E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Data Transmission Disturbed

12-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Data Transmission Disturbed

Hey guys. Ive been coding my car ( and others) for that matter for a while now. I have the one stop electronics cable and all that but for some reason now when I am coding cars, i get the transmission disturbed error! This happens when I am reading the car ecu, it will give me the error. I just keep clicking it and then eventually it will work! Later on when changing the function to sggetfswpsw before coding it will give the same error. Eventually it will to say "basic function ended" like normal. Then when you code it will say coding is faulty and after a few clicks of execute job it will work again! How exactly should I fix this? Sometimes it chooses not to work and its a big issue and very annoying...

My setup
Windows XP VM
Ediabas 7.2 package 2.3
Latency set to 1 on both host and vm machine
Com port set to 1 on both host and vm machine
Automatic windows drivers after plugging in to computer

Just reiterating, I can code without a problem. It just takes a couple read ecu commands and the problem just goes away. I just don't want to have a situation where it won't work at all. I have a 8 pin adapter from one stop that ill try out. Any suggestions ?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Hey guys. Ive been coding my car ( and others) for that matter for a while now. I have the one stop electronics cable and all that but for some reason now when I am coding cars, i get the transmission disturbed error! This happens when I am reading the car ecu, it will give me the error. I just keep clicking it and then eventually it will work! Later on when changing the function to sggetfswpsw before coding it will give the same error. Eventually it will to say "basic function ended" like normal. Then when you code it will say coding is faulty and after a few clicks of execute job it will work again! How exactly should I fix this? Sometimes it chooses not to work and its a big issue and very annoying...

My setup
Windows XP VM
Ediabas 7.2 package 2.3

Just reiterating, I can code without a problem. It just takes a couple read ecu commands and the problem just goes away. I just don't want to have a situation where it won't work at all. I have a 8 pin adapter from one stop that ill try out. Any suggestions ?

Thanks guys!
This my friend could be issues with laptop! I told you downloading torrent files can corrupt the laptop. I had this issue along time ago with my laptop which had a virus on it from torrent downloads. I would reboot the entire laptop and start from scratch...Ever since then with my new laptop I have never encountered this ever again but I also no longer use the laptop to download stuff espeically torrent downloads...I would be cautious coding as you dont want transmission to suddently drop in the middle of coding..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Which version of VMWare are you using? If not latest try updating to Workstation 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post

My setup
Windows XP VM
Ediabas 7.2 package 2.3

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Thanks guys. Definitely no virus on it. Ill see if I'm on VM 9. I think I might just make a new VM and see how it goes. Although it could be the cable but idk. I've never had problems coding my 2006 so maybe the pin issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 325i upgrade

I have the same problem
Tried a new VM and still same problem
Going to reinstall my whole laptop and dual boot 64bit and x86 instead of VM
Will let you know if that helps
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Believe what you want guys...I experienced this with a laptop that had a virus and it would show the same error here and there...Rich how are you so sure there is no virus? Did you run the computer with a Malware of some sort...My other virus detectors didnt pick it up until I got the Malware and it found it and the Malware program pin pointed it to the date and time where it was pickup from...I know Macs are pretty much protected but remember your using it in VMware and Windows XP....I am not saying this is your issue but a fresh install probably will get rid of your issues, unless like you say your cable is on the fritz of going bad...Keep us posted..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Believe what you want guys...I experienced this with a laptop that had a virus and it would show the same error here and there...Rich how are you so sure there is no virus? Did you run the computer with a Malware of some sort...My other virus detectors didnt pick it up until I got the Malware and it found it and the Malware program pin pointed it to the date and time where it was pickup from...I know Macs are pretty much protected but remember your using it in VMware and Windows XP....I am not saying this is your issue but a fresh install probably will get rid of your issues, unless like you say your cable is on the fritz of going bad...Keep us posted..
Definitely i apprecite your help man because you definitely helped me in the past. Instlalling windows 7 32 bit on the vm now (as opposed to xp). Hopefully everything goes smooth. Not looking forward to installing ediabas though
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I just not an advocate of using VM machine in the first place but anyhow keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
I just not an advocate of using VM machine in the first place but anyhow keep us posted.
Hey bud. Bad news. This is my whole process after the new VM

Install standard tools minus inpa (using yours). Selected std OBd interface along with checked USB serial box

Update daten for ncsexpert and ediabas. No problems

Install ftdi drivers manually. Dcan drivers finished and then it said serial port as an unrecognized device.

I then pointed it to the same drivers for the USB to serial port I used (FTDI) Maybe this is what I did wrong?

Plug into inpa, airbag check, various engine checks. No problems!

Ncs expert- selected fsw profile. Connected to car.

Received error saying it can't read fsw.man (doesn't exist.) saved fsw.trc as a man file. No error anymore.

Upon reading kombi and frm, I received the same error (shown below). This is without the 8 pin adapter. Plugged in adapter and same error. (I wouldn't need it when coding with my old VM anyways).
I don't know it it's my cable or my actual setup! This is driving me crazy. Com ports are set to 1 and latency set to 1. There was a lpt port set to 1 as well but I changed it to com3 (maybe I should change it back to com1? Never did it before)

This IS windows 7 32 bit and I didn't do comparability mode or administrator. Should I go back to XP?

Thanks so much S!
Richard
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I dont think running windows xp or windows 7 is your problem...Its either the laptop or the cable...Best bet is to find someone with a working NCSexpert and try it on their computer to rule out a defective cable...If it is indeed your computer, then finding the issue is a task...Dont know what it is but like I said I experienced this before..Did you make sure you empty out the man file...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Resolved for now. Working on my car currently
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 325i upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtanz View Post
I have the same problem
Well after installing a second Win7 32bit my coding is now working again.
i think VMWARE was flakey for me
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtanz View Post
I have the same problem
Well after installing a second Win7 32bit my coding is now working again.
i think VMWARE was flakey for me
I was using same setup (VM) except windows 7 vs windows xp. Guess which one worked from the very beginning after installation...
Appreciate 0