E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My Christmas "SCAM" Story



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
Richurd
Captain
United_States
7

 
Richurd's Avatar
 
Drives: Too slow.
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nyc


Posts: 638
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I believe his other name was M3LOLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by m603 View Post
i was 1hr away from buying these same lights... sorry to hear bro. at the time, i kinda felt the deal was too good to be true....
Lucky you didn't buy it or simply I could have picked it for you lol.
__________________
07 e92 335i | BSM | SB | Gray Poplar Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium | Sport | Cold Weather | iDrive | Logic7 | Comfort Access |
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
gds52
Major
19

 
Drives: BMW 328i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ


Posts: 1,445
iTrader: (0)

Sad to know about your bad experience. I hope you recover some money.

This is the reason I never buy anything used online, no matter how much money I will save or how good the seller is.
I never buy anything online from a private seller.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
12

 
korr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bergen / Jersey


Posts: 733
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
ce na niang ah cuo bi gang luan
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport BSM


Last edited by korr; 12-25-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
onebadmofo
Banned
Russian Federation
54

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central NJ


Posts: 2,394
iTrader: (14)

I sent you a PM, might have more info.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
///M3NACE
Banned
60

 
///M3NACE's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downers Grove, IL


Posts: 3,907
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
I sent you a PM, might have more info.
details plz! lol
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
Mike L
New Member
0

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nj


Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
I sent you a PM, might have more info.
details plz! lol
Need to know basis. By putting it out here in the public, we jeopardize a lot. There are plenty of law enforcement officers on here that could easily track this POS down, but by putting sensitive info regarding someone's personal information, could risk our jobs.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
N55
Major
United_States
14

 
Drives: 2012 335IS E92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh


Posts: 1,221
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I learned this lesson a few years back. Now, I never buy anything unless it has crystal clear pictures. Now in days, it is really not that hard to get a nice picture (Heck, even from an iPhone).
__________________
2008 335xi E90 Alpine White - Sold - 8/19/10 > 2011 335xi E90 Jet Black - Sold - 6/27/12 > 2012 335IS E92 Crimson Red - Current

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
electro-house
Lieutenant
9

 
electro-house's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix


Posts: 512
iTrader: (0)

Postal insurance is almost useless for items becoming damaged. You would know if the lights became damaged during shipping, based on the quality of the packing job provided. USPS will only refund for damage if the packing job was more than sufficient, and proof of this is needed with photos during the claim process.

If you paid with a credit card you need to dispute the charge, they will just have you ship back the lights and issue a full refund, you pay return shipping. Make sure to get a tracking number.

Always pay for online purchases with credit cards, the rewards programs (cash back, miles, etc), and added security for situations like these are not beatable. Go the Paypal route if possible first, they only give a 45 day dispute window. If it is a dead end, hope you paid with a credit card, just call the number on the back and they will take care of you.

Been selling on eBay for a living for over a decade.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #31
Game
Major General
United_States
77

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,096
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro-house
Postal insurance is almost useless for items becoming damaged. You would know if the lights became damaged during shipping, based on the quality of the packing job provided. USPS will only refund for damage if the packing job was more than sufficient, and proof of this is needed with photos during the claim process.

If you paid with a credit card you need to dispute the charge, they will just have you ship back the lights and issue a full refund, you pay return shipping. Make sure to get a tracking number.

Always pay for online purchases with credit cards, the rewards programs (cash back, miles, etc), and added security for situations like these are not beatable. Go the Paypal route if possible first, they only give a 45 day dispute window. If it is a dead end, hope you paid with a credit card, just call the number on the back and they will take care of you.

Been selling on eBay for a living for over a decade.
I actually believe I paid through a debit card connected to my Paypal unfortunately.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #32
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
21

 
cmyk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas


Posts: 1,016
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Depending on who you bank with some banks offer various levels of buyer protection on debit card transactions. I have successfully disputed charges made via debit card purchase through both my old Bank Of America account and my current account with Chase. Call your bank up and see if they can help.

But I agree, I always make any online purchases over $100 or so via credit card for this reason (hindsight is 20/20 I know).

ETA: I would still file a dispute with PayPal. PayPal will pull the funds from the seller immediatelty while they investigate. If they side in your favor you will absolutely get your money back, and PayPal will go after the seller for the funds if he doesn't have enough in his PayPal balance to cover it. Doesn't matter if he no longer has the account or what bank account (if any) is tied to the account.
__________________


2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #33
fresh_LA
First Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 364
iTrader: (4)

sucks... especially during the holidays.

karma will eventually catch up to this Mike, Donald, or whoever this guy is.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #34
phillye30fanboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
Drives: 1988 BMW 325, now with 24v!
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: philadelphia


Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

you just said that the cracks were even in the picture that he sent you before shipment. your not going to get your money back because you didn't notice it, and didn't call him out on it...sorry
__________________
I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
KFJ512a
First Lieutenant
3

 
Drives: BMW e92 335i, e60 525i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, Mass


Posts: 311
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
People like that makes me sick. Hopefully USPS give you something back.


Other thought: Let's send a search party to the return address!
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #36
Game
Major General
United_States
77

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,096
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Depending on who you bank with some banks offer various levels of buyer protection on debit card transactions. I have successfully disputed charges made via debit card purchase through both my old Bank Of America account and my current account with Chase. Call your bank up and see if they can help.

But I agree, I always make any online purchases over $100 or so via credit card for this reason (hindsight is 20/20 I know).

ETA: I would still file a dispute with PayPal. PayPal will pull the funds from the seller immediatelty while they investigate. If they side in your favor you will absolutely get your money back, and PayPal will go after the seller for the funds if he doesn't have enough in his PayPal balance to cover it. Doesn't matter if he no longer has the account or what bank account (if any) is tied to the account.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillye30fanboy View Post
you just said that the cracks were even in the picture that he sent you before shipment. your not going to get your money back because you didn't notice it, and didn't call him out on it...sorry
Incorrect, you can see the crack in the original picture I got.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #37
mashimarho
BMW Genius
United_States
176

 
mashimarho's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan


Posts: 10,337
iTrader: (36)

Garage List
I'd still work out the taillights. They're usable.
__________________

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #38
Game
Major General
United_States
77

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,096
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
I'd still work out the taillights. They're usable.
They're in hideous condition and from what I've heard the are LEDs out.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #39
bmwforme
First Lieutenant
United_States
9

 
Drives: 11' Camry
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NYC


Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

i sell things on eBay maybe once a month. I am a good seller and have never had an issue yet Paypal holds my funds for up to days and days until the item is delivered because I am a "liability," incase there is an issue, they don't want me running away with the funds, ok.

OP, goodluck man, sucks there are people out there like this but at the end of the day, he is classless and a joke, making a quick buck here and there ripping hard working people off, nice way to live I guess.
__________________
19
Brooklyn, NYC
320i...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #40
Inspired
Colonel
40

 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California


Posts: 2,254
iTrader: (2)

What if the seller was telling the truth and the lights were damaged during shipping? I shipped thousands of things and sometimes things do get damaged during shipping.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #41
Game
Major General
United_States
77

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,096
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
What if the seller was telling the truth and the lights were damaged during shipping? I shipped thousands of things and sometimes things do get damaged during shipping.
I have members who he's come to with the lights damaged.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #42
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
32

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (4)

hey OP??? could this be your guy still roaming around here? with a not so different name, very little post count and very recent join date?


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784606
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #43
Game
Major General
United_States
77

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,096
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh69 View Post
hey OP??? could this be your guy still roaming around here? with a not so different name, very little post count and very recent join date?


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784606
Could be, I have no idea.

I have all of his actual info now though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #44
gunsekun
Banned
8

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: your mom's


Posts: 714
iTrader: (0)

i would ship back the tails with some dead rats...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST