E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Top speed limiter



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
335dM
Major
 
Drives: 335d m package
Join Date: May 2011
Location: montreal

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (0)

Top speed limiter

Anyone had success in removing top speed on 335d m-tech ? I have JBD but he does not offer speed delimiter
335dM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
my335d
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to my335d
335d delimiter

Has anybody found a way to remove the top speed limitation in the 2009 335d?

It stops accelerating at 132ish and there are soooo many RPMS left
my335d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

I believe it's limited to 150mph. To remove the limiter would require a reflash like Evolve, Renntech or the like. Where do you want to go more than 150 mph in Canada anyway - they will take your car for that kind of speed.

Here's a video of a 335d on the autobahn after European delivery. He reaches 155mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-AjkPQmnoWw
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
135i_vs_
Lieutenant
 
135i_vs_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M5(sold), 135i(sold), 335d
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 462
iTrader: (0)

I belive the top speed limiter is higher on the Sports Package 335d (155 mph). Non-sport is (130 mph).
135i_vs_ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
crazyinp
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 550
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
I belive the top speed limiter is higher on the Sports Package 335d (155 mph). Non-sport is (130 mph).
That is correct. I won't be surprise if you can easily re-code the non-sport to sport using coding cable.
crazyinp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Socom
Major General
 
Drives: 2010 335D
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atl.

Posts: 5,163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I believe it's limited to 150mph. To remove the limiter would require a reflash like Evolve, Renntech or the like. Where do you want to go more than 150 mph in Canada anyway - they will take your car for that kind of speed.

Here's a video of a 335d on the autobahn after European delivery. He reaches 155mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-AjkPQmnoWw
God I wish our roads were that smooth and traffic free.
Socom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
FormerRotor
Major
 
FormerRotor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 1,456
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
God I wish our roads were that smooth and traffic free.
I'm good with the roads. It's the other drivers & speed limits I need changed
__________________

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
FormerRotor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Wrecker335d
Wondering what to do..
 
Wrecker335d's Avatar
 
Drives: like a cock
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quantico or Long Island

Posts: 511
iTrader: (2)

I found a few sites that offer a speed limit increase. They work for every model but did not mention the diesel version.
__________________
Mods: JBD, 35% tint, Wagner Intercooler, Bilstien B12 Kit, M3 Control Arms

OEF Veteran
Wrecker335d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I'm good with the roads. It's the other drivers & speed limits I need changed
I can't stand the roads in our area-already bent one rim. Every time I go to FL I leave envious of their pothole free smooth roads/highways.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
anielsen71
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E91 330dA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naestved, Denmark

Posts: 495
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I just came home from a 85km drive from Copenhagen.
My 330d has no limiter, the factory says it runs 246km/h and I got 250km/h in dgital speed and 260km/h on the needle. And there was a bit more in it.
I just didn't have the nerve or the vinter tires for more... :-)

FYI on the 335i the JB4(or 5?) does have the posibility to remove the limiter.
__________________
Brgds
Allan
'06 E91 330dA Sparkling Graphite|19" VMR703 Black Matte|335i brakes|Eibach|Wagner|Ecotune|Turbo Dynamics
anielsen71 is offline   Denmark
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
FormerRotor
Major
 
FormerRotor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 1,456
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I can't stand the roads in our area-already bent one rim. Every time I go to FL I leave envious of their pothole free smooth roads/highways.
I feel the top speed kind of roads (495 and 270) are fine. 200 is superb. It's the other roads I hate. I bent all four of he rims on my Mazda inbetween tire changes once..personal record. Btw, Lenny at EuroPros sends his best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
I just came home from a 85km drive from Copenhagen.
My 330d has no limiter, the factory says it runs 246km/h and I got 250km/h in dgital speed and 260km/h on the needle. And there was a bit more in it.
I just didn't have the nerve or the vinter tires for more... :-)

FYI on the 335i the JB4(or 5?) does have the posibility to remove the limiter.
Jealous
__________________

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.
FormerRotor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
cssnms
Brigadier General
 
cssnms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Murland

Posts: 3,182
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I feel the top speed kind of roads (495 and 270) are fine. 200 is superb. It's the other roads I hate. I bent all four of he rims on my Mazda inbetween tire changes once..personal record. Btw, Lenny at EuroPros sends his best.


Jealous
True, but not condusive for driving fast - the 5.0 is crawling over that road.
cssnms is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
dtaylor88
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

So what is the speed limiter governor set at for a 2006 325i stock?

Like i just said in my previous post i had it up to 140 mph.
dtaylor88 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST