiliar with how a powerful (I guess 325hp is powerful but not too crazy) car will react on the track. But you're 100% right, no matter what car, the amount of seat time is what's important. I had to get rid of the 5 about a year ago because it was having some serious problems. And I've been driving a Jetta for my last year of college. Once I get something a little more track worthy, I'll be headed back soon.
__________________

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST