E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Someone just reversed into my freshly wrapped m3 :(



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Mwp4me
Banned
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cumbria

Posts: 235
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188 View Post
sorry to hear this Nick. same happened to me pal. a white van reversed into me in my old 325 and this put my insurance up a few hundred quid. on a lighter note was she fit?
Ha ha!! i was going to ask that!
Mwp4me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #24
kenno78
Private
 
Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surrey

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Fucking stupid b1tch!!!....hope she burns in hell.....
Really? For having an accident?
kenno78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Kerr
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aberdeen

Posts: 3,450
iTrader: (0)

What a shame. Feel for you.

Did you see the accident happen or was the women honest enough to inform you?

Most people would just drive off.

You do have to inform your insurance company and even though it is a no fault accident on your part, it will affect your premium.

They do ask if you have had any accidents or claims in the last 5 years when you take out a policy.

Not sure I would take the chance and lie as it might come back to bite you later when you have a big claim to make and someone notices the previous claim.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
shrink
Captain
 
shrink's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SE
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edinburgh (UK)

Posts: 752
iTrader: (2)

I was also going to ask (but beaten to it) if you have declared the wheels and wrap to your insurance. As they are unlikely to give a penny out to repair a non declared modification as it would be considered not part of the factory spec.

I hope you get it all sorted out though, dunno why people can't just watch where they are going
shrink is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
 
Dr Dave's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset

Posts: 5,540
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenno78 View Post
Really? For having an accident?
Looks more like complete inability to drive/point a car correctly - which leads me to ask - "Was she pissed?"

I'm utterly gutted for you, hope it can be sorted out. Insurance companies are cunts when it comes to non-fault claims like this.
Dr Dave is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #28
shrink
Captain
 
shrink's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SE
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edinburgh (UK)

Posts: 752
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Looks more like complete inability to drive/point a car correctly - which leads me to ask - "Was she pissed?"

I'm utterly gutted for you, hope it can be sorted out. Insurance companies are cunts when it comes to non-fault claims like this.
Surely most insurance claims are one half of a non fault claim? Only taking away instances of Individuals wrapping their own cars round trees.
shrink is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #29
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

I was traveling at approx 10mph in car park. She reversed out of a space into my back wheel / wing.

It's really nothing to do with my insurance company. Other than informing them of the accident as stated on here and declaring it on future insurance forms that's their involvement done.

I have spoken to her insurance today and its all rolling. They have been very good actually. Been offered hire car from now but said I don't need ( except when being repaired). Body shop been appointed to view/ assess. They offered to pick car up but I said I will take it to them as want to discuss the wrap. The insurance lady said they will be able to deal the wrap but ideally I'd like it to go back to the place that originally did it.

So all ok, just an inconvenience
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 06:03 AM   #30
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave

Looks more like complete inability to drive/point a car correctly - which leads me to ask - "Was she pissed?"
And no not pissed. Just not looking when reversing !
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #31
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 6,425
iTrader: (46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
I was traveling at approx 10mph in car park. She reversed out of a space into my back wheel / wing.

It's really nothing to do with my insurance company. Other than informing them of the accident as stated on here and declaring it on future insurance forms that's their involvement done.

I have spoken to her insurance today and its all rolling. They have been very good actually. Been offered hire car from now but said I don't need ( except when being repaired). Body shop been appointed to view/ assess. They offered to pick car up but I said I will take it to them as want to discuss the wrap. The insurance lady said they will be able to deal the wrap but ideally I'd like it to go back to the place that originally did it.

So all ok, just an inconvenience

Nick Sorry to hear that.

Can you not push her insurance company to get it done at your preferred place if there is no difference in the price?

Get the price quotation from your chap and compare it with the other garage...if it is nearly same, push her company to get it done at your preferred place.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #32
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Just spoken to bodyshop and they have said they will inspect and their suggestion, luckily was get the original company who wrapped it to do it again, so a result. The wrapping company send the bill to the bodyshop who claim back of ins company.
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #33
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,307
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenno78 View Post
Really? For having an accident?
YES!...

Looking at the damage, she must have been reversing at quite a speed.

"Accident" ...accident is when you cross the road at a zebra crossing and some stupid tw*t fails to stop.....that's accident....

In the OP's case, it's a stupid careless bitch that doesn't know how to drive and is a menace to society!
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,307
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Looks more like complete inability to drive/point a car correctly - which leads me to ask - "Was she pissed?"

I'm utterly gutted for you, hope it can be sorted out. Insurance companies are cunts when it comes to non-fault claims like this.
plus one....

that's what i was trying to say! you're a genius Mr Acey!
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #35
zaheer
Captain
 
zaheer's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London, UK

Posts: 861
iTrader: (1)

Do not contact your own insurance..call hers and tell them their driver has admitted fault so please ask them to sort your car out now.

If you call yours, it will just go home as "statistically" you have been involved in an accident regardless of fault or not. Has happened to me twice an insurance has risen even though wasn't my fault.
__________________
zaheer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
NJ 1161
Major
 
NJ 1161's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer
Do not contact your own insurance..call hers and tell them their driver has admitted fault so please ask them to sort your car out now.

If you call yours, it will just go home as "statistically" you have been involved in an accident regardless of fault or not. Has happened to me twice an insurance has risen even though wasn't my fault.
I've contacted hers directly. All seems good at the mo. I'm aware I will have to declare but saves short term grief!
__________________
NJ 1161 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #37
two,_OH_five
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK south coast

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
YES!...

Looking at the damage, she must have been reversing at quite a speed.

"Accident" ...accident is when you cross the road at a zebra crossing and some stupid tw*t fails to stop.....that's accident....

In the OP's case, it's a stupid careless bitch that doesn't know how to drive and is a menace to society!
Looking forward to your signed copies of the Dignitas paperwork next time you kerb a wheel
two,_OH_five is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #38
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wilmington, DE

Posts: 700
iTrader: (2)

Sorry to see that ...... At least she admitted ...
Red_Bean_Bun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 11:58 PM   #39
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,307
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by two,_OH_five View Post
Looking forward to your signed copies of the Dignitas paperwork next time you kerb a wheel
kerbing a wheel...the beef will be between me, my wheel and the pavement.

Not with other people's car, lives or insurance.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #40
two,_OH_five
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK south coast

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

What about the owners of the now cosmetically damaged kerbstone?

What if you dislodge it causing a trip hazard? Now that little old lady walking along trips over it, stumbles into the road causing a minibus full of young children to swerve and plough through a group of nuns on their way to church before smashing into the cute fluffy kitten shop and bursting into flames. Now you've killed untold people and cute fluffy kittens just because you were driving drunk. And you must have been forking lashed at that if you couldn't even drive in a straight line next to an inanimate object ffs

You sir are a menace on the road and shouldn't be allowed near a car. In fact from your complete lack of driving skills and flagrant disregard for other road users I suspect you might actually be a woman. Get back in the kitchen!

Or maybe it was a little lapse in judgement and fate/karma/insert deity of choice here has decided it's your turn for a kick in the conkers. Maybe you're not a murderous fluffy kitten killer but just got unlucky on the day


For sure it has to be annoying as all hell but at least the damage is slight and the other party has admitted the blame. No real harm done

*No children, nuns, little old ladies or kittens were harmed in the dramatisation of this tale
two,_OH_five is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #41
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,307
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by two,_OH_five View Post
What about the owners of the now cosmetically damaged kerbstone?

What if you dislodge it causing a trip hazard? Now that little old lady walking along trips over it, stumbles into the road causing a minibus full of young children to swerve and plough through a group of nuns on their way to church before smashing into the cute fluffy kitten shop and bursting into flames. Now you've killed untold people and cute fluffy kittens just because you were driving drunk. And you must have been forking lashed at that if you couldn't even drive in a straight line next to an inanimate object ffs

You sir are a menace on the road and shouldn't be allowed near a car. In fact from your complete lack of driving skills and flagrant disregard for other road users I suspect you might actually be a woman. Get back in the kitchen!

Or maybe it was a little lapse in judgement and fate/karma/insert deity of choice here has decided it's your turn for a kick in the conkers. Maybe you're not a murderous fluffy kitten killer but just got unlucky on the day


For sure it has to be annoying as all hell but at least the damage is slight and the other party has admitted the blame. No real harm done

*No children, nuns, little old ladies or kittens were harmed in the dramatisation of this tale


You really need to stop taking drugs.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #42
kenno78
Private
 
Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surrey

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
YES!...

Looking at the damage, she must have been reversing at quite a speed.

"Accident" ...accident is when you cross the road at a zebra crossing and some stupid tw*t fails to stop.....that's accident....

In the OP's case, it's a stupid careless bitch that doesn't know how to drive and is a menace to society!
Perhaps you ought to ascertain whether the woman was actually reversing at speed before making assumptions.

You could also perhaps look at the definition of what an accident is while you're at it.

FWIW, I do feel sorry for the OP having just had the car wrapped. That does royally suck.
kenno78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST