E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Millionaire boy racers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #23
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
stop reading this
http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/revealed-...ish-pensioners

and try the facts eg here's what google came up with (but feel free to do your own research)

http://www.salford.gov.uk/asylum-myths.htm

I've still to watch the programme, but will give a watch over the weekend. From reading on the fast datsun forum, lot of the people thought it was edited by the Daily Mail. But i'll reserve judgement till i see it myself.
I don't need the bnp website or the salford website....

My research and comments is based on what I see and hear everyday in London!

My comments can come across as racist....but I'm a foreigner myself and come from a REAL multi cultural country!....not a fake ass "multi cultural" city called London!....Quite funny how English people use the term multi cultural!!!....even in the programme....clearly its about arabs ....and yet they describe knightbridge becoming more "multi cultural"....

maybe i have a different view on the definition of multi cultural!....
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #24
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,698
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

iTrader: (0)

Ok so watched it and...................... no comment.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
I actually thought it was a 2012 style mockumentary it was so funny. Eg Panda's introduction. The roses. The umbrella incident. Trying ever so hard not to be racist and failing.
Honestly I think that programme will win an award :-)

PH should organise a cruise through Knightsbridge :-)
yeah, panda was funny!!!....lol...especially when she had that cheesy look on the roof!!...


but why are you calling her racist????????....clearly her beef is with those loud supercar boyracers....they happen to be all from arab countries....

so now she's racist according to you!

I think that's where our views differ!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
27
Rep
1,606
Posts

 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
yeah, panda was funny!!!....lol...especially when she had that cheesy look on the roof!!...


but why are you calling her racist????????....clearly her beef is with those loud supercar boyracers....they happen to be all from arab countries....

so now she's racist according to you!

I think that's where our views differ!...
It was the umbrella guy that was trying so hard not to be racist and failing eg his convo with and about the jobsworth copper who impounded the A-Ven-Ta-D-Or
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
makkan00
Major General
makkan00's Avatar
United Kingdom
127
Rep
7,655
Posts

 
Drives: F10
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
maybe i have a different view on the definition of multi cultural!....
Come on, tell us then
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Come on, tell us then
well multi cultural for me, means different cultures/ races in one particular area or location....

the people on tv, describe Brixton, Chinatown or Tooting as "multi cultural"?! ...where clearly, theres a majority of black/ indian/ chinese in these areas....so how can it be "multi" when theres a "majority"....Not saying that it's bad or not....but just saying it's NOT multi cultural...

some "clever" numpty is going to ask me for stats now!...wait for it!!!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Surfatwork
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
I think the residents are bloody ridiculous. There was 4 or5 in that meeting when this must affect thousands in those streets. Where did the basis of this program come from.

I think they were pompous. Lovely cars. Perhaps a little annoying if the noise really is constant. The speeding is irrational and I don't like speeding in built up areas.

The guys on camera seemed nice but I found it hilarious that none of these moaning residents actually went down to talk to these people! How ridiculous and oldschool British moaning behind closed doors. They might have been able to come to some sort of agreement.

I'm actually very surprised many of the Arabs raised concerns of what British people thought of them. They should be 100% welcome wether they spend millions here or not. I still find it quite sad they these people have to use certain words that implies Arabs or other races should be segregated. I've never thought another religion or skin colour is any different or lesser than I am. I think it's a ridiculous attitude to have.

People question why they are so rich, why should they have a lambo. Why should I be sitting here in a big heated house, with most of the modern day luxuries and access to modern medicine when millions of people are starving and ill in dire poverty in Africa and beyond.

It's the same thing, just on a different part of the scale. A lambo won't make these people happy overnight, it's a bit of fun for someone born into a specific circumstance. Sadly I think my views are in the minority.
+1 - agree completely.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #30
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
I watched it. Nice cars and the Arabs came accross well to me. Only thing I would ask is whether they let the cars warm up before hammering them.
Wonder how often they check the oil etc. great having money and flash cars but would
Be nice to know they cherish them.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #31
Tunna_uk
Captain
Tunna_uk's Avatar
15
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Teesside UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Check the oil ha ha as if....
Nice cars. I wonder how mush it costs to fly the supercars over here?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #32
smoked
Private First Class
1
Rep
131
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Touring
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (2)

loved it. well funny.

hope the thing was edited for the daily mail set, the brits came across really badly, lots of terribly pompous under currents of racism.

there's a load of Saxos round here with blowing exhausts, wonder if c4 will come round mine ha.

would love to have to ask myself every morning 'which super car shall I take today'

no accounting for taste in colours and mods thou. but I guess if a normal Lamborghini is boring to guys like that they have to try to make it different
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
gIzzE
Major General
gIzzE's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
5,170
Posts

 
Drives: Mercedes ML, F25 X3 and 2.8i Z
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

iTrader: (2)

I thought it was really good. I thought the guys came across as alright and was impressed the documentary crew filmed the guy at the end saying "Yeah, you know what, listening to this at 1am is not great when people are trying to sleep, I will not use the car after midnight."

Showed the guys were not just completely selfish. I don't think they are, they are on holiday in London and having fun. Let's just think back to how most of us have behaved on lads holidays in Ibiza or Vegas, we have all been selfish arseholes before.

The old folk did come across as a bit racist, but this is a tricky one. The fact is some young lads are causing loads of grief and they happen to be a different race, I guess the remember the good old days of London in the swinging 60's where it was all hippy Brits etc.
If it had been loads of young English kids driving around they would have just moaned at the 'hoodies' but the fact is the ones that are annoying them are a different race, so they will always come across as they did, it isn't the same England as it used to be, we will probably all be on here moaning in 40 years time when we are 80 about how the planet was so much better when we just had earthlings living in our neighbourhood!!


Good programme though, enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #34
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I thought it was really good. I thought the guys came across as alright and was impressed the documentary crew filmed the guy at the end saying "Yeah, you know what, listening to this at 1am is not great when people are trying to sleep, I will not use the car after midnight."

Showed the guys were not just completely selfish. I don't think they are, they are on holiday in London and having fun. Let's just think back to how most of us have behaved on lads holidays in Ibiza or Vegas, we have all been selfish arseholes before.

The old folk did come across as a bit racist, but this is a tricky one. The fact is some young lads are causing loads of grief and they happen to be a different race, I guess the remember the good old days of London in the swinging 60's where it was all hippy Brits etc.
If it had been loads of young English kids driving around they would have just moaned at the 'hoodies' but the fact is the ones that are annoying them are a different race, so they will always come across as they did, it isn't the same England as it used to be, we will probably all be on here moaning in 40 years time when we are 80 about how the planet was so much better when we just had earthlings living in our neighbourhood!!


Good programme though, enjoyed it.

Spot on!
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
MPD78
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 330i M Sport 2006
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Essex

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I don't need the bnp website or the salford website....

My research and comments is based on what I see and hear everyday in London!

My comments can come across as racist....but I'm a foreigner myself and come from a REAL multi cultural country!....not a fake ass "multi cultural" city called London!....Quite funny how English people use the term multi cultural!!!....even in the programme....clearly its about arabs ....and yet they describe knightbridge becoming more "multi cultural"....

maybe i have a different view on the definition of multi cultural!....


Where are you from then? Just wondering, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #36
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD78 View Post
Where are you from then? Just wondering, that's all.
Mauritius.
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Sparky68's Avatar
United Kingdom
48
Rep
3,184
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
To be fair, London is one of the most multi cultural Cities in the World.

Maybe not Knightsbridge specifically but that is because nobody other than the very well off can afford to live there.
__________________

LM Reps - Borla Exhaust - Active Autowerks Chargepipe and Blow Off - JB4 G5 ISO - Burger Tuning Intake - Koni Street Shocks - Apex Springs - Whiteline Bushes - M3 rear Arms
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #38
Shafz325
325i 6MT Arctic
Shafz325's Avatar
England
2
Rep
210
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 325i SE Arctic Metallic
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
Mauritius.
I'm Mauritian too

About the program, I'm from London and often go to Knightsbridge in Summer, fair enough they do dangerous speeds but as a car lover/enthusiast, seeing this level of serious metal on the roads is glorious. Yes they rev but they're having fun - I can see how it would annoy locals but the sound of ferraris resonating off London buildings is glorious, let them have their fun I say, albeit responsibly and perhaps put noise regulations in place after certain hours?
__________________
2005 BMW 325i SE Arctic Metallic 6MT | Black Dakota Leather | BMS CDV | E90 LCI Halogen Headlights | HorizonLEDs 20W CREE Angel Eyes | OEM Blacklines | CREE Foglights | BMW Alpine Upgrade | Logic7 Subwoofers
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #39
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
12
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Spot on...PH meet would be amazing on Brompton Rd.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #40
Yoro35i
TROll
Yoro35i's Avatar
United Kingdom
31
Rep
2,343
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335I M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafz325 View Post
I'm Mauritian too

About the program, I'm from London and often go to Knightsbridge in Summer, fair enough they do dangerous speeds but as a car lover/enthusiast, seeing this level of serious metal on the roads is glorious. Yes they rev but they're having fun - I can see how it would annoy locals but the sound of ferraris resonating off London buildings is glorious, let them have their fun I say, albeit responsibly and perhaps put noise regulations in place after certain hours?
really? Imagining that everyday when you're deep in your sleep you hear people walking outside your room, rubbish collectors doing rubbish at 6am, neighbor's chatting loudly or house party til 12pm at night and sounds of cars blasting thur your window to your only room . Many old London buildings do not have double glazing windows. you don't understand those who are suffering so don't make it sound so petty. The phase ''annoying local'' is an out of statement. These people reving for fun is making other people's life a hell, the old lady in the show looks really unstable, believe it or not when someone is exposed to long term nuisance sound it can make someone go crazy. See if you would have the same comment when you actually experienced it.
__________________
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS |CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI light|CIC controller retrofit|2014 Mods: Birds B3 Suspension kit,Project Mu pads,Afe Filter and PTF Protune & Pilot sports cups. Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport Dual, Duke Dynamic Diffuser. Eibach Pro springs.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #41
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafz325 View Post
I'm Mauritian too

About the program, I'm from London and often go to Knightsbridge in Summer, fair enough they do dangerous speeds but as a car lover/enthusiast, seeing this level of serious metal on the roads is glorious. Yes they rev but they're having fun - I can see how it would annoy locals but the sound of ferraris resonating off London buildings is glorious, let them have their fun I say, albeit responsibly and perhaps put noise regulations in place after certain hours?
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #42
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,698
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
No way are you mauri kev, I went there on my Honeymoon last year and everyone was real mellow, chilled and did not get worked up about anything.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #43
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
12
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
really? Imagining that everyday when you're deep in your sleep you hear people walking outside your room, rubbish collectors doing rubbish at 6am, neighbor's chatting loudly or house party til 12pm at night and sounds of cars blasting thur your window to your only room . Many old London buildings do not have double glazing windows. you don't understand those who are suffering so don't make it sound so petty. The phase ''annoying local'' is an out of statement. These people reving for fun is making other people's life a hell, the old lady in the show looks really unstable, believe it or not when someone is exposed to long term nuisance sound it can make someone go crazy. See if you would have the same comment when you actually experienced it.

I agree that the noise level is a tad excessive, however as Panda said "just need to live with it for three months..."
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #44
zltm089
Major General
zltm089's Avatar
United Kingdom
90
Rep
7,421
Posts

 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post
No way are you mauri kev, I went there on my Honeymoon last year and everyone was real mellow, chilled and did not get worked up about anything.

lol....yeah, time goes slowly there....too slow for me!...

London has "stressed" me out!...
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST