E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > ~ eBay E92 Mtec Replica ~ Overstockautostore



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
guru_method
...Takin' names
guru_method's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

~ eBay E92 Mtec Replica ~ Overstockautostore

Hi guys,

Was looking at this EBAY MTEC BUMPER for my e92, looks to be great quality and the price is amazing. The seller, Overstockautostore, has 100% Feedback by this name and another alias on ebay that sells the same things and has the same format on their items. They accept offers so the bumper can probably go for $500 shipped.

Since there are a few purchases I was hoping somebody could chime in and vouch for this piece. Could it be the same as J G M O D S?

Thanks.



Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Tomz_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,919
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jet Black E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (11)

I bought my M3 rep off them. Excellent quality.
__________________
Stock....
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
5,126
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (15)

The consensus around here is that most companies buy their bumpers from the same manufacturer. Looks like to be the same case here.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
Niv3k
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335XI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Just bought a M3 replica from them, hope the fitment is excellent. Can't wait,
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
onesuperboi
Major
onesuperboi's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA (Alameda)

iTrader: (6)

This one says that you may need new bumper guides. I don't think jgmods needs new bumper guides ( not it is that much anyways) .
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
DrAmazing
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i Coupe JB4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Halifax, Canada

iTrader: (0)

are there any rep e92 mtech bumpers with lci style for pre-lci ?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
guru_method
...Takin' names
guru_method's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

^ Don't think so... haven't seen it anyways. Personally I think the pre-lci looks much better than the lci coupe's bumpers.

Gonna get that bumper naoo!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
NJ330i
Major
NJ330i's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (29)

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
I bought my m3 rep front and sides from them and they fit perfect
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
Niv3k
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335XI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Finally got my installed and loving it. Also got my spoiler from ebay too.

Here is a few pictures of it.

















Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #10
guru_method
...Takin' names
guru_method's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

^ looks great, I ordered mine, I can't wait until it's here.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
Andrik28
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Asheville NC

iTrader: (0)

I got my from JGMods. They are the real deal. Everything fit perfect
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
JGMODS
Major General
JGMODS's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
5,666
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrik28 View Post
I got my from JGMods. They are the real deal. Everything fit perfect
Thank you for the support. Happy New Year.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #13
oucheese
Private
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Montego Blue
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Are these direct fitment..... I seen the diy and dont want to spend that much for the extra vents and underbody cover etc....
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
yudeology101
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_method View Post
Hi guys,

Was looking at this EBAY MTEC BUMPER for my e92, looks to be great quality and the price is amazing. The seller, Overstockautostore, has 100% Feedback by this name and another alias on ebay that sells the same things and has the same format on their items. They accept offers so the bumper can probably go for $500 shipped.

Since there are a few purchases I was hoping somebody could chime in and vouch for this piece. Could it be the same as J G M O D S?

Thanks.



How much did you spend on paint? Also, is it DIY installation? I'm thinking about ordering the same bumper, but don't know how much i should expect to spend.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
guru_method
...Takin' names
guru_method's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudeology101 View Post
How much did you spend on paint? Also, is it DIY installation? I'm thinking about ordering the same bumper, but don't know how much i should expect to spend.
I haven't taken delivery yet since I'm on vacation. There is a thread about the JG Mods and it seems to be direct fit, with slight modification to get all the air flowing right through the ducting. I expect to spend a little less than a grand when it is all done, so It's not a bad deal considering the cost of the OEM unpainted.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Niv3k
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335XI
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_method View Post
I haven't taken delivery yet since I'm on vacation. There is a thread about the JG Mods and it seems to be direct fit, with slight modification to get all the air flowing right through the ducting. I expect to spend a little less than a grand when it is all done, so It's not a bad deal considering the cost of the OEM unpainted.
A grand, that crazy expensive for just the front bumper, paint & installed. I guess I was lucky that DC_Oldboy hook me up on the paint job & installation.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST