E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > window trim wrap around the mirror?

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
window trim wrap around the mirror?
Published by BlackE93
12-15-2012
window trim wrap around the mirror?

hey so im planning to vinyl wrap my e93 and was wondering how do i wrap the trim under the side mirror? i looked at it and looked really hard cause it isnt exposed enough to wrap :s thanks
Tutorial Tools
By sickem on 12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
you will need to remove the mirror to do this right. Search for a DIY on removing E9x door panel. In the E90, there are three torx screws holding the mirror in place behind a speaker (BE SURE TO HOLD THE MIRROR AS YOU REMOVE THE LAST TORX SCREW OR YOUR MIRROR WILL SLAM AGAINST YOUR DOOR). There will be wires still connected to the mirror but you can just place a towel on your paint and gently lay the mirror against it while you wrap and then just replace everything.
By ramirez330i on 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
You DO NOT need to remove the mirror to do this. In fact, as a person who has done enough wraps to know how to do it without removing the mirror, it seems extremely foolish to go thru the work of removing the mirror for this (Its not easy). I recommend you find a shop that can wrap it for you.
By sickem on 12-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
You DO NOT need to remove the mirror to do this. In fact, as a person who has done enough wraps to know how to do it without removing the mirror, it seems extremely foolish to go thru the work of removing the mirror for this (Its not easy). I recommend you find a shop that can wrap it for you.
Well that's fine if you know what you're doing, but he apparently doesn't so I'm not sure what your point is. Hmm, take 10 min to remove a mirror (its not a big deal...ive done it) or pay someone a couple hundred dollars to wrap...that's an easy one!
Comment