E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #6821
benzy89
0
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbig View Post
2013 335is dct Cobb work well ? Afe intake, downpipes, ?
Yeppp -- Plenty of people running the MT, AT & DCT trans. With the tune, intake & downpipes you'll be running the Stage 2 OTS Maps. If you can budget it, I'd actually recommend you get an FMIC before the DPs to ensure consistent power numbers & not falling subject to heatsoak/reduced performance.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #6822
Mrbig
0
Captain
 
Drives: 13 335is
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N.Y.C

Posts: 986
iTrader: (1)

I have A Fmic as well and a Procede meth kit going in soon as well will Cobb support these mods along catless dps no light on dash ?
Mrbig is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #6823
Ćnema
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbig View Post
I have A Fmic as well and a Procede meth kit going in soon as well will Cobb support these mods along catless dps no light on dash ?
As far as bolt-ons are consideresd you're fine. However, the Procede meth kit requires the Procede as a controller. You're better off using the HFS-3, hardware wise it's the same thing as the Procede but has it's own controller.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #6824
benzy89
0
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbig View Post
I have A Fmic as well and a Procede meth kit going in soon as well will Cobb support these mods along catless dps no light on dash ?
Once the FMIC + DPs are installed, you'll be able to run the Stage 2+FMIC OTS Maps (basically the FBO Mapping). From there you'll be able to run Sport or Aggressive (if you're running 93 octane).


Like Ćnema said, you're better off with the Aquamist HFS systems (something that independently manages meth) & a trunk mounted meth tank (too many 135/335s have gone up in flames because of leaky windshield washer necks -- a trunk tank can avoid that problem).
benzy89 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #6825
twinship
0
Booosted
 
twinship's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 804
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Just realized that after changing from Cobb S1 to S1+ the HPFP is no longer priming -- you know, the 5-second whirring noise after you unlock the doors.

Am I the only one or is this a known issue?

Anything to be concerned about...?

TIA.
__________________
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
twinship is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #6826
Ćnema
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
Just realized that after changing from Cobb S1 to S1+ the HPFP is no longer priming -- you know, the 5-second whirring noise after you unlock the doors.

Am I the only one or is this a known issue?

Anything to be concerned about...?

TIA.
That's normal... and it's actually the LPFP that's priming when you hear that noise.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #6827
135Pats
0
8-2
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,649
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ćnema View Post
That's normal... and it's actually the LPFP that's priming when you hear that noise.
Interesting, i've been running Stg1+ aggressive for several months now, and I think I still hear the lpfp priming when I unlock the door after the car has cooled down....Hmm i'll report back after work with a definitive answer.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is online now   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #6828
twinship
0
Booosted
 
twinship's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 804
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ćnema View Post
That's normal... and it's actually the LPFP that's priming when you hear that noise.
OK, thx.

Still concerned tho about the pump no longer priming. That was supposed to be part of the fix for the failing HPFPs, right? Did Cobb determine that BMW disdiagnosed the problem and priming was not really necessary?

Confused...
__________________
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
twinship is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #6829
DallasBoosted
0
Captain
 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
OK, thx.

Still concerned tho about the pump no longer priming. That was supposed to be part of the fix for the failing HPFPs, right? Did Cobb determine that BMW disdiagnosed the problem and priming was not really necessary?

Confused...
My LPFP still primes every time, and I've had the Cobb on for a while now. No change when I installed the Cobb.
DallasBoosted is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #6830
techwhiz
0
Lieutenant Colonel
 
techwhiz's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca

Posts: 1,653
iTrader: (3)

I have Cobb with ST1 Sport and the pump still make noise when I unlock the doors.
techwhiz is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #6831
Ćnema
0
Captain
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona Bay

Posts: 961
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Interesting, i've been running Stg1+ aggressive for several months now, and I think I still hear the lpfp priming when I unlock the door after the car has cooled down....Hmm i'll report back after work with a definitive answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
OK, thx.

Still concerned tho about the pump no longer priming. That was supposed to be part of the fix for the failing HPFPs, right? Did Cobb determine that BMW disdiagnosed the problem and priming was not really necessary?

Confused...
I believe it's more about ROM versions rather than maps, but i could be wrong about that. Some cars will prime, others may not.
__________________
"I'm not surprised you get along well with all the other neighbours. If you put fifty children with Down's syndrome in a room there is going to be a lot of hugging." David Thorne
Ćnema is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #6832
135Pats
0
8-2
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,649
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ćnema View Post
I believe it's more about ROM versions rather than maps, but i could be wrong about that. Some cars will prime, others may not.
That was the only variable that made sense to me...i'm IJEOS FWIW.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is online now   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #6833
twinship
0
Booosted
 
twinship's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 804
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
That was the only variable that made sense to me...i'm IJEOS FWIW.
In my case tho, the change happened when I went from S1 (priming) to S1+ (no priming). So there was no change in ROM.
__________________
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
twinship is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #6834
Dr_Dirt
0
Major
 
Dr_Dirt's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i 6AT
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DFW

Posts: 1,475
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
I have Cobb with ST1 Sport and the pump still make noise when I unlock the doors.
I wonder if it only primes if the line pressure drops...
__________________
Verizon LTE speed
Dr_Dirt is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #6835
cbad335
0
Lieutenant Colonel
 
cbad335's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
In my case tho, the change happened when I went from S1 (priming) to S1+ (no priming). So there was no change in ROM.
Noticed your in CA. Are you running the Stage 1+ Sport map on ACN 91 gas? Do your logs look ok?
__________________

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
cbad335 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #6836
twinship
0
Booosted
 
twinship's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 804
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
Noticed your in CA. Are you running the Stage 1+ Sport map on ACN 91 gas? Do your logs look ok?
Yes, running ACN 91. Sorry, haven't gotten around to logging yet, but the engine seems to run strong and smooth.
__________________
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
twinship is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #6837
D25mn
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Codes

Ok guys recently got downpipes, intercooler, but didn't get around to doing the DCIs. Running Stage 2+FMIC ST Sport on 93 octane as I don't have the intake.

Drove about 303 miles this week, and had no problems. After starting up the car to go home from the office got SES, pulled over and check the codes and got the following:

P0133
P2c39
P29CF
P2C3A

The miss-fire on cylinder #3, The car has 25,000 miles but the car was just tuned about 2000 miles ago.

Is the misfire causing the other 3 codes to show?
D25mn is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #6838
VNeBLOB42
0
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Once the FMIC + DPs are installed, you'll be able to run the Stage 2+FMIC OTS Maps (basically the FBO Mapping). From there you'll be able to run Sport or Aggressive (if you're running 93 octane).


Like Ćnema said, you're better off with the Aquamist HFS systems (something that independently manages meth) & a trunk mounted meth tank (too many 135/335s have gone up in flames because of leaky windshield washer necks -- a trunk tank can avoid that problem).
Damn benzy. That didn't take long. Banned again..
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #6839
dominick
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: S. Florida

Posts: 116
iTrader: (2)

Can anyone tell me what the boost should be reading while in park? Thanks
dominick is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #6840
DallasBoosted
0
Captain
 
DallasBoosted's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

Posts: 864
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Once the FMIC + DPs are installed, you'll be able to run the Stage 2+FMIC OTS Maps (basically the FBO Mapping). From there you'll be able to run Sport or Aggressive (if you're running 93 octane).


Like nema said, you're better off with the Aquamist HFS systems (something that independently manages meth) & a trunk mounted meth tank (too many 135/335s have gone up in flames because of leaky windshield washer necks -- a trunk tank can avoid that problem).
Damn benzy. That didn't take long. Banned again..
What'd he do?
DallasBoosted is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #6841
klebel
0
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA

Posts: 73
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D25mn
Ok guys recently got downpipes, intercooler, but didn't get around to doing the DCIs. Running Stage 2+FMIC ST Sport on 93 octane as I don't have the intake.

Drove about 303 miles this week, and had no problems. After starting up the car to go home from the office got SES, pulled over and check the codes and got the following:

P0133
P2c39
P29CF
P2C3A

The miss-fire on cylinder #3, The car has 25,000 miles but the car was just tuned about 2000 miles ago.

Is the misfire causing the other 3 codes to show?
My guess is spark plugs. Are you still on original plugs? You should be replacing them every 20k miles at most with a tune. I just did mine. Then found out my coil packs were going bad too.
klebel is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #6842
D25mn
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klebel View Post
My guess is spark plugs. Are you still on original plugs? You should be replacing them every 20k miles at most with a tune. I just did mine. Then found out my coil packs were going bad too.
Right but I just tuned the car 2,000 miles ago. its 2011 335is with 25k that I bought when it had 23k.

The history shows a bad plug at 21k so I assume the car was tuned for a bit before it was traded back into the dealer. I actually flashed back to Stage 1 sport even though I have 93 available. The codes went away.

I agree the plugs probably were worn and the going to Stage 2+ increase the timing enough to have one fail. What concerned me were the other lamba codes, which is probably caused by the misfire but I was not sure.

I ordered a set of ngks one step colder, I'm going to give them a shot. From previous turbo cars I've owned the bosch always seems to wear out quicker.
D25mn is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST