E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > how do u guys afford all the mods



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #133
Bimmeration
蔣ㄐㄧㄤˊ
United_States
51

 
Bimmeration's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' TESLA MODEL S 85KW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Laguna Hills, California


Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (30)

we shit gold nuggets.
__________________
A22 / ZSP / ZPP / ZCV / OEM AntiTheft / OEM M3 Mirrors / Paddle Shifters / Remotekey Module / MAero Lip / M Spoiler / Colored Reflectors / MTechnik Rear / Quad Tips & Matt Black Quad Diffuser / Authentic AC Schnitzer Roof Spoiler / OEM Aluminum Footrest, Stainless Pedals & Steering Wheel Trim / Pearlescent Handles / Euro Fog Switch / All Weather Mats & Liner / <-- RETIRED. NEW M4 DUE MID-END AUG 2014!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #134
._.
Colonel
58

 
._.'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami


Posts: 2,357
iTrader: (15)

Self control, patience and a well paying job. I bought my car when I did not have kids (4 doors just in case), modding was a bit easier then. Then the twins came around, now I rely on Christmas and my birthday for mods. Everything else is for my daughters.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #135
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
34

 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,684
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmeration View Post
we shit gold nuggets.
Enormous ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #136
michaelalex17
Colonel
128

 
michaelalex17's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY


Posts: 2,228
iTrader: (3)

meth dealer of course
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #137
nailer335
Captain
United_States
17

 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona


Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer
My 335i was given to me from my parents, and they pay for my mods, although I don't always ask for parts! They say they rather pay towards mods then drugs or alcohol I also have a part-time job which all my money is saved up for to buy a condo. I'm still in school though
Just going to throw this out there...

This thread is so relative in nature that its really making certain folks (who are bitching about this guy's parents' decision to buy him a car and mods for making good choices) look like they are of a socioeconomic status that I'd choose not to publicize. In my opinion, there's less to respect about someone who spends a disproportionate amount of their income on a car and mods above their class (enthusiast or not) than someone who spends a negligible fraction of their salary to provide their child with a reward for behavior that will turn into a self-rewarding career a few years down the road.

But we digress... This thread was going to ruffle feelings from the onset.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #138
thenewrick
Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 586
iTrader: (2)

Buy used from rich people :P
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #139
Sick335
Major
United_States
41

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA


Posts: 1,016
iTrader: (1)

By putting in 14 hour days at the office, and using specials and coupons when ordering hookers, anyone else out there?
__________________

JB4 G5 ISO+BMS Flash+RB Turbos+Meth=
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #140
rorkor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
rorkor's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here


Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [5.00]
2011 E90 328i  [5.00]
Rich is relative, most "kids" whose parents buy them bimmers probably don't consider themselves rich. Compared to some people in the world, the poorest American is rich. I am middle of middle class and to many, like the 85% of lower earners say people in my income bracket are rich. I don't think so, my lifestyle has always adjusted to my income, never beyond it and that allows me to afford some nice things and keep my wife at home with our kid.

Be fiscally responsible. Budget and save up for extras. While saving, educate yourself on what you want because you may find out you prefer something else. We all have a BMW, to the people who can only afford Hyundai's, we are rich, but rich people buy them too (lord knows why) so be respectful of everyone.

I plan on buying my kid a bimmer someday, probably a used e90 or f30 cause they will be old by then and the 600hp cars of tomorrow will make a 335 look slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
By putting in 14 hour days at the office, and using specials and coupons when ordering hookers, anyone else out there?
Discount hookers can give you mods you don't want, and may not be able to remove.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #141
Bimmeration
蔣ㄐㄧㄤˊ
United_States
51

 
Bimmeration's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' TESLA MODEL S 85KW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Laguna Hills, California


Posts: 1,673
iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorkor View Post
Rich is relative, most "kids" whose parents buy them bimmers probably don't consider themselves rich. Compared to some people in the world, the poorest American is rich. I am middle of middle class and to many, like the 85% of lower earners say people in my income bracket are rich. I don't think so, my lifestyle has always adjusted to my income, never beyond it and that allows me to afford some nice things and keep my wife at home with our kid.

Be fiscally responsible. Budget and save up for extras. While saving, educate yourself on what you want because you may find out you prefer something else. We all have a BMW, to the people who can only afford Hyundai's, we are rich, but rich people buy them too (lord knows why) so be respectful of everyone.

I plan on buying my kid a bimmer someday, probably a used e90 or f30 cause they will be old by then and the 600hp cars of tomorrow will make a 335 look slow.



Discount hookers can give you mods you don't want, and may not be able to remove.
well said.
__________________
A22 / ZSP / ZPP / ZCV / OEM AntiTheft / OEM M3 Mirrors / Paddle Shifters / Remotekey Module / MAero Lip / M Spoiler / Colored Reflectors / MTechnik Rear / Quad Tips & Matt Black Quad Diffuser / Authentic AC Schnitzer Roof Spoiler / OEM Aluminum Footrest, Stainless Pedals & Steering Wheel Trim / Pearlescent Handles / Euro Fog Switch / All Weather Mats & Liner / <-- RETIRED. NEW M4 DUE MID-END AUG 2014!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #142
thenewrick
Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 586
iTrader: (2)

One thing to consider when buying mods is how it will affect the resale value, and how easy it will be to sell the mods when you're done with them.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #143
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: Black E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC


Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Just going to throw this out there...

This thread is so relative in nature that its really making certain folks (who are bitching about this guy's parents' decision to buy him a car and mods for making good choices) look like they are of a socioeconomic status that I'd choose not to publicize. In my opinion, there's less to respect about someone who spends a disproportionate amount of their income on a car and mods above their class (enthusiast or not) than someone who spends a negligible fraction of their salary to provide their child with a reward for behavior that will turn into a self-rewarding career a few years down the road.

But we digress... This thread was going to ruffle feelings from the onset.
Well said...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #144
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
92

 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA


Posts: 4,583
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorkor View Post
Rich is relative, most "kids" whose parents buy them bimmers probably don't consider themselves rich. Compared to some people in the world, the poorest American is rich. I am middle of middle class and to many, like the 85% of lower earners say people in my income bracket are rich. I don't think so, my lifestyle has always adjusted to my income, never beyond it and that allows me to afford some nice things and keep my wife at home with our kid.

Be fiscally responsible. Budget and save up for extras. While saving, educate yourself on what you want because you may find out you prefer something else. We all have a BMW, to the people who can only afford Hyundai's, we are rich, but rich people buy them too (lord knows why) so be respectful of everyone.

I plan on buying my kid a bimmer someday, probably a used e90 or f30 cause they will be old by then and the 600hp cars of tomorrow will make a 335 look slow.



Discount hookers can give you mods you don't want, and may not be able to remove.
Nicely said I liked the way you put it, very unbiased.
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #145
rorkor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
rorkor's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here


Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [5.00]
2011 E90 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Nicely said I liked the way you put it, very unbiased.
Thanks, it may come off a bit too koombaya for some but I didn't grow up with a lot of money and it didn't make me mad when friends parents bought them nice cars. It was a motivation to earn those things for myself and I had fun in the beaters I owned before my bimmers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #146
OrlandoBimmer
Elite Force
United_States
1

 
OrlandoBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orlando FL - United States


Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

Well said... Compared to some people in the world, we are rich...

We are lucky enough to have a bimmer already.

How do we afford mods? Just the same way we could afford the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #147
OrlandoBimmer
Elite Force
United_States
1

 
OrlandoBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 08 335i Convertible
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orlando FL - United States


Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

In my home country, there are some people who say "Cover yourself as far as the blanket can reach" but I'd rather say "let's weave a blanket large enough to cover ourself as much as we want". SO basically, more work to do what we want to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #148
bplewis24
First Lieutenant
United_States
6

 
bplewis24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA


Posts: 310
iTrader: (1)

Not sure why people keep saying it was "well said." Rewarding a kid for not spending money on drugs with a BMW sets a really high reward for a really low bar. Keep rationalizing it all you want, but it doesn't change what it is.
__________________
Brandon
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #149
thenewrick
Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 586
iTrader: (2)

I think BMW are good 1st car. They're pretty safe all around.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #150
OaklandR
Private
6

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cali


Posts: 79
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Work! But if i quit playing golf at $65 a day and buying clubs and golf shoes and golf clothes I could have just bought the dame M3 lol
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #151
srSheepdog
Private First Class
3

 
Drives: 07 335i - Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cary, NC


Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoBimmer View Post
In my home country, there are some people who say "Cover yourself as far as the blanket can reach" but I'd rather say "let's weave a blanket large enough to cover ourself as much as we want". SO basically, more work to do what we want to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #152
gunsekun
Banned
21

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: your mom's


Posts: 714
iTrader: (0)

I am a jigglow
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #153
Cobra0963
Private
United_States
0

 
Drives: 2012 328i E92 M-Sport Package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida


Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Me too! It works.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #154
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
34

 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 1,684
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra0963 View Post
Me too! It works.
It's so much easier to shit gold nuggets though. You should try it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST