E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune :)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune :)

Today I just got my N51 running the AA Stage 2 tune. And let me start off by saying wow.... just wow You can tell right off the bat that the guys at active put some serious effort into making this tune squeeze as much power out of the NA's as they could.

So the performance additions I had before the tune was the PE, PI, and cyba scoops (if you would even consider it to be lol) -- really good sounds with those 2 things together

After dumping around 2K into the car just for those simple performance mods I thought I would buck up and go a little further for the tune. And man was it worth it. On the half hour drive home I was grinning the whole time. Right off the start you feel like the car is alive and ready to eat the road up. The car really pulls harder and I feel like Im stretching the across the rpm's. and by that I mean each gear pulls just as hard. Beofre the tune I felt like the most fun I could have was putting it into M1 and flooring it cause after that when you hit M2 the pull wasnt nearly the same. But now its the exact opposite.
I was SHOCKED when I was at the light and floor it for the first time. I was blown away. Maybe it was because I wasnt expecting it but off the bat I was pushed into my seat and I held tight. Perfect smooth pulls through all the gears and for some reason when it hits 3rd I feel like it pushes harder? maybe someone with the tune can jump in and say something? I am very very happy. Every gear goes to redline which I never noticed before.

When I reached the freeway I started testing 60 - 90mph runs. Before the tune my car would just drop a gear and rev loud and just tug a little more. But now I noticed it drops 2 sometimes 3 gears and I feel like it reaches up the redline every time which like I said before I have notice before. Very pleased. really feels like the tune was more than just 15hp

So long story short this is the best 430 bucks I have ever spent on my car, and I recommend it to everyone. And I was informed that the tune will adjust to how I drive so each day it should get a little peppy-er(?) for the first couple days

Anyways, I would like to thank the guys down at Oceanside Motorsports for putting this on my car. Special thanks to Neal with being a huge help with all my annoying questions And anyone in SoCal I would recommend getting the tune for them if you are considering it. They were done with the car in about 5 hours and it only costed me 430 bucks which I think is an INCREDIBLE price for the power coming from this tune.


My next plans for the car are to try and get ahold of LTBMW for a visual update buttttt Im not sure how to get ahold of them or anything, I havent quite firgured that out so it someone could chime in and give me some information about them Id appreciate it
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
gzim335
Lieutenant
 
gzim335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90n54-08 zx10r-lci328ix
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: staten island ny

Posts: 582
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007/1 e90 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeg28 View Post
Today I just got my N51 running the AA Stage 2 tune. And let me start off by saying wow.... just wow You can tell right off the bat that the guys at active put some serious effort into making this tune squeeze as much power out of the NA's as they could.

So the performance additions I had before the tune was the PE, PI, and cyba scoops (if you would even consider it to be lol) -- really good sounds with those 2 things together

After dumping around 2K into the car just for those simple performance mods I thought I would buck up and go a little further for the tune. And man was it worth it. On the half hour drive home I was grinning the whole time. Right off the start you feel like the car is alive and ready to eat the road up. The car really pulls harder and I feel like Im stretching the across the rpm's. and by that I mean each gear pulls just as hard. Beofre the tune I felt like the most fun I could have was putting it into M1 and flooring it cause after that when you hit M2 the pull wasnt nearly the same. But now its the exact opposite.
I was SHOCKED when I was at the light and floor it for the first time. I was blown away. Maybe it was because I wasnt expecting it but off the bat I was pushed into my seat and I held tight. Perfect smooth pulls through all the gears and for some reason when it hits 3rd I feel like it pushes harder? maybe someone with the tune can jump in and say something? I am very very happy. Every gear goes to redline which I never noticed before.

When I reached the freeway I started testing 60 - 90mph runs. Before the tune my car would just drop a gear and rev loud and just tug a little more. But now I noticed it drops 2 sometimes 3 gears and I feel like it reaches up the redline every time which like I said before I have notice before. Very pleased. really feels like the tune was more than just 15hp

So long story short this is the best 430 bucks I have ever spent on my car, and I recommend it to everyone. And I was informed that the tune will adjust to how I drive so each day it should get a little peppy-er(?) for the first couple days

Anyways, I would like to thank the guys down at Oceanside Motorsports for putting this on my car. Special thanks to Neal with being a huge help with all my annoying questions And anyone in SoCal I would recommend getting the tune for them if you are considering it. They were done with the car in about 5 hours and it only costed me 430 bucks which I think is an INCREDIBLE price for the power coming from this tune.


My next plans for the car are to try and get ahold of LTBMW for a visual update buttttt Im not sure how to get ahold of them or anything, I havent quite firgured that out so it someone could chime in and give me some information about them Id appreciate it
i kept looking at the title to make sure you didnt install a supercharger lol
__________________
2007/1 e90 335i jet black

jb4 g5 iso/race flash--stet cai/scoops--cpe dp's corsa race--cpe ic--aa cp/bov--meth--kw v2/stoptech bbk--m3 bits,m3 fsb,wavetrack lsd--lci conversion
gzim335 is offline   Montenegro
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
i kept looking at the title to make sure you didnt install a supercharger lol
perhaps I was a bit over zealous
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Rival
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 95 z28
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: shytown

Posts: 447
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
i kept looking at the title to make sure you didnt install a supercharger lol
hey you got it easy with the FI motor. your $500 tune is 75rwhp, ours is prolly 10-13rwhp.

being its so hard to get more from a n51/n52 we get pretty excited over any gains at all.


glad your happy OP, im getting mine as soon as i recover from x mas
__________________
2008 328i 6spd
1995 Z28 6spd - 377rwhp rip
Rival is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
benzo23
Colonel
 
benzo23's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 2,886
iTrader: (1)

This is the most incredible 15 hp ive ever heard.
benzo23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
MonsterM
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 328i SP
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 317
iTrader: (0)

Do you guys think that the N51 benefits from the tune a little more than the N52 due to the 3 stage manifold? I can't wait to have this tune installed.

On the side note, tuning a modern NA with a relatively small displacement is very difficult, so I give a lot of credit to the guys and girls at AA.
MonsterM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
jc5988
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT Sport Pkg
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 424
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
Do you guys think that the N51 benefits from the tune a little more than the N52 due to the 3 stage manifold? I can't wait to have this tune installed.

On the side note, tuning a modern NA with a relatively small displacement is very difficult, so I give a lot of credit to the guys and girls at AA.
yes, besides slightly lowered compression, N51 is kinda like software detuned 330i engine. with tune, intake, exhaust, u will be looking at 330i hp level.

plus no need swapping out manifold and void your warranty.
__________________
N51- Perfomance Intake - Performance Exhaust - ESS Tuned - Performance SSK - CDV Delete - AFE Mid
jc5988 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
jc5988
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 328i 6MT Sport Pkg
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 424
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeg28 View Post
Today I just got my N51 running the AA Stage 2 tune. And let me start off by saying wow.... just wow You can tell right off the bat that the guys at active put some serious effort into making this tune squeeze as much power out of the NA's as they could.

My next plans for the car are to try and get ahold of LTBMW for a visual update buttttt Im not sure how to get ahold of them or anything, I havent quite firgured that out so it someone could chime in and give me some information about them Id appreciate it
Great, Dyno please!

u should also check if Disa really kicks on at about 50-60 percent throttle, switching point is about 3200 and 4400 rpm. if you can clearly feel those then the adaption is set.


LT swapped their name to LTMW, they got very good reputation in this forum, but not sure if you wanna drive all the way up here to get any exterior parts.
__________________
N51- Perfomance Intake - Performance Exhaust - ESS Tuned - Performance SSK - CDV Delete - AFE Mid

Last edited by jc5988; 01-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.
jc5988 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Wrngway
Lieutenant
 
Wrngway's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

I have an N51 with the AA stage 2 tune. I can clearly feel a boost in acceration at part throttle at around 3,000 and 4,200 rpm. Those are approximate and it's more pronounced when the engine is warming up. At full throuttle I think both flaps are open.
Wrngway is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Route 16
I got lei'd
 
Route 16's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

Posts: 4,513
iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
I have an N51 with the AA stage 2 tune. I can clearly feel a boost in acceration at part throttle at around 3,000 and 4,200 rpm. Those are approximate and it's more pronounced when the engine is warming up. At full throuttle I think both flaps are open.
You guys driving D or DS mode from the get go?
Route 16 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,440
iTrader: (5)

So do you like the tune? I cant tell..


Our tune really wakes up the N51
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
Wrngway
Lieutenant
 
Wrngway's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan A6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: D.C. Metro

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

I used both right from the start. It shouldn't matter though.

Teeeg28...If you're that impressed on the first day, give it a week or two and it'll really wake up!
Wrngway is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5988 View Post
Great, Dyno please!

u should also check if Disa really kicks on at about 50-60 percent throttle, switching point is about 3200 and 4400 rpm. if you can clearly feel those then the adaption is set.


LT swapped their name to LTMW, they got very good reputation in this forum, but not sure if you wanna drive all the way up here to get any exterior parts.
I know i know lol. But i really want that 1M front bumper!
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrngway View Post
I used both right from the start. It shouldn't matter though.

Teeeg28...If you're that impressed on the first day, give it a week or two and it'll really wake up!
I cant wait
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
So do you like the tune? I cant tell..


Our tune really wakes up the N51
lol
Too bad the sc wont work on the n51
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival View Post
hey you got it easy with the FI motor. your $500 tune is 75rwhp, ours is prolly 10-13rwhp.

being its so hard to get more from a n51/n52 we get pretty excited over any gains at all.


glad your happy OP, im getting mine as soon as i recover from x mas
+1
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,440
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeg28 View Post
lol
Too bad the sc wont work on the n51
We tried we really did, but we could not hit the price point due to the valvtronic not having any vacuum to control a bov.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
Teeeg28
Banned
 
Drives: E90 "328i" N51
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego a.k.a. A Whales Vagina // Cal State San Marcos

Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeeg28 View Post
lol
Too bad the sc wont work on the n51
We tried we really did, but we could not hit the price point due to the valvtronic not having any vacuum to control a bov.
How much will it be for the 52's?
Teeeg28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
cuiter23
Major
 
cuiter23's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i ZSP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,036
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [3.00]
Thanks for the amazing write-up, albeit the many emoticons. I'll definitely be checking this out for my N52 soon.
__________________
2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
cuiter23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
kamek
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NY

Posts: 3,179
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
I just sent my ECU in for it on my N51, too. Can't wait!
__________________

E92 328xi | KW | AA | LUX | OEM 359M | BMW Performance Exhaust
kamek is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #21
Xpander
Private First Class
 
Xpander's Avatar
 
Drives: N51,LCI,M-Sport,6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NorCal

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Teeg you're giving us poor souls with the N51 engines hope
Do the dynos while its still chilly out
__________________
Xpander is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
Amini77
Brigadier General
 
Amini77's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

Posts: 4,580
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
I REALLY can't wait til I'm done with all the little performance mods and finally be able to drop in an AA Tune! And nice write up OP, way to make me more anxious lol
__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Amini77 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST