E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Should I be pissed at Dealership

01-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
crashoverride
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: na

Should I be pissed at Dealership

So I got A letter from my local dealership (BMW of Portland) Trying to sell me... well one of the two "coupons" was for "body Inspection" at $49.95 saying it's required once every two years to maintain coverage under the "BMW Rust Protection Warranty"

In Oregon salt isn't used on the roads (well technically they're doing a very small test way far away from Portland)

So, I know this is complete BS. My question or thought is...this is such BS that it makes me not want to do business with them. For trying to sell myself or others on such needlessness.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Drives: e92

what you should do is smoke a bowl and chill out.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
JustinGTP
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride View Post
So I got A letter from my local dealership (BMW of Portland) Trying to sell me... well one of the two "coupons" was for "body Inspection" at $49.95 saying it's required once every two years to maintain coverage under the "BMW Rust Protection Warranty"

In Oregon salt isn't used on the roads (well technically they're doing a very small test way far away from Portland)

So, I know this is complete BS. My question or thought is...this is such BS that it makes me not want to do business with them. For trying to sell myself or others on such needlessness.
You might want to check that out because if I recall correctly, you have to bring your car in for a yearly inspection so that the warranty is valid.

I remember something like that on my MINI when I had it. I am not sure what happens if you have rust and you didn't bring it in for inspection... maybe someone with experience can chime in.
      01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
CUTigers
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
You are livid at a dealer sending you an ad with some coupons? Get real.
Appreciate 0