E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW CANBEC - Montreal (TERRIBLE!!!)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #45
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

I, too, had a really bad experience at Canbec. I requested a BMW loaner when I went to service my car and they were out of cars that day; I was forced to wait at the dealer until a hyundai sonata came in. At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple. Not just once to say the least.

Also, I'm currently shopping for a new car (F30 328i x-drive) and I found the prices between Canbec and the other dealers in Montreal differ a lot. And at canbec, a discount was already factored in. Other dealers offered better service and were more professional

I won't be buying my next car from BMW Canbec or servicing it there. I do not recommend Canbec whatsoever. I would make the distance to laval or another dealer.
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlam View Post
I, too, had a really bad experience at Canbec. I requested a BMW loaner when I went to service my car and they were out of cars that day; I was forced to wait at the dealer until a hyundai sonata came in. At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple. Not just once to say the least.

Also, I'm currently shopping for a new car (F30 328i x-drive) and I found the prices between Canbec and the other dealers in Montreal differ a lot. And at canbec, a discount was already factored in. Other dealers offered better service and were more professional

I won't be buying my next car from BMW Canbec or servicing it there. I do not recommend Canbec whatsoever. I would make the distance to laval or another dealer.
I *completely* disagree on the service point - this just goes to show that different people have different experiences and everyone's viewpoint has to be considered.

I have had excellent service at Canbec. My SA has been very good, my mechanic even better, and loaners? I had a brand-new X3 plated FOR ME when they were out of cars one time In the almost 4 years I've serviced my car there, I only had a non-BMW car once.

I'm completely not refuting what you're saying - I know this happens - but there are both sides to the story. FWIW, I am not a high-value customer, either - I do not own a different colour car for every day of the week.

I can't comment on their prices seeing as I haven't bought my car from them (this is another interesting point to consider - despite having bought both of my cars elsewhere they still treated me properly, even though they'd remind me of it every once so often), but based on at least two people I know there it would seem to me that they would be willing to set up a good deal for a client - but objectively, I can't comment on it.
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #47
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I *completely* disagree on the service point - this just goes to show that different people have different experiences and everyone's viewpoint has to be considered.

I have had excellent service at Canbec. My SA has been very good, my mechanic even better, and loaners? I had a brand-new X3 plated FOR ME when they were out of cars one time In the almost 4 years I've serviced my car there, I only had a non-BMW car once.

I'm completely not refuting what you're saying - I know this happens - but there are both sides to the story. FWIW, I am not a high-value customer, either - I do not own a different colour car for every day of the week.

I can't comment on their prices seeing as I haven't bought my car from them (this is another interesting point to consider - despite having bought both of my cars elsewhere they still treated me properly, even though they'd remind me of it every once so often), but based on at least two people I know there it would seem to me that they would be willing to set up a good deal for a client - but objectively, I can't comment on it.
My sister and I both experienced bad service with Canbec. However, my boyfriend receives proper service at Canbec so I guess it's a mix of both good and bad. I had Pierre as a SA. I've heard great things about Ciprian. If it works for you, then good

I got two completely different prices for the exact same car, same specs, and same packages at canbec and west island with the exact same down payment. There was a difference of ~300 per month, which is quite unbelievable. (660$ at west island and 928$ at canbec.) Weird....
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #48
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlam View Post
My sister and I both experienced bad service with Canbec. However, my boyfriend receives proper service at Canbec so I guess it's a mix of both good and bad. I had Pierre as a SA. I've heard great things about Ciprian. If it works for you, then good

I got two completely different prices for the exact same car, same specs, and same packages at canbec and west island with the exact same down payment. There was a difference of ~300 per month, which is quite unbelievable. (660$ at west island and 928$ at canbec.) Weird....
Yeah, Pierre, and yeah, Ciprian... without commenting too openly, you hit the nail on the head there. Like I said - some better, some worse.

Very interesting re: prices. I generally found that as long as the *total* price of the car is comparable, everything else comes down to math - either someone is playing with residual value, with tradein, with interest rate credits, or something of the sort. There is MUCH that can be done there, and I typically find that if I come in knowing more than the salesman about how them dollerz work, I tend to have a better predictability of what price will come out of his computar thingy
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #49
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,630
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlam View Post
My sister and I both experienced bad service with Canbec. However, my boyfriend receives proper service at Canbec so I guess it's a mix of both good and bad. I had Pierre as a SA. I've heard great things about Ciprian. If it works for you, then good

I got two completely different prices for the exact same car, same specs, and same packages at canbec and west island with the exact same down payment. There was a difference of ~300 per month, which is quite unbelievable. (660$ at west island and 928$ at canbec.) Weird....
328 vs 335 price, or one with sales tax, not the other. Or 36 month lease vs 24 or 48 months etc. New vs Demo, purchase vs lease etc. Must be a misunderstanding somewhere cos it is too huge a difference, doesn't make sense.....

I have had great service there for changing my fuel pump. I did not even buy my car there.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #50
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
328 vs 335 price, or one with sales tax, not the other. Or 36 month lease vs 24 or 48 months etc. New vs Demo, purchase vs lease etc. Must be a misunderstanding somewhere cos it is too huge a difference, doesn't make sense.....
They were both new, tax in, both 328xi on 36 month lease. It didn't make sense to me either. Not reasonable to spend 928$ on a 3 series in my opinion.

I don't think its a question of buying the car there or not. I think it depends on personal experience, and my experience there was not great.
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #51
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,449
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlam
I, too, had a really bad experience at Canbec. I requested a BMW loaner when I went to service my car and they were out of cars that day; I was forced to wait at the dealer until a hyundai sonata came in. At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple. Not just once to say the least.

Also, I'm currently shopping for a new car (F30 328i x-drive) and I found the prices between Canbec and the other dealers in Montreal differ a lot. And at canbec, a discount was already factored in. Other dealers offered better service and were more professional

I won't be buying my next car from BMW Canbec or servicing it there. I do not recommend Canbec whatsoever. I would make the distance to laval or another dealer.
That's not very nice.
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #52
youyou
Colonel
 
youyou's Avatar
 
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 2,449
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I *completely* disagree on the service point - this just goes to show that different people have different experiences and everyone's viewpoint has to be considered.

I have had excellent service at Canbec. My SA has been very good, my mechanic even better, and loaners? I had a brand-new X3 plated FOR ME when they were out of cars one time In the almost 4 years I've serviced my car there, I only had a non-BMW car once.

I'm completely not refuting what you're saying - I know this happens - but there are both sides to the story. FWIW, I am not a high-value customer, either - I do not own a different colour car for every day of the week.

I can't comment on their prices seeing as I haven't bought my car from them (this is another interesting point to consider - despite having bought both of my cars elsewhere they still treated me properly, even though they'd remind me of it every once so often), but based on at least two people I know there it would seem to me that they would be willing to set up a good deal for a client - but objectively, I can't comment on it.
My sister and I both experienced bad service with Canbec. However, my boyfriend receives proper service at Canbec so I guess it's a mix of both good and bad. I had Pierre as a SA. I've heard great things about Ciprian. If it works for you, then good

I got two completely different prices for the exact same car, same specs, and same packages at canbec and west island with the exact same down payment. There was a difference of ~300 per month, which is quite unbelievable. (660$ at west island and 928$ at canbec.) Weird....
Unless you saw someone other then me , there's no way there was that big of a difference in price.
I'm the cheapest in the country. Not just in Qc.
__________________
Retired-1996 Porsche C4S Polar Silver
Retired-2006 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cab Basalt Black
Retired - 2010 S5 Cabriolet Ibis White
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #53
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,041
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
I, too, had a really bad experience at Canbec. I requested a BMW loaner when I went to service my car and they were out of cars that day; I was forced to wait at the dealer until a hyundai sonata came in. At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple. Not just once to say the least.

Also, I'm currently shopping for a new car (F30 328i x-drive) and I found the prices between Canbec and the other dealers in Montreal differ a lot. And at canbec, a discount was already factored in. Other dealers offered better service and were more professional

I won't be buying my next car from BMW Canbec or servicing it there. I do not recommend Canbec whatsoever. I would make the distance to laval or another dealer.
I've never had a problem with canbec when I brought my 328 for service but i had trouble the last time I brought my M3 for an oil change and an exhaust leak (had an increased emission warning on iDrive). First, they didn't give me a loaner cuz I'm not 25, then after an 1hour in the garage, the mechanic comes and tried to blame my aftermarket exhaust for the warning, lol? I tried to explain to him that I have a leak, you can HEAR IT and that my exhaust I only the mufflers and it's not where the cats and o2 sensor....I had to go in the garage and SHOW him where the exhaust leak was
When my car was finally done, I drove literally 2mins, got to the light where the car wash and java u is, a passenger airbag restraint warning light came on wtf?!?! It can't be a coicendence, I went back right away and they told me to take an appointment. Ciprian is a great guy and of course its not his fault that the mechanics (not all of them) are shit, so I have nothing against ciprian.

Brought my M3 to BMW west island, all I can say is WOW!! Their service made canbecs' service look like SHIT even when I thought It was good. First, a guy went around the car and checked for any scratches on the car and if there was any curb rash on the wheels then the service advisor ASKED ME if I need a loaner or drop off somewhere, and if I get drop off, they would come pick me up when my car is done!

The funniest part is that I live in the west island and I can't believe I went to canbec loll
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #54
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
I've never had a problem with canbec when I brought my 328 for service but i had trouble the last time I brought my M3 for an oil change and an exhaust leak (had an increased emission warning on iDrive). First, they didn't give me a loaner cuz I'm not 25, then after an 1hour in the garage, the mechanic comes and tried to blame my aftermarket exhaust for the warning, lol? I tried to explain to him that I have a leak, you can HEAR IT and that my exhaust I only the mufflers and it's not where the cats and o2 sensor....I had to go in the garage and SHOW him where the exhaust leak was
When my car was finally done, I drove literally 2mins, got to the light where the car wash and java u is, a passenger airbag restraint warning light came on wtf?!?! It can't be a coicendence, I went back right away and they told me to take an appointment. Ciprian is a great guy and of course its not his fault that the mechanics (not all of them) are shit, so I have nothing against ciprian.

Brought my M3 to BMW west island, all I can say is WOW!! Their service made canbecs' service look like SHIT even when I thought It was good. First, a guy went around the car and checked for any scratches on the car and if there was any curb rash on the wheels then the service advisor ASKED ME if I need a loaner or drop off somewhere, and if I get drop off, they would come pick me up when my car is done!

The funniest part is that I live in the west island and I can't believe I went to canbec loll
i had sensor problems. so they fixed it and it came back a few weeks later. my brake sensor was permanently on and i had every thing checked and changed. i give up on canbec. im taking a break from bmw, time to move onto audi!
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,041
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
i had sensor problems. so they fixed it and it came back a few weeks later. my brake sensor was permanently on and i had every thing checked and changed. i give up on canbec. im taking a break from bmw, time to move onto audi!
They have couple of mechanics are good but who I ever I had was pretty bad and couldn't speak english and I don't speak French loll
You should've brought it to another dealership. I usually tell canbec what's wrong with the car loll
Nooo don't!! Audis are nice but stay with BMW
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #56
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
They have couple of mechanics are good but who I ever I had was pretty bad and couldn't speak english and I don't speak French loll
You should've brought it to another dealership. I usually tell canbec what's wrong with the car loll
Nooo don't!! Audis are nice but stay with BMW
Ill come back to BMW when the 4 series is out I still love them no worries.
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #57
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,041
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Ill come back to BMW when the 4 series is out I still love them no worries.
NICE!! Okay sick sick!! The 4 series will look amazing! Can't wait for the M4 and M4 gran coupe
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #58
335BBS
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
I, too, had a really bad experience at Canbec. I requested a BMW loaner when I went to service my car and they were out of cars that day; I was forced to wait at the dealer until a hyundai sonata came in. At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple. Not just once to say the least.

Also, I'm currently shopping for a new car (F30 328i x-drive) and I found the prices between Canbec and the other dealers in Montreal differ a lot. And at canbec, a discount was already factored in. Other dealers offered better service and were more professional

I won't be buying my next car from BMW Canbec or servicing it there. I do not recommend Canbec whatsoever. I would make the distance to laval or another dealer.
Why would you buy another BMW? I just got rid of mine. Couldnt depend on it.>>>oops , just read your last post. I just went back to Audi as well. I've had 5 of them and have never had a serious problem. Just got my car last night. Interior is spectacular.
335BBS is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #59
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Why would you buy another BMW? I just got rid of mine. Couldnt depend on it.>>>oops , just read your last post. I just went back to Audi as well. I've had 5 of them and have never had a serious problem. Just got my car last night. Interior is spectacular.
Mine was falling apart. But I love the car passionately. Would buy one again easily. Would just get rid of it at warranty end
__________________
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Why would you buy another BMW? I just got rid of mine. Couldnt depend on it.>>>oops , just read your last post. I just went back to Audi as well. I've had 5 of them and have never had a serious problem. Just got my car last night. Interior is spectacular.
Which Audi did you get?
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #61
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,041
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Why would you buy another BMW? I just got rid of mine. Couldnt depend on it.>>>oops , just read your last post. I just went back to Audi as well. I've had 5 of them and have never had a serious problem. Just got my car last night. Interior is spectacular.
Read the whole sentence again, her car stayed for a week+ because the service at canbec is bad "At times, my car sits there for a long time (over a week) for a service that is just so simple."

Just saying loll
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #62
bobblehead
Brigadier General
 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

Posts: 3,671
iTrader: (0)

RS5 ? S4/5?


Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
Which Audi did you get?
bobblehead is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #63
MTL Bimmer
Major General
 
MTL Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328 (DD) & E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal ; Kuwait

Posts: 8,041
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Mine was falling apart. But I love the car passionately. Would buy one again easily. Would just get rid of it at warranty end
Mine are not falling apart lol i will definitely keep buying BMWs (M6 is next hopefully) and if I go with a Porsche, Ferrari or lambo, I'll have a BMW in my garage I just LOVE the car.
__________________
08 E92 M3/Melbourne Red/6MT/Exec Pack/MDrive/EDC/PDC/19" 220M
Mods: VRS Front Lip, HID Angels, KW V3, Stoptech BBK, SS lines, 18" TE37SL, Bastuck Exhaust, MS Air Filter, OEM Aluminum Padels, LED Interior Light
07 E92 328i/Jet Black/Cream Beige Leather/Premium/Step/Heated Seats...check garage!
MTL Bimmer is offline   Kuwait
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #64
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
RS5 ? S4/5?
RS5! Those cars are out of my budget at the moment. A5 S-line for me !
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #65
catherinelam
Captain
 
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 879
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Mine are not falling apart lol i will definitely keep buying BMWs (M6 is next hopefully) and if I go with a Porsche, Ferrari or lambo, I'll have a BMW in my garage I just LOVE the car.

Love love love the F13 M6. It's no longer a v10 though.
catherinelam is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
john dough
Banned
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: montreal

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Audi? Canbec? I'm there

Hey everyone.

I actually worked at Canbec AND an Audi dealer so here goes;

Audi's are absolutely beautiful cars with killer good looking interior however the problems are outrageous!
Canbec is a bigger dealer with more mechanics yet have less warranty repairs than a smaller Audi dealer. Actually before working with Audi I wanted one....now I will never buy one...ever! I thought Audi fixed all the unreliability issues but OMG the horror.
Like everything though there a lucky and unlucky clients but I'm always surprised when someone tells me they never had problems with their Audi. I would even see 2 or 3 new engines being rebuilt per week...under 20k km. Ridiculous! BMW have their share of problems but compared to Audi (in my professional experience) they are so much more reliable! BMW is innovative and Audi try to better BMW's innovations instead of having their own. You will never find and option on an Audi that BMW doesn't have but will find new innovations with the release of each new BMW's.

As for the service at Canbec people need to realize many things;

1. dealers can't have 100s of loaner cars to rent out when owners bring their vehicle. (no room and dealer would lose money and close)

2 the dealer is at the mercy of clients...if 2 clients are supposed to pick up their car and return 2 loaners at 8 am and 2 other clients want a BMW loaner for 8:30 Canbec will reserve them ....what do you think happens?? 1 or both previous owners do not return the cars on time or even the same day! The clients with the 8:30 reservation will be pissed off and rant to everyone that the service is not good and didn't receive what they were promised. Some clients actually bring in their old BMW (2005-2007) late Friday in hopes of getting a new BMW loaner for the weekend then don't return it for days or even 1 week.

3. every single client wants a preferential treatment and requests a BMW loaner. Canbec repair between 70 to 100 cars at a time!!! Honestly every dealer do their best to hold a BMW or Audi loaner for each client but do run out.(especially busy days like freezing temps, snow storms, tire season..etc) Every dealer try's to treat every customers the same BUT people need to realize that some customers own 3 or 4 cars..for example a 7 series and M5 for him, an X5 for her and a 328 for the youngster. Or maybe an X6 M being the 3rd or 4th car the client buys from Canbec, spending easily 500 000$ at this dealer...this owner obviously gets the last BMW loaner before a 1 time owner. This happens in every dealer and it's normal.

4. we deal with mechanics and electronics...things happen and are unpredictable.

5. jobber parts including changed mufflers DO unbalance the car and CAN cause weird defect codes and warning lights, they also affect warranty and BMW Canada reserve the right to void entire warranty's for modified cars...even for repairs that have nothing to do with the mods

6.98% of mechanics at Canbec speak English!

7. contrary to popular belief when a warning light comes on after a service the mechanic didn't cause it by screwing around. They fix the problem at hand this may cause the electronic system to produce error codes and warning lights. After they fix the problem at hand they make a small test drive and that's it. They can't drive every car for a few kilometers after each repair to see if a light comes on, besides customers would not like it. (if the techs test drive the cars too much the client complains, if they don't drive enough the client complains!)

8. Canbec's main problem are lengthy repairs but if your SA gave you bad service remember they are human, make mistakes and can have off days...regardless of the dealer.
john dough is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST